Questions & Mysteries Is Blackbeard A Neckbeard? Exploring The Duality Of Man In One Piece

Is Blackbeard A Neckbeard?

• Total voters
I can’t believe there hasn’t been a thread made about this yet. This is going to upset a lot of my friends who are Blackbeard fans, but this is honestly one of the most important One Piece discussions worth having in 2021. In this thread, I will take it upon myself to define the term “neckbeard” and explain in detail why Blackbeard is indeed one.

Let us begin. What is a neckbeard you might ask? Allow me to provide a simple definition:

Neckbeard’s can usually be identified using a few key indicators:
1. The neckbeard is extremely unattractive, and has difficulty finding sexual partners while simultaneously feeling entitled to sexual attention from many partners
2. The neckbeard wears extremely expensive clothing to over-compensate for deep-seeded feelings of self-loathing
3. And of course, the neckbeard’s facial hair, a sign of extreme masculinity, is disgusting an unkempt, often serving as a “mate repellant”

Let’s take a closer look at Blackbeard to see if he fits this definition.

General Appearance

The first thing that stands out about Blackbeard is his extreme obesity. Blackbeard clearly does not make any attempt to maintain a desirable physique, not appearing to care about whether or not he can attract any mates. A quick visit to bodybuilding.com would be all it took for Blackbeard to find a workout plan to achieve his desired fitness goals, but instead all we see is a giant mass of lethargy and laziness.

Let’s contrast this with another character in the series:

Akainu’s flexing potential is undeniable, maintaining a jacked but simultaneously athletic physique. Akainu is not an overly muscular vomit-inducing egolifter who skips leg day like Kaido, nor is he too skinny like Aokiji or Kizaru. His physique strikes the perfect blend between size and athleticism.

Now let’s take a look at each character’s facial hair. I have painstakingly undergone the process of turning images of both Blackbeard and Akainu into 4K UHD high-resolution profile shots. Here are the results:

Blackbeard:

Akainu:

Immediately we notice fundamental differences in the facial grooming standards of each character. Blackbeard’s beard non-consensually invades his neck like an outbreak of coronavirus upon the population of the United States, while Sakazuki’s neck glows with a glistening sheen from lack of beard hair.

Already, in the most important part of this analysis, it’s not looking good for Marshall D. Teach. Let’s look at Blackbeard’s post timeskip appearance in detail:

The absolute worst aspects of Blackbeard’s character design are accentuated in the New World. His disgusting, unkempt beard has gotten longer and dirtier, his morbid obesity runs even more rampant, and his over-compensatory clothing has become even more extravagant.

But being a neckbeard isn’t simply in the appearance or the beard, being a neckbeard is also a state of mind. This brings us to part 2 of this analysis:

Sense of Entitlement and Interactions with the Opposite Sex

In my incredibly lengthy and intricate research, I noticed that Blackbeard has an extreme sense of entitlement. This extends beyond his interactions with women and bleeds into his view upon the world and his role within:

Blackbeard fundamentally believes that he is entitled to anything he wants in life, without ever having don’t anything to earn the things that he desires. It wasn’t enough for him to eat just one Devil Fruit, he had to eat two to overcompensate. Just look at his interaction with Jewelry Bonney:

Blackbeard believes that he is entitled to affection from Jewelry Bonney simply because he was able to capture her. This incredibly masochistic attitude stands in stark contrast to Sakazuki:

Who goes out of his way to chivalrously rescue Jewelry Bonney from Blackbeard’s disgusting clutches.

Let’s look at Blackbeard again after the timeskip:

Notice the way that Teach surrounds himself with drunk women, further highlighting his extremely misogynistic attitudes towards women and his own sense of entitlement. Let us contrast this extremely backwards attitude with that of a separate expertly groomed beard in the series in Dracule Mihawk:

Now, we’re not going to spend time analyzing how, like Sakazuki, Mihawk impeccably maintains his beard so that it does not descend into the nether realm. That topic has been discussed to death at this point in other threads, and I don’t think I have much to add to that conversation. What we are going to discuss, is how in one panel, Mihawk demonstrates a forward-thinking, pro-feminist attitude that puts Blackbeard’s to shame:
1. Mihawk cooks more meals than Perona, showing that he does not believe that a woman’s place is in the kitchen, but instead that Perona should be finding her dreams. Blackbeard thinks women should be in chains unless they do sexual favors for him.
2. Mihawk lets Perona live in his house rent free, while Blackbeard only lets women be in his crew if he can derive sexual value from them.
3. When Perona is ready to go free and find her own dreams, Mihawk is honestly incredibly happy to see her begin her search for self-fulfillment. Blackbeard thinks a woman’s place is drunk in his lap.

