General & Others Is anyone here not scared of more people rivaling/surpassing Zoro and Sanji in strength?

Jozu is clearly stronger than doffy, doffy got one shotted by king kong gun, Jozu tanked an attack from mihawk head on

I'm not even offended, I just find it dumb that people overreact over an injury, it's just a bone fracture, sanji still had the upper hand, I'm just amazed by how stupid the headcanons surrounding that leg crack is

Sanji was damaged before the fight and fought a fresh vergo, managed to overpower him in a direct clash and even blitzed him

He didn't lose and he didn't win but he clearly wasn't weaker

During wci he didn't get humiliated, at the very beginning of the arc it was straight up stated that sanji is stronger by a large margin than his siblings, the "majority of fans" isn't on this forum lmao, most fans are capable of properly reading a story and aren't obsessed with downplaying a character because he's always put on par with their fav and they feel like it takes away from uniqueness

As for Fishmen island I agree, it was a bad arc anyways

If sanji started the fight with his power up he would've won way too easily

You're kind of forgetting that pre power up he literally died when fighting queen, healing a crushed body definitely took away most of his stamina

Sanji post exoskeleton would be able to get the fight against queen over with in a couple of minutes

He could just go full invisible with his speed, and land an ifrit jambe combo on him

I appreciate sanji the way he is, a flawed character that overcomes his mental struggles instead of physical ones in order to get stronger

But your interpretation of sanji's character is just wrong

He is undeniably on zoro's level despite being slightly weaker, no matter how you look at it, oda clearly wrote it to be that way

And he doesn't constantly loses or gets humiliated like you make it seem

Half your statements are correct, sanji doesn't win as much fights as zoro or luffy

The other half of your statements are absolute bullshit because you straight up think that sanji is constantly trashed on or humiliated and that his portrayal is limited to hyping up other characters, which is plainly wrong
Post automatically merged:

:seriously: he didn't give haki to Robin to highlight the M3 dynamic , which is still ridiculously dumb to this day considering the fact that she was with the revolutionaries

:milaugh::milaugh:

This is what happens when you don't read the fricking Manga

And I don't get the "reflected on his fanbase" saying he didn't get shit on as much as you try to make it seem is what's canon

He was defeated by doffy because of doffy's broken ability that he wasn't aware of that could even one shot a commander that wasn't aware of it

And he was dominating the fight with vergo

The only thing reflected on the fanbase is how stupid and stubborn some people are willing to be when it comes to downplaying a character for the shittiest reasons

He:

Blitzed oven

Dodged an attack from katakuri

One shotted wadasumi who tanked jimbei's strongest attack

Off screened yonji and daifuku

No diffed sheepshed

Was called a strong fighter by doflamingo

And many other things that I'm too tired to mention

Just because you can't read doesn't mean that your headcanon is even remotely close canon
I'm referring to the "goodness" or "feats" or "glories" that Sanji received post TS. He has some, but Oda never emphasize on it.

Just like how he stopped the Maxim for awhile, Oda didnt put it on a double page glory. His nothing happened by Enel's attack got underplayed and people only remember Zoro's Kuma nothing happened.

Again, he closed the Gate of Justice is something very crucial and awesome, yet it got underplayed again by Oda. It doesnt get big page, or a lot of praises, or even a mention later on.

PreTS Sanji despite the canon underplay, still looks awesome because he is a cool james bond.

PostTS, Sanji's great glory is lacking. This is what makes Sanji gets more hate and shat on by a lot of OP fans. Whereas in comparison, Luffy and Zoro gets cool panels and portrayal. Fans didnt shit on Sanji just because theyre Zoro fans, but because postTS Sanji doesnt look good.

Of course, I can be biased because my experience is only on Arlong Park, Mangatraders (late 2000s early 2010s), Oro Jackson, Animesuki (mid 2010s till now), Mangahelpers & WorstGen (current). But the fact that there is much more Sanji hate & more people shit on him does happen in these communities.

