Powers & Abilities Is Armament Haki needed to turn a sword black?

Is Armament Haki needed to turn a sword black?

• Total voters
Are you sure that it is the Armament Haki? Maybe it could be Conqueror Haki...
Take a look to this theory and come back to vote and discuss!

I think it's a different perspective to what the fandom is currently believing.
Actually the key point is that Armament Haki is common, but Black Blades aren't. And why is Zoro still confused about black blades if it only involves Armament Haki that he knows very well?
The answer could be that to make black blades he needs CoC in order to exert his will at fully extent over the blades

Actually the key point is that Armament Haki is common, but Black Blades aren't. And why is Zoro still confused about black blades if it only involves Armament Haki that he knows very well?
The answer could be that to make black blades he needs CoC in order to exert his will at fully extent over the blades
The problem with this theory is that it was made before the Enma chapter....

Hitetsu after having watched Zoro for a few days says "You have the potential to make this a black blade"... So unless Zoro used CoC off screen, the only thing Hitetsu witnessed was Zoro using armament haki

Unless you are gonna say him taming Enma required CoC which we don't know about, the only thing Zoro did to prompt Hitetsu to say Zoro could turn the blade black was armament haki

M

MD Zolo

There was this moment when Zoro glared at Enma and then took back his haki. May be Hitetsu saw that.

There was this moment when Zoro glared at Enma and then took back his haki. May be Hitetsu saw that.
I mean sure but this is so vague that it's on the levels of like people who say Sanji has armament hardening when they find some tiny squiggly line where Oda just happens to have shaded black since its so small

Like until Zoro like pacifies an animal or knocks someone out, then such tiny panels of vague things are just reaching

As far as we can tell, no one can just sense a person has CoC before that very person himself realises it and since Zoro knows what CoC I think it will have to be a bigger deal if he ever confirms that he can use it

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Lol this will kill red admiral. It was bad enough he had to concede mihawks coa > shanks...

Nice theory.

The theory is interesting but get disprove by Oden’s existence. Oden had CoC but was unable to turn his sword black.

Now, the whole part with the link between CoC and taming a sword might explain why Zoro is the only one after Oden to have been able to tame Enma. We can then further speculated that turning your blade black requires a very high level of CoA and a certain level of CoC

The theory is interesting but get disprove by Oden’s existence. Oden had CoC but was unable to turn his sword black.

Now, the whole part with the link between CoC and taming a sword might explain why Zoro is the only one after Oden to have been able to tame Enma. We can then further speculated that turning your blade black requires a very high level of CoA and a certain level of CoC
But Oden had also CoA and still didn't turn the blade black, if it has to do only with CoA.
CoC itself isn't enough, one needs to fully exert his will on the sword. We can assume that Oden wasn't able to do that and in the whole history only Ryuma and Mihawk were able to do it.

We don't even know if a person can make it in the spam of a lifetime.
I mean, Ryuma made Shusui black but there is no guarantee that he was the first swordsman to wield it.
Then we have Enma that was wielded throughout Oden's life that Zoro can turn black when he's older likely.

M

MD Zolo

If it's not then what will be presented at this 950+chapters.
:noo:
Huh! You need to read the link I think.

We don't even know if a person can make it in the spam of a lifetime.
I mean, Ryuma made Shusui black but there is no guarantee that he was the first swordsman to wield it.
Then we have Enma that was wielded throughout Oden's life that Zoro can turn black when he's older likely.
By that logic any sword that gets passed down to newer generation could ultimately become a black blade. More plausibly, there is some key ingredients missing in Oden.

If forcing the swordsman's will over that of the sword is a key ingredient, it can explain why serious Haki masters like Shanks or Roger doesn't have black blades, because they never tried it like that.

But this doesn't mean that I exactly agree with this theory. Gyukimaru said that it took many battles before the sword turned black. So, there is more to it than forcing the swordsman's will over will of the sword.

Mihawk said every blade can become a black blade, and that Zoro should thus master CoA. So CoA is definitely one of the main abilities needed. Apart from that, I guess it's some swordsman-spirit related thing. Dunno.

Up!

Glad that I picked up to believe to the correct theory