Ichibe vs Yamamoto

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I'd put Shunsui and Unohana above Kisuke regardless of his war status though.
Post automatically merged:

Seeing the 5 war threats by Yhwach's list, this makes me thinking that EoS Kenpachi has surpassed EoS Yamamoto (which is weaker than his prime version who defeated Yhwach, growing old and became crippled).

But EoS Kenpachi vs Prime Yamamoto?
Yamamoto has more raw power and better techniques than the version that fought Yhwach a thousand years ago. Ryod had no memory of Yama's techniques. The only disabling feature was his pride + arm from FKT. The best version of Yama is Pre-Time Skip and IMO Kenny takes it. Too much raw power in his bankai.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Yhwach said he left off Yamamoto from the war potentials list, not because he lacked strength but because he was too soft IIRC. Kenpachi didn't impress me as much as Yamamoto, he was tearing his body apart after just briefly activating Bankai. Yamamoto not only has complete control, his attacks were much more threatening.

Ichibei on the other hand was bleach hax personified tbh, taken to ridiculous levels. Seemed like he was the strongest shinigami in the entire show, that's the impression he gave me, can't remember the details though.

Nah Unohana and Kyoraku are not on there.
And Kenpachi is on there because of the power he regained after he killed Unohana which makes him a more reasonable threat to the Quincy compared to Yama.
No, Kenpachi was already included in the war potential even before he regained his strength.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Correct me if I am wrong, Yhwach lost his powers---which includes the almighty---in his battle against Yamamoto and had to wait for as long as he did to get them back. On the other hand, He one-shotted Ichibi as soon as he got his power, which he supposedly lost because of Yamamoto. Does that not make Yamamoto, at least the prime version of him, look more impressive?

Apart from this one reason, everything else points towards Ichibi being stronger of the two.

H

Haoshoku

No, Kenpachi was already included in the war potential even before he regained his strength.
Its the same reason he was placed there iirc, because Kenpachi simply put locks on himself mentally and made himself weaker but his power tends to flucuate when he faces stronger opponents in battle and he grows. This is how he was able to go from fighting SS Ichigo to fighting Nnoitra to fighting released Yammy.

Depends on whether any of Ichibe's powers can bypass a 15 million degrees shield. Yhwach (or his clone) said that he would've turned to ashes if it wasn't for Blutvene Anhaben.

But it was also said that the 0 squad is stronger than all 13 captains combined. I don't really know the strength of the rest of the squad, nor the strength of the captains, since I did only watch some chapters of the quincy war (e.g. fight with Yamamoto and Ichibe), but I suppose that Ichibe is far stronger than the rest of the 0 squad. And if Yamamoto can beat him, the others will die in the crossfire. Correct me if I'm wrong. Lol.

So Ichibe probably beats Yamamoto but he would need the rest of the zero squad to beat all 13 captains combined.

H

Haoshoku

Correct me if I am wrong, Yhwach lost his powers---which includes the almighty---in his battle against Yamamoto and had to wait for as long as he did to get them back. On the other hand, He one-shotted Ichibi as soon as he got his power, which he supposedly lost because of Yamamoto. Does that not make Yamamoto, at least the prime version of him, look more impressive?

Apart from this one reason, everything else points towards Ichibi being stronger of the two.
I missed this, well Prime Yamamoto if alive during the post timeskip would be considered one of the War Potentials, but Yhwach himself said he became weaker which is the reason why he was exempt from the list. Yamamoto also used underhanded tactics to beat Yhwach as implied here:
Also Yhwach got stronger during those 1000 years in hiding I think though not sure.

They're evenly matched but Ichibe would win. His zanpaukto is simply better, as well as he defeated a Yhwach who should be stronger than his past self when he went up against Yamamoto. Probably with high diff though.

Why do people use the Yhwach arguments? Do people not realize Yhwach stole Yama's Bankai in order to beat him....a one-armed old Yamamoto....and do people not remember it was Yamamoto originally to defeat Yhwach 1000 years prior...

I think Ichibe beats Yamamoto due to his ability but this Yamamoto downplay is disrespectful.