Future Events If Onigashima battle is only the first part of the war, and the capital the second, who do you think will face who ?

If there is only one part to Wano war, each relevant member of the crews will get 1 or 2 matches max.

But If there are 2 part of this war, people like Zoro, Sanji, Luffy, Jack, and the others can very well get 2 or 3 ( or even 4 ) relevant matches.

Like Zoro could face King in the first part, then Smoothie, then Kaidou in the second part, when Sanji could face Kaidou on the first part along Luffy then Who's Who and Kaidou again in the Second Part.

Who would you put against who ?

๐ŸŽผ

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
If there is only one part to Wano war, each relevant member of the crews will get 1 or 2 matches max.

But If there are 2 part of this war, people like Zoro, Sanji, Luffy, Jack, and the others can very well get 2 or 3 ( or even 4 ) relevant matches.

Like Zoro could face King in the first part, then Smoothie, then Kaidou in the second part, when Sanji could face Kaidou on the first part along Luffy then Who's Who and Kaidou again in the Second Part.

๐ŸŽผ
I don't think Oda will make it work this way.

Zoro might very well just fight one opponent, same for Sanji or even for Luffy. Perhaps Luffy 2 since he is the main character.

I also expect the other SHs to have extreme difficulty fights implying they will get 1 on 1s.

So in this case there won't be so many fights yet to witness for this arc.

Imo, it won't be a 2 part war. What might happen is everyone aside from Big Mom/Kaido goes down at Onigashima, as they will on the mainland after some big plot shift due to Orochi or something. I think the battle will be split, and we'll even get a couple of sea battles like Oda wanted.

That said, my current matchups are probably not going to be right. Its way to structurally complicated to even figure out who is fighting who outside of a select few. There are way more antagonists than protagonists (assuming the BMP join the war and the Scabbards ultimately lose with no recovery to fight again).

Of the few I feel pretty confident about, they are:

- Luffy/Kid/Law/Drake/Hawkins/Apoo vs. Kaido/Big Mom. Yes I think something will cause the latter 2 to shift sides. I already think Hawkins did since Law spared him. Its also been the goals of all 6 to fight and take out Yonko. They all should have that payoff.

- Sanji vs. Queen. This last chapter proved that Queen has interest in Sanji, but I think structurally and just based on Odas standards, this was obvious

- Zoro vs. King. If the above is true and pans out, Id expect Oda to follow tradition and give Zoro the other major commander fight. They aren't near each other as of yet so I can't be sure but it seems possible now more than it has been.

- Jinbe vs. Smoothie or Jack. If the above two face Calamities, its only fair that Jinbe does the same for Jack or Smoothie (if the BMP pose as threats soon).

- Yamato vs. Smoothie or Jack. Potentially my bias but I see Yamato as the next strawhat and I also see her as another commander level pirate higher than the F6. Im not sure of the Sasaki battle will play out, but I can see her being the one other force that takes on yet another commander between BM/Kaido.

These matches I have safer bets on than the F6, Numbers, Orochi's men (Kanjuro, Hotei, Fukurokuju) or any other extraneous party we have yet to meet. Surely the rest of the strawhats will get something, it is the arc to do so, but maybe the other Supernova help offset this. Who knows if additional villains or help shows up in the coming chapters.

Last edited:
They won't go to the Flower Capital, this war end in Onigashima
Eh, not sure about that for a few reasons:

- Kaido announces the New Onigashima project, insinuating that part of their plan is occurring the night of the raid with transforming Wano into a pirate haven.

- Orochi is suspiciously not shown. Fukurokuju walked away from the battles, insinuating he is still alive. At this point then, Orochi would have no reason to be at Onigashima, and instead head back to Wano to twart Kaido's plans (imo, he knows how to destroy Wano physically, which would fuck over virtually everyone. Other scenes with Orochi prove that he's making Wano suffer for what happened to his family, but he wants to see it all burn than be saved.

- Oda, almost characteristically, makes the inhabitants of an island witness their either inevitable destruction or savior at the hands of pirates. This was the case for Baratie, Arlong, Alabasta, Skypiea, Water 7 (to an extent), Fishman Island, Dressrosa and WCI. To not involve Wano's inhabitants outside of the samurai would be pretty uncharacteristic of him.

I do think some of the battle will fall back to mainland Wano, just not all of it.

I can see Kaido/Orochi ending happening in Onigashima, maybe Kaido's dragon form itself being the mean of transport.
But Big Mom would not go and same for most of the battle partecipants.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
I can see Kaido/Orochi ending happening in Onigashima, maybe Kaido's dragon form itself being the mean of transport.
But Big Mom would not go and same for most of the battle partecipants.
Orochi might have already died, we really don't know.

Logic says he did, in that his head was cut whilst he was in human form and he is no logia so if he got just one head then that's it. Had he gotten 3 , it would of been different.

But if Orochi is not out of the equation I bet he is probably not dying by the hand of the SHs so I don't know how he would die exactly.

Logic says he did, in that his head was cut whilst he was in human form and he is no logia so if he got just one head then that's it. Had he gotten 3 , it would of been different.

But if Orochi is not out of the equation I bet he is probably not dying by the hand of the SHs so I don't know how he would die exactly.
I think Momo will kill him

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž

๐ŸŽผ
I always make predictions but this arc is so boring and unpredictable that I dont care too kuch besides zoro and sanji.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
So if the arc would be more predictable, then it'll be more enjoyable for you?
Isn't that like saying "my headcanon didn't happen so it is boring!" ? XD
No. One panel shs are under the hole to the roof next chapter Onigashima is structured like impel down apparently. There are things wchich i would enjoy but oda wont make the happwn but that doesnt mean he can surprise and satisfy me.

This arc is the worst post ts arc by far.

V3 alabasta.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
I think Momo will kill him
That would be epic but I don't know if Momo will kill anyone, or at least if Oda will portray a kid killing someone haha.

I recall it happened with Doflamingo, but he was the worst kid ever portrayed by Oda when it comes to alignment (we know his character is pretty cool regardless of that).

-> Luffy said to both Big Mom and Kaidou that he wanted to defeat them so he will be part of thoses battle.

-> Zoro is connected to Ryuma, Shushui, Enma, and defeating Dragons in general so he will very probably connected to defeating Kaidou.

-> Kidd is connected to Queen and the Udon prison ( he has been captured twice ) as well as Kaidou, which he challenged and Hawkins and Apoo that "betrayed" him.

-> Law is the one asking Straw Hat to defeat Kaidou so he will probably be part of this battle.

-> Marco came to join his friend Nekomamushi and he already had a skirmish with Big Mom so he will probably go heal the 9 red Scabbards who are probably agonizing at this point.

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

Themes :

-> Jimbei is themed Fishman, and Water

-> Sanji is themed legs, fire, fly, speed and science

-> Zoro is themed Swords

-> Marco is themed legs, fire and heal

-> Jack is themed Minks, Fishman, and Endurance

-> Queen is themed science, poison, hard-boiled, Udon prison, mechanical arm ( and double sword )

-> King is themed Swords, legs, fire, fly and speed

-> Smoothie is themed Swords, Water

-> Who's who is themed Swords

-> Sasaki is themed Sword and Fishman

๐Ÿ’™

They won't go to the Flower Capital, this war end in Onigashima
Makes no sense in terms of writing.

One major point of Oda's arc climaxes is the fact that the oppressed citizens/people always witness Luffy defeating their big bad enemy for them.

It has been this way in every single arc, with every single villain (Arlong, Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, Moria, Doflamingo etc.).

So here the alliance wipes out Kaido & Co. on Onigashima and then return back to the Flower Capital, where everyone is still hammered from the Fire Festival?

How on earth should that convo go?

"Hi guys, hell of a party here I guess. Well, you probably won't believe it - really, you won't - but we just defeated Kaido & Co. on Onigashima. Just trust us, although we have no truly convincing evidence to show you. Yay!"

Makes no sense in terms of writing.