I'm referring to the "goodness" or "feats" or "glories" that Sanji received post TS. He has some, but Oda never emphasize on it.

Just like how he stopped the Maxim for awhile, Oda didnt put it on a double page glory. His nothing happened by Enel's attack got underplayed and people only remember Zoro's Kuma nothing happened.

Again, he closed the Gate of Justice is something very crucial and awesome, yet it got underplayed again by Oda. It doesnt get big page, or a lot of praises, or even a mention later on.

PreTS Sanji despite the canon underplay, still looks awesome because he is a cool james bond.

PostTS, Sanji's great glory is lacking. This is what makes Sanji gets more hate and shat on by a lot of OP fans. Whereas in comparison, Luffy and Zoro gets cool panels and portrayal. Fans didnt shit on Sanji just because theyre Zoro fans, but because postTS Sanji doesnt look good.

Of course, I can be biased because my experience is only on Arlong Park, Mangatraders (late 2000s early 2010s), Oro Jackson, Animesuki (mid 2010s till now), Mangahelpers & WorstGen (current). But the fact that there is much more Sanji hate & more people shit on him does happen in these communities.
Oda emphasized on them

Having katakuri, the most stoic character in the whole series and who didn't show any sign of panic against luffy for the most part, completely shocked by sanji's speed is a clear sign that he wanted to highlight sanji's strength

Same goes for doffy who openly called smoker weak and said that luffy gatling gun in gear 2nd lacked weight, but stated that sanji's attacks were powerful

Sanji opening the gates had a big page wdym? The ship crashing onto each other was extremely impressive, it's a big brain moment like against Enel was oda supposed to draw a double spread of sanji kicking down a lever ? Lmao, oda drew the consequences of sanji's actions and they were all game changing

And many people remember the "I needed a light moment"

Just because it's not talked about on a couple of forums doesn't mean it's not remembered

On YouTube and tik tok videos about it have millions of views, the sanji hate happens on really specific forums

Post ts sanji looks decent, he didn't have a massive fight until the queen, but he didn't get completely trashed on either powerscaling wise and he shined as a character

I had a bad premonition back in the day, when every SH got sent to places where they can comfortably "level up", only Sanji had to deal with things he doesnt like...
Since then, the super spy is no more...

Good thing he is still vital in the overall narrative. Saving Kinemon, flipping Viola, stalling BM, and recently rescuing Momo.

If only more fans realizes his true worth outside of combat...

What's sad is it shows people can't be patient either.

"Waaaah Jinbe joined he's a danger to Sanji!!!"
"Waaaah Yamato had a better handle on CoC than Zoro right now she's a danger to Zoro!!!"

Then both had their fights and completely showed why they will always be Luffy's #2 and #3.

Even conquerors isn't an indication of "power". Yamato has a ton of things going for her, Conquerors, Ogre, Mythical Zoan. But she was being overwhelmed by Kaido until Luffy came along. As an Ogre and combined with her power, she has innately high defense like Kaido, but nothing has propelled her above Sanji or Zoro at this point anyway if she joins.
She's above them and won't join

Luffy

Zoro
Sanji
Jinbei

Rest

She's above them and won't join

Luffy

Zoro
Sanji
Jinbei

Rest
Idk i disagree. She gets insane focus as a character during this raid, has made no less than like 5-6 open proclamations to going out to sea with Luffy and has had a portion of her flashback shown (which has not been full elaborated on).

I don't agree that she's higher than Zoro/Sanji. She fought a losing battle against Kaido, and it was clear that even with her ice armor, she lost that clash with him. Is she tanky as hell cause of her power and being and ogre? Yes. Is she probably tankier than most of the crew including Zoro/Sanji and maybe even Luffy? Sure. Is she actually stronger than what we've seen in 1034/1035? I dont agree with that, especially not Zoro's portrayal.

I can see her being right after Sanji and above Jinbe as a result.

No one should be scared of the high Grandmaster getting surpassed, a true Zoro fan should now how unlikely that is in EoS that it becomes a problem :finally: