Future Events Interesting Find about Luffy's last Crewmate and Rivals.

Who is the Rival that gives his Right hand man to Luffy

• Blackbeard

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Kid

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Law

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Big Mom

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Kaido

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Weevil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shanks

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
One common theme among the Great Pirates is they invite the right hand man of their rival crew. And interestingly this happens after their crew is complete.
We have seen three such attempts in One Piece.

First, When Shanks visits Whitebeard, he invited Marco, Whitebeard's Right hand

Second, when Big Mom meets Kaido, She invited King.

These two attempts were unsuccessful, but the third attempt was successful. Roger Successfully Scouted Oden, the right hand man of Whitebeard at that time, when they met.

This shows things
1. Pirate King charisma is greater than that of Yonko, so much that they can scout Rival Pirate Crew's right hand
2. Since Luffy parallels Roger in charisma a, Last nakama of Luffy is the one that Luffy scouts from his rival crew.
3. This happens after Luffy's crew is complete and he becomes a Great Pirate.

Do, who do you think is the person that Luffy scouts into his crew? Coincidentally, "Scout" is a vacant position in the Straw hat crew.

This is a bit farfetched imo, Shanks was pretty much joking with Marco, that was used by Oda just to underline Marco value and that Shanks didn't fear WB if his haki and later clash were not enough, BM was serious but all that again was to give some hype, or better aura of mystery, to King. About the last one it suceeded cause Oda needed it for the plot also even if Oden at that point was maybe the strongest in WB crew he was still some sort of a guest, temporary crew member who can leave when he wants, a sort of Vivi or even lesser ones like Momo, Kinemon, Law in a way etc. So that for me is not a trend by Oda.

Anyway if I have to say a name that is Kata, he 99.9% sure will never be not even a temporary SH yet he is less farfecthed than the other right hands, also if he does so it is by his choice not by Luffy asking to BM (not to mention he will most likely lead the BM pirates, so his brothers and sisters, after BM and that is his "dream", protect his siblings).

Last edited:
personally i think it won't happen but only possible Person is Kata for Me (he Respect Luffy and Luffy respect him)
He will probably become an ally but not the new Whitebeard in my opinion. The parallel is nice but saying that he is the new WB is a stretch cause Katakuri will never be able to match PK Luffy on equal ground like WB did with Roger.

In every case it shall be an unique relationship. :)

One common theme among the Great Pirates is they invite the right hand man of their rival crew. And interestingly this happens after their crew is complete.
We have seen three such attempts in One Piece.

First, When Shanks visits Whitebeard, he invited Marco, Whitebeard's Right hand

Second, when Big Mom meets Kaido, She invited King.

These two attempts were unsuccessful, but the third attempt was successful. Roger Successfully Scouted Oden, the right hand man of Whitebeard at that time, when they met.

This shows things
1. Pirate King charisma is greater than that of Yonko, so much that they can scout Rival Pirate Crew's right hand
2. Since Luffy parallels Roger in charisma a, Last nakama of Luffy is the one that Luffy scouts from his rival crew.
3. This happens after Luffy's crew is complete and he becomes a Great Pirate.

Do, who do you think is the person that Luffy scouts into his crew? Coincidentally, "Scout" is a vacant position in the Straw hat crew.
it this ever happen .... I think Ben .... cause his intelligent and knowledge might be useful for Luffy and his final journey

which is highly unlikely on it's own ....

but I can't see Luffy asking anyone to join his crew like that ... this late on the story

He will probably become an ally but not the new Whitebeard in my opinion. The parallel is nice but saying that he is the new WB is a stretch cause Katakuri will never be able to match PK Luffy on equal ground like WB did with Roger.

In every case it shall be an unique relationship. :)
it was about Who is the Rival that gives his Right hand man to Luffy i think only kata is possible to join (low possibility) and personally i don't think luffy will have any WB