One major point of Oda's arc climaxes is the fact that the oppressed citizens/people always witness Luffy defeating their big bad enemy for them.

It has been this way in every single arc, with every single villain (Arlong, Crocodile, Enel, Lucci, Moria, Doflamingo etc.).

So here the alliance wipes out Kaido & Co. on Onigashima and then return back to the Flower Capital, where everyone is still hammered from the Fire Festival?

How on earth should that convo go?

"Hi guys, hell of a party here I guess. Well, you probably won't believe it - really, you won't - but we just defeated Kaido & Co. on Onigashima. Just trust us, although we have no truly convincing evidence to show you. Yay!"
Kaido will fly over to Onigashima near the conclusion of the battle but the majority of the fights will happen on Onigashima.

No one in Alabasta witnessed Luffy and the others actually defeating the shadow organization of Baroque Works that sought to undermine their country.

No one in Skypiea saw Luffy and the others defeat the Priests but they did see Luffy knock out Enel at the conclusion of the arc.

No one in Water Seven saw the SHP defeat CP9 except for the Kokoro, Chimney, Galley-La and the Franky Family but that still gave them worldwide recognition and acknowledgement.

No one saw them defeat Gecko Moria and his crew except the Rolling Pirates but they still receive some recognition for it.

The only arcs where the Strawhats and their allies entire fights were shown to the populace were Arlong Park, Fishman Island, and Dressrosa.

It's already taking around 40 chapters just to set up the fights, add another 30 to have the conclusion of what you guys call the first round, just imagine that they would have to go to the capital then another 30 chapters to set up the fights and 30 more for the conclusion. 10 more before leaving Wano.

Do you guys expect Wano to last another 3 years?

Onigashima is the endgame. Only Kaido might be defeated in the capital. And it's not even sure.

Kaido may fall in the capital but there isn't a second war happening in Wano, Oda is just spending way too much time on Onigashima only for it fail and start over again, we literally have been building this up for 80+ chapters and if we just hit reset again Wano may go on forever. It just doesn't make any sense from a narrative standpoint, if Oda intended to make Onigashima completely fail it would have happened a while ago.

Onigashima :

Luffy , Law , Kidd and Zoro vs Kaido
Marco vs King
Sanji vs Queen
Jinbei vs Jack
Drake vs Apoo
Ichiji vs Whoโ€™s Who
Killer vs Sasaki
Yamato vs Black Maria
Reiju vs Ulti
Niji vs Page One
Rest of SH vs Numbers

not sure what Wano has to offer cause it's could go in any direction but Hotei , Fuko and Orochi are still up

Doubt he is dead, his DF is too fitting as a counter to what Kaido did to him

-> Luffy said to both Big Mom and Kaidou that he wanted to defeat them so he will be part of thoses battle.

-> Zoro is connected to Ryuma, Shushui, Enma, and defeating Dragons in general so he will very probably connected to defeating Kaidou.

-> Kidd is connected to Queen and the Udon prison ( he has been captured twice ) as well as Kaidou, which he challenged and Hawkins and Apoo that "betrayed" him.

-> Law is the one asking Straw Hat to defeat Kaidou so he will probably be part of this battle.

-> Marco came to join his friend Nekomamushi and he already had a skirmish with Big Mom so he will probably go heal the 9 red Scabbards who are probably agonizing at this point.

๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒป

Themes :

-> Jimbei is themed Fishman, and Water

-> Sanji is themed legs, fire, fly, speed and science

-> Zoro is themed Swords

-> Marco is themed legs, fire and heal

-> Jack is themed Minks, Fishman, and Endurance

-> Queen is themed science, poison, hard-boiled, Udon prison, mechanical arm ( and double sword )

-> King is themed Swords, legs, fire, fly and speed

-> Smoothie is themed Swords, Water

-> Who's who is themed Swords

-> Sasaki is themed Sword and Fishman

๐Ÿ’™
Jimbe-Jack-Sasaki-Smoothie battle on Onigashima shore :finally:
Marco-Sanji-King aerial battle :finally:

Queen is like the fusion of Sanji, Franky and Kidd :zorothink: