Is Beserk worth to start reading?

I never read the Beserk Manga, but I saw the First Anime Movie of the Golden Age series.

The Movie was very very good, I really enjoyed it.

So do you people recommend reading Beserk ?

Is the hype real ?

B

Ballel

I never read the Beserk Manga, but I saw the First Anime Movie of the Golden Age series.

The Movie was very very good, I really enjoyed it.

So do you people recommend reading Beserk ?

Is the hype real ?
Yes!
It's very good but you should know that there are VERY heavy scenes. The tone of the manga is dark, disturbing, it's like a nightmare in story form.
I haven't touched it in a year because it became too much for me but I'll eventually pick it up again.

Yes!
It's very good but you should know that there are VERY heavy scenes. The tone of the manga is dark, disturbing, it's like a nightmare in story form.
I haven't touched it in a year because it became too much for me but I'll eventually pick it up again.
I have no problem with dark and brutal stuff. I kinda enjoy it as a balance tool to comedy and funny stuff haha.

ALI!

Stand on the edge of your dream and fight
I disliked reading manga, honestly a part of me still thinks why would a grown up 25 years old dude read black and white drawings with texts? I was hardly tolerating anime just because I can watch while I'm eating.

A close friend of mine recommened I start reading berserk, that was back in 2017, so I did, it completely changed my mind about reading manga to the point I'm still following the series until now.

be warned though, you will feel pain when you reach the "waiting point" for the next chapter to drop.