Character Discussion Imu = The World's greatest fraud

Is Imu a fraud or a badass warrior

• Total voters
This is a thread i actually planned on making in the future when we get more of the character because others myself included have noted that there are many early signs of why Imu is possibly going to end up as the World's greatest fraud. The most pathetic character that Oda will ever draw.

Since there's not really much to go by other than superficial observations it's obviously going to feel like I'm reaching with some parts but i still truly believe that there's a pattern in which Oda creates strong, badass, evil villains.

1.) Imu the pervert
During the reverie Imu was seen holding a picture of Vivi which obviously was indication that he has plans with her. He took her picture with him(going to assume Imu is a he) after ripping the pictures of Luffy, Teach, Shirahoshi apart like a butthurt child. This is clearly implying that she's the next light that Imu intends to extinguish but that's actually were Oda is trying to deceive us again.

Oda keeps on going the path that's the least expected because he's obsessed with it.

- We thought BB goes after the ancient weapons, the Mera Mera or even Mihawk's blade but Oda actually went with Boa's fruit which is just ridiculous. Why would Teach ever give a fuck about Boa's fruit ?
He can't even make use of it.
This actually shows that Oda is obsessed with this horny gag of having people simp for beautiful ladies and this trope will continue to be a thing until the last chapter.

- We thought Weevil is safe from being imprisoned because he was just introduced so Oda had him get packed up because nobody would and did expect it. Again the obsession of staying unpredictable.

Which is why I'm heavily assuming that Vivi is captured in the holy land and continously harassed by the pathetic perv Imu that'd actually risk a war because he's a horny fuck.

Now. Oda never gives this trope to a character that he plans to be taken as a serious, menacing, evil villain because it makes the character look ridiculous and pathetic. The only exception to the rule is Blackbeard but he's an exception in more ways than one and i think everyone agrees on that.

- Kuro
- Don Krieg
- Arlong
- Crocodile
- Enel
- Lucci
- Akainu
- Hody
- Doflamingo
- Even Kaido to a degree (never obsessed over tits as far as i know)

The only characters Oda plagues with this garbage are those not meant to be taken seriously or those that are extremely quirky anyways. I think he even said every male is a pervert deep down.

Which character that hides himself in the shadow of a strong person that is also a pervert built like a fodder do we know off that ended up being a massive fraud ?
Shall i help?

- Imu is built like a bitch

Look back at all those guys, has Oda ever portrayed a menacingly powerful entity that's actually not looking like the real deal appearance wise ?

The only character we thought has a shot is Weevil and look how that turned out.

- Imu is hiding his ass in the shadows instead of coming out putting the people of the world in their place and ruling it with an iron fist.

If we look back at major Shounen antagonists, do you associate those with an introvert that's hiding his ass in the basement of a castle for centuries using a joystick to nuke Islands from kilometres away ?

Surely you don't think of the following guys like that.
It's a major red flag that Imu is portrayed as a coward that can't carry out his orders himself but rather hides himself in the safest place of the globe, ordering people around and using a remote control of an OP weapon to destroy targets.

This surely doesn't scream Gigachad energy of Madara taking the alliance alone or Yhwach freeing Aizen off his chair to fuck him up in a fight, no?

Seems like the Gorosei make up for the being a badass part.

And the biggest Red flag of ALL
Roger actually laughing at the so dark and horrible history of the void century where the evil bad Imu has supposedly slaughtered billions.

Telling ya. The Void century will topple everything that we've seen before in terms of being Goofy. Roger called that shit a funny story. I'm fully expecting Imu to be the biggest loser, weakling, cuck whose wife jumped on the Gigachad Joyboy cause we all know that's how Oda will portray him because Oda just wants to make Imu look as pathetic as possible.

Tl;dr To not make this unnecessarily longer than it must be. I think there are many red flags that might hint that Imu is actually built up as the biggest fraud of the series.
It's clear at this point that Oda absolutely hates and humiliates the CD, he wants to make them look like the most pathetic group of people in fiction history.
I think Imu is going to be the epitome of all of that. Basically an Orochi on steroids.
Since the Gorosei are portrayed completely different as calm, composed, battle experienced old people It's highly likely that they're going to be super OP instead.

Tagging some i have in mind.

Last edited:
This is a thread i actually planned on making in the future when we get more of the character because others myself included have noted that there are many early signs of why Imu is possibly going to end up as the World's greatest fraud. The most pathetic character that Oda will ever draw.

Since there's not really much to go by other than superficial observations it's obviously going to feel like I'm reaching with some parts but i still truly believe that there's a pattern in which Oda creates strong, badass, evil villains.

1.) Imu the pervert
During the reverie Imu was seen holding a picture of Vivi which obviously was indication that he has plans with her. He took her picture with him(going to assume Imu is a he) after ripping the pictures of Luffy, Teach, Shirahoshi apart like a butthurt child. This is clearly implying that she's the next light that Imu intends to extinguish but that's actually were Oda is trying to deceive us again.

Oda keeps on going the path that's the least expected because he's obsessed with it.

- We thought BB goes after the ancient weapons, the Mera Mera or even Mihawk's blade but Oda actually went with Boa's fruit which is just ridiculous. Why would Teach ever give a fuck about Boa's fruit ?
This actually shows that Oda is obsessed with this horny gag of having people simp for beautiful ladies and this trope will continue to be a thing until the last chapter.

- We thought Weevil is safe from being imprisoned because he was just introduced so Oda had him get packed up because nobody would and did expect it. Again the obsession of staying unpredictable.

Which is why I'm heavily assuming that Vivi is captured in the holy land and continously harassed by the pathetic perv Imu that'd actually risk a war because he's a horny fuck.

