Character Discussion Interesting info: Chinjao "competed" against Roger and Garp the same way as Mihawk "competed" against Shanks according to DB.

And guess what? Mihawk ended up being Yonko Level regardless, nay, he actively spat on the Yonko title :milaugh:
Wow, great dub really:milaugh:
Ok. I don't care about the agenda. Thinking that Shanks was a Yonko during the time of 1st chapter was dumb as fuck, since no one recognizing a Yonko Is Just absurd. He was Just a normal pirate captain, it's kinda absurd that you could really believe he was a Yonko.
That's the whole point.
Stop thinking that is Always a Mihawk vs Shanks thing.
Someone believing Shanks wasn't a Yonko in 1 chapter was a normal Reader not someone trying to downplay Mihawk by saying Shanks wasn't a Yonko during that time.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
His bounty was really low this Is true. Kinda disappointing Oda with bounties. He should have had at least 1 bilion+ bounty but Oda probably wanted to not use this yet.
Chinjao isn't getting a bounty raise anymore lmao.
It just shows that your "ruthless competition" did not exist during their primes, which is clearly shown again when Garp literally deforms Chinjao's head after a single clash.

Ok. I don't care about the agenda. Thinking that Shanks was a Yonko during the time of 1st chapter was dumb as fuck, since no one recognizing a Yonko Is Just absurd. He was Just a normal pirate captain, it's kinda absurd that you could really believe he was a Yonko.
That's the whole point.
Stop thinking that is Always a Mihawk vs Shanks thing.
Someone believing Shanks wasn't a Yonko in 1 chapter was a normal Reader not someone trying to downplay Mihawk by saying Shanks wasn't a Yonko during that time.
sure sure as if the people argued for that thesis for story's sake and not as an attempt to downplay Mihawk. Don't be hypocrite :milaugh:

sure sure, as if the people argued for that thesis for story's sake and not as an attempt to downplay Mihawk.
I mean, you can argue about It for both.
What made me believe he wasn't a Yonko during that time was the story but of course I used It for Mihawk because I found really inconsistent what Shanks could be a Yonko during that time.
Now Mihawk could have become a Yonko too? Happy for the guy, at least now you have credible proofs for your agenda, before that chapter I found the arguments weak, he didn't really shine at Marineford.

I mean, you can argue about It for both.
What made me believe he wasn't a Yonko during that time was the story but of course I used It for Mihawk because I found really inconsistent what Shanks could be a Yonko during that time.
Now Mihawk could have become a Yonko too? Happy for the guy, at least now you have credible proofs for your agenda, before that chapter I found the arguments weak, he didn't really shine at Marineford.
Use your head for once, why would whitebeard (wsm) gassed up their fight if they were no were near their prime?
:endthis:

Use your head for once, why would whitebeard (wsm) gassed up their fight if they were no were near their prime?
:endthis:
I mean actually Shanks was not known during that time.
I don't think both were at prime, maybe Mihawk actually reached his prime sooner as he's older and was already a famous swordsman during that time.
This according to Ace's novel.

Maybe Shanks got stronger after he lost his arm
:milaugh:
He probably got stronger but he is not as strong as he would be with an arm.

Doesn't change that Shanks probably reached his current prime After Mihawk, since Mihawk Is older and was also already a famous swordsman according to Vivrecards and Ace's novel before Roger died, while Shanks was not that known.