Speculations If it's so hard to beat King, then why did his entire race get killed off?

Because he’s someone who’s been in a highly aggressive pirate crew for 30+ years. You don’t take Smoothie as the average for long legs, do you?
Oda when hyping up King aka lunarians, presented them as whole.

King was never singled out as this special Lunarian that's above his lineage.

Smoothie also can't be compared, she's the only strong long legged where as Lunarians were ALL considered to be God and untouchable.

Because he’s someone who’s been in a highly aggressive pirate crew for 30+ years. You don’t take Smoothie as the average for long legs, do you?
I agree. Anyone in his race can control flames to an undetermined degree and share the invulnerability flame on trait, but King's skills in combat are his own and he was a monster even flame off. Likely stuff like his magma dragon wasn't easy to hone and not something every lunarian child is just born performing.
Post automatically merged:

Smoothie also can't be compared, she's the only strong long legged where as Lunarians were ALL considered to be God and untouchable.
Only their survivability was hyped, which really is a very strong gimmick as it makes them the most durable beings in the verse and worth to be studied for their genes, but that never meant his race is born King level.

Fishmen are also hyped for certain underwater traits and strength, or for their jujitsu and karate, yet they are not all Jinbe.

I agree. Anyone in his race can control flames to an undetermined degree and share the invulnerability flame on trait, but King's skills in combat are his own and he was a monster even flame off. Likely stuff like his magma dragon wasn't easy to hone and not something every lunarian child is just born performing.
That's the point, his invulnerability hasn't been tied to him specifically and that's further supported by the seraphim who protray the same level of durability.

Doubt the OP is referencing magma at all.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Yeah, because there’s no point in hyping up a dude as an exception to a dead race . The race is powerful and kings the right hand to a Yonko. In no way possible, is every Lunarian on or with a decades long, ancient zoan pirate.

Because who killed them were stronger hahaha.

The nobles are in their homeland, they are the winners of the 20 kingdoms, obviously those 20 kingdoms had top tiers, probably CoC users. Doflamingo is a decendant of them and shows how strong were they at least. Shanks is also from descendant of them and look how strong he is.

Lunarians should have a weakness other than turning off the flames, maybe CoC related.

CoC can tame animals, maybe CoC can turn their flames off so they will be vulnerable.

Key word: they used to live on top of the Red Line.

And currently, the Celestial dragons are the ones living there in Mariejois.

Considering their durability, I doubt the Lunarians lost in a fair war or battle, but were probably exterminated by the Celestial dragons using one of the Ancient Weapons to erase them from there before taking over their homes.

Similar to how the Columbians drove the Native Americans out of their lands.

Oda already referenced this in Skypiea arc with Shandians and the Skypians, and I believe a repeat of this plot happened with the Lunarians and Celestial dragons (including Imu) but on a much grander scale.

I'd only agree if I believed King's flame-on invulnerability was the only thing that made him a monster.
Thats his greatest trait, just like Katakuri's F.S. Without that ability they are significantly weaker.

What made King hard to beat was his invulnerability which is what the is OP is seemlying pointing out.

Naturally King with a devil fruit is > a fruitless lunarian.

Yeah, because there’s no point in hyping up a dude as an exception to a dead race . The race is powerful and kings the right hand to a Yonko. In no way possible, is every Lunarian on or with a decades long, ancient zoan pirate.
What made him hard to beat was his invulnerability.

Sure, as an ancient zoan he should be physically stronger than the average lunarian but that's not the reason why Zoro had an hard time.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Thats his greatest trait, just like Katakuri's F.S. Without that ability they are significantly weaker.

What made King hard to beat was his invulnerability which is what the is OP is seemlying pointing out.

Naturally King with a devil fruit is > a fruitless lunarian.

What made him hard to beat was his invulnerability.

Sure, as an ancient zoan he should be physically stronger than the average lunarian but that's not the reason why zoan had an hard time.
He was also a great fighter. If he wasn’t, the fight would be more similar to the Seraphim vs Zoro battle where they can’t do anything to him

Because who killed them were stronger hahaha.

The nobles are in their homeland, they are the winners of the 20 kingdoms, obviously those 20 kingdoms had top tiers, probably CoC users. Doflamingo is a decendant of them and shows how strong were they at least. Shanks is also from descendant of them and look how strong he is.

Lunarians should have a weakness other than turning off the flames, maybe CoC related.

CoC can tame animals, maybe CoC can turn their flames off so they will be vulnerable.
Doflamingo is a descendant but he's certainly not as strong as a Lunarian warrior