It’s no wonder Perona thanks Mihawk for his kindness while Bonney kicks Blackbeard in the face for his cruelty.

It’s already plainly obvious just from this very brief analysis that Blackbeard checks off all aspects of neckbeard-hood even from this incredibly brief analysis.

Conclusion

Blackbeard may be the strongest Pirate ever, but he is also a complete neckbeard who’s extravagant clothing and self-entitled attitude masks a deeply ingrained sense of worthlessness strong enough to keep him up and crying all night long.

You’re welcome.

@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Light D Lamperouge @ZenZu @mad monk @Erkan12 @HA001 @TheAncientCenturion @Jiihad @Mr. Anderson @Den_Den_Mushi @dizzy2341 @minamoto @Jew D. Boy @solis @Artorias @Celestial D. Dragon @Cuistot @Shepherd @TheKnightOfTheSea @Xione @Seth @ShishioIsBack @Chrono @Bogard @Van @Topi Jerami @RayanOO @nik87 @Kejon @Kromage911 @kom5 @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @VersusPhD @JazzMazz etc etc etc

It's a painful truth though.

But make no mistake, it wouldn't even come close of stopping me from continuing the wank.

lmao wtf are you even talking about
He says he sexually prefers Akainu, not Blackbeard and the reason why he wanks Akainu is because of the shape of Akainu's body? Did I understand right Lee? :vistalaugh::gokulaugh:

Akainu’s flexing potential is undeniable, maintaining a jacked but simultaneously athletic physique.
This thread is a pearl, it actually explains why Lee wanks Akainu with all these illogical arguments, it's all because Lee wants Akainu's body. :milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

I can’t believe there hasn’t been a thread made about this yet. This is going to upset a lot of my friends who are Blackbeard fans, but this is honestly one of the most important One Piece discussions worth having in 2021. In this thread, I will take it upon myself to define the term “neckbeard” and explain in detail why Blackbeard is indeed one.

Let us begin. What is a neckbeard you might ask? Allow me to provide a simple definition:

Neckbeard’s can usually be identified using a few key indicators:
1. The neckbeard is extremely unattractive, and has difficulty finding sexual partners while simultaneously feeling entitled to sexual attention from many partners
2. The neckbeard wears extremely expensive clothing to over-compensate for deep-seeded feelings of self-loathing
3. And of course, the neckbeard’s facial hair, a sign of extreme masculinity, is disgusting an unkempt, often serving as a “mate repellant”

Let’s take a closer look at Blackbeard to see if he fits this definition.

General Appearance

The first thing that stands out about Blackbeard is his extreme obesity. Blackbeard clearly does not make any attempt to maintain a desirable physique, not appearing to care about whether or not he can attract any mates. A quick visit to bodybuilding.com would be all it took for Blackbeard to find a workout plan to achieve his desired fitness goals, but instead all we see is a giant mass of lethargy and laziness.

Akainu’s flexing potential is undeniable, maintaining a jacked but simultaneously athletic physique. Akainu is not an overly muscular vomit-inducing egolifter who skips leg day like Kaido, nor is he too skinny like Aokiji or Kizaru. His physique strikes the perfect blend between size and athleticism.

Now let’s take a look at each character’s facial hair. I have painstakingly undergone the process of turning images of both Blackbeard and Akainu into 4K UHD high-resolution profile shots. Here are the results:

Blackbeard:

Akainu:

Immediately we notice fundamental differences in the facial grooming standards of each character. Blackbeard’s beard non-consensually invades his neck like an outbreak of coronavirus upon the population of the United States, while Sakazuki’s neck glows with a glistening sheen from lack of beard hair.

Already, in the most important part of this analysis, it’s not looking good for Marshall D. Teach. Let’s look at Blackbeard’s post timeskip appearance in detail:

The absolute worst aspects of Blackbeard’s character design are accentuated in the New World. His disgusting, unkempt beard has gotten longer and dirtier, his morbid obesity runs even more rampant, and his over-compensatory clothing has become even more extravagant.

But being a neckbeard isn’t simply in the appearance or the beard, being a neckbeard is also a state of mind. This brings us to part 2 of this analysis:

Sense of Entitlement and Interactions with the Opposite Sex

In my incredibly lengthy and intricate research, I noticed that Blackbeard has an extreme sense of entitlement. This extends beyond his interactions with women and bleeds into his view upon the world and his role within:

Blackbeard fundamentally believes that he is entitled to anything he wants in life, without ever having don’t anything to earn the things that he desires. It wasn’t enough for him to eat just one Devil Fruit, he had to eat two to overcompensate. Just look at his interaction with Jewelry Bonney:

Blackbeard believes that he is entitled to affection from Jewelry Bonney simply because he was able to capture her. This incredibly masochistic attitude stands in stark contrast to Sakazuki:

Who goes out of his way to chivalrously rescue Jewelry Bonney from Blackbeard’s disgusting clutches.