Now. Oda never gives this trope to a character that he plans to be taken as a serious, menacing, evil villain because it makes the character look ridiculous and pathetic. The only exception to the rule is Blackbeard but he's an exception in more ways than one and i think everyone agrees on that.

- Kuro
- Don Krieg
- Arlong
- Crocodile
- Enel
- Lucci
- Akainu
- Hody
- Doflamingo

The only characters Oda plagues with this garbage are those not meant to be taken seriously or those that are extremely quirky anyways. I think he even said every male is a pervert deep down.

Which character that hides himself in the shadow of a strong person that is also a pervert built like a fodder do we know off that ended up being a massive fraud ?
Shall i help?

Look back at all those guys, has Oda ever portrayed a menacingly powerful entity that's actually not looking like the real deal appearance wise ?

The only character we thought has a shot is Weevil and look how that turned out.

- Imu is hiding his ass in the shadows instead of coming out putting the people of the world in their place and ruling it with an iron fist.

If we look back at major Shounen antagonists, do you associate those with an introvert that's hiding his ass in the basement of a castle for centuries using a joystick to nuke Islands from kilometres away as monsters ?

Surely you do think of the following guys like that.
It's a major red flag that Imu is portrayed as a coward that can't carry out his orders himself but rather hides himself in the safest place of the globe, ordering people around and using a remote control of an OP weapon to destroy targets.

This surely doesn't scream Gigachad energy of Madara taking the alliance alone or Yhwach freeing Aizen off his chair to fuck him up in a fight, no?

Roger actually laughing at the so dark and horrible history of the void century where the evil bad Imu has supposedly slaughtered billions.

Telling ya. The Void century will topple everything that we've seen before in terms of being Goofy. Roger called that shit a funny story. I'm fully expecting Imu to be the biggest loser, weakling, cuck whose wife jumped on the Gigachad Joyboy cause we all know that's how Oda will portray him because Oda just wants to make Imu look as pathetic as possible.

Tl;dr To not make this unnecessarily longer than it must be. I think there are many red flags that might hint that Imu is actually built up as the biggest fraud of the series.
It's clear at this point that Oda absolutely hates and humiliates the CD, he wants to make them look like the most pathetic group of people in fiction history.
I think Imu is going to be the epitome of all of that. Basically an Orochi on steroids.
Since the Gorosei are portrayed completely different as calm, composed, battle experienced old people It's highly likely that they're going to be super OP instead.

:goquad::gotres::gosecon::gouno::saturn:: You're fired.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I generally agree, Imu is not someone who controls the World through overwhelming might, Imu is someone who controls the world through hiding in his basement quietly eliminating anyone he perceives as a threat without anyone knowing he exists. Polar opposite archetype to characters like Kaido or Whitebeard who crushed anyone who opposed their rule through very public displays of might, Imu erases characters who oppose him through covert acts of quiet killing and by altering historical records. This doesn’t exactly scream “strongest character”, lol. If you’re strong, you don’t need to rely on secrecy and underhanded tactics to solidify power.

Now sure, Imu probably controls Uranus so make of that what you will, but in terms purely of his combat ability, he probably doesn’t have much of anything. A character more akin to Shirahoshi than say, the Lordruler from Mistborn or Sauron/Morgoth, Imu does not rule through might and power but through covert acts and secrecy. Imu has the power of an Ancient Weapon like Shirahoshi, but Shirahoshi can’t fight worth shit lol.

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I'm just saying, Imu-sama makes no sense if they're not a fighter. The shady being ruling the world was already filled by the Gorosei, adding someone on top of them adds nothing to the story.
You misspelled Ryokugyu
Man, I like Greenbull too but you guys are getting annoying as shit with the wank today

I just think it is ultimately foolish to bet on the idea that the ultimate leader of the biggest villain organization in a Shonen Manga is gonna be a non-fighter fraud. Especially after the main protagonist literally got a deity buff, the escalation of making Imu a god and or goddess of the sea in a pirate Manga about sailing the ocean is rather obvious in my mind.

Listen, Oda is gonna Oda at the end of the day, if Imu ends up as some Celestial Dragon with extra steps with no combat potential that would not be that huge of a shock either but for now? I would bet on them being the final villain in strength as well as in their importance.

1.) Imu the pervert

- Kuro
- Don Krieg
- Arlong
- Crocodile
- Enel
- Lucci
- Akainu
- Hody
- Doflamingo

Shall i help?

If we look back at major Shounen antagonists, do you associate those with an introvert that's hiding his ass in the basement of a castle for centuries using a joystick to nuke Islands from kilometres away ?

Surely you don't think of the following guys like that.

I think he's indeed the strongest but the keyword to fix all the plot holes to come up with it is when. Maybe finding OP triggers an incident where he/Five Elders' sealed powers are restored without even them knowing about it.

I generally agree, Imu is not someone who controls the World through overwhelming might, Imu is someone who controls the world through hiding in his basement quietly eliminating anyone he perceives as a threat without anyone knowing he exists. Polar opposite archetype to characters like Kaido or Whitebeard who crushed anyone who opposed their rule through very public displays of might, Imu erases characters who oppose him through covert acts of quiet killing and by altering historical records. This doesn’t exactly scream “strongest character”, lol. If you’re strong, you don’t need to rely on secrecy and underhanded tactics to solidify power.

Now sure, Imu probably controls Uranus so make of that what you will, but in terms purely of his combat ability, he probably doesn’t have much of anything. A character more akin to Shirahoshi than say, the Lordruler from Mistborn or Sauron/Morgoth, Imu does not rule through might and power but through covert acts and secrecy. Imu has the power of an Ancient Weapon like Shirahoshi, but Shirahoshi can’t fight worth shit lol.
:goquad::gotres::gosecon::gouno::saturn::
Anyone who doubts Imu-sama is fired from the Admiral fandom.