Questions & Mysteries If Zoro’s attack had connected in chapter 1002 would he have killed/grievously scarred Kaido without acoc?

first thing folks need to understand is kaido has been defeated 7 times
its likely some of that is when he had his fruit too
no scars on him however till oden
it doesnt mean because luffy is using coc because his punches are too shallow
other fighters required that to beat kaido . as I said overtime
adv coa hits still do enough damage to wear him down , df fruit abilities can still come into play etc
however a scar is more than just an immediate wound, it remains for life. that would require coc from what I can tell with the little comment about zoro after making the scar just like oden.

If it's for a OHKO maybe. But we have no confirmation. Could Akainu do it for example if he has internal destruction Haki with Hellhound?
Well, Akainu is different because he has the added benefit of his Devil Fruit's potency and lethality. But even then it's inconsistent, because Curiel was doused in Magma, and he wasn't left with any visible scars that I can remember.

There's a reason it didn't land. If It had landed, it might give him a Scar (not as deep as Asura), but It wouldn't have killed him. But end of Wano Zoro if doing the same move on a much weaker and battered Kaidou will absolutely chop that head off, and that's why Oda had Zoro miss initially. :finally:
Or the simpler reason is Oda just wanted to give Zoro a badass moment of slicing the massive horn clean off of the skull of Onigashima.