Let’s look at Blackbeard again after the timeskip:

Notice the way that Teach surrounds himself with drunk women, further highlighting his extremely misogynistic attitudes towards women and his own sense of entitlement. Let us contrast this extremely backwards attitude with that of a separate expertly groomed beard in the series in Dracule Mihawk:

Now, we’re not going to spend time analyzing how, like Sakazuki, Mihawk impeccably maintains his beard so that it does not descend into the nether realm. That topic has been discussed to death at this point in other threads, and I don’t think I have much to add to that conversation. What we are going to discuss, is how in one panel, Mihawk demonstrates a forward-thinking, pro-feminist attitude that puts Blackbeard’s to shame:
1. Mihawk cooks more meals than Perona, showing that he does not believe that a woman’s place is in the kitchen, but instead that Perona should be finding her dreams. Blackbeard thinks women should be in chains unless they do sexual favors for him.
2. Mihawk lets Perona live in his house rent free, while Blackbeard only lets women be in his crew if he can derive sexual value from them.
3. When Perona is ready to go free and find her own dreams, Mihawk is honestly incredibly happy to see her begin her search for self-fulfillment. Blackbeard thinks a woman’s place is drunk in his lap.

It’s no wonder Perona thanks Mihawk for his kindness while Bonney kicks Blackbeard in the face for his cruelty.

It’s already plainly obvious just from this very brief analysis that Blackbeard checks off all aspects of neckbeard-hood even from this incredibly brief analysis.

Conclusion

Blackbeard may be the strongest Pirate ever, but he is also a complete neckbeard who’s extravagant clothing and self-entitled attitude masks a deeply ingrained sense of worthlessness strong enough to keep him up and crying all night long.

You’re welcome.

@Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Light D Lamperouge @ZenZu @mad monk @Erkan12 @HA001 @TheAncientCenturion @Jiihad @Mr. Anderson @Den_Den_Mushi @dizzy2341 @minamoto @Jew D. Boy @solis @Artorias @Celestial D. Dragon @Cuistot @Shepherd @TheKnightOfTheSea @Xione @Seth @ShishioIsBack @Chrono @Bogard @Van @Topi Jerami @RayanOO @nik87 @Kejon @Kromage911 @kom5 @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @VersusPhD @JazzMazz etc etc etc
I mean he looks like a neck beard but one very important distinction would be that neck beards usually have no ambition, they are lazy as fuck. Where as Blackbeard is one of the most ambitious people in One Piece and honest he doesn't just day dream, more than anyone else he has made his ambitions come true :)

For a pirate he isn't really a neck beard tbh, If you want a true neck beard look at Sanji or spandam.
Post automatically merged:

lmfao

Why are the top pirates in this show some of most repulsive mofos i've seen in all manga ?
Uh Rayleigh?
Even Shanks before he lost his arm

T

Tyronejenkins

Gotta say that grooming is definitely not one of Shanks’s positive attributes; man walks around in pajama pants, shirt hanging open and likely stained with booze, leg hair overgrown to the point you can actually see it. But what can you expect when some characters canonically shower only once or twice a week and mysteriously no one comments on what should be their unbearable stench. Oda does not place any kind of emphasis on grooming in this series.
Blackbeards a sigma male who cares not for appearance, stench, or whatever. He's all about that grind which is gonna make him PK.

The time of the wellgrommed and muscular chads is over, nows the time for the stinky neckbeards of the world to take over and there's nothing any of you can do about it.

Blackbeard is a desired successful alpha male in pirate world not a beta neckbeard @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung

Blackbeards a sigma male who cares not for appearance, stench, or whatever. He's all about that grind which is gonna make him PK
Believe it or not you won't be very successful in many professional careers if you look like blackbeards I mean neckbeards.

How many smelly neckbeards have you seen in managerial position? How many CTOs? Your look and how you groom represents public image you give out.

I agree. The other top pirates as of now, are like you said mostly repulsive.
Zoro??

Last edited:
Just like Griffith did nothing wrong, misogynists also did nothing wrong. Just like how women have the rights to be empowered all they want, being submissive to a neckbeard is also women's rights, and who are men to forbid women from submitting to men's cravings :suresure:

B

Ballel

Just like Griffith did nothing wrong, misogynists also did nothing wrong. Just like how women have the rights to be empowered all they want, being submissive to a neckbeard is also women's rights, and who are men to forbid women from submitting to men's cravings :suresure:
Excellent bait post