Questions & Mysteries Is Cobra a D by Blood?

Whom is the actual descendant of Lili

• Cobra

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Titi

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In Chapter 1085 it was revealed that the monarch whom represented the Nefertari family, within the group that would be later known as the World Government, was named Nefertari D. Lili.

Interestingly enough, her name follows a pattern of a consonant followed by the letter i, twice. This is shared with two other female members of the Nefertari family: Vivi and Titi (Vivi's mother).

Now, putting them in order of lineage we notice another pattern. They are actually in alphabetical order.

Lili → Titi → Vivi

This can lead anyone to conclude that this is actually a naming pattern passed down through the females of the Nerfertari family. Meaning that the first female of the Nefertari family probably carried the name Bibi, then named her child Cici and the cycle continued until Vivi (note that vowels are ignored as then Vivi would be called Uiui, but that isn't the case).

Bibi → Cici → ... → Lili → ... → Titi → Vivi

However, if this were the case then that means that the actual descendant of Lili is Titi, and Cobra actually married into the Nefertari family. Which causes confusion with how he phrased the big reveal of Chapter 1085 when saying "Tell them WE share the moniker of D."

Leaving a fee options:
a) Cobra is not a D. or part of the Nefertari bloodline but rather married into the family through Titi and inherited it in the same way that Sabo is also Sa D. Bo.*

b) Both Cobra and Titi are D by blood and thus are actually related (brothers, cousins, etc)

c) Cobra is a D. and part of the Nefertari bloodline, but Titi is not and just happens to have a name that falls in line with the pattern.

*I know the Sa D. Bo thing was shown as a joke in the chapter but I think that's only at face value. I think Oda actually uses it as foreshadowing to indicate that people whom have the D. aren't necessarily blood related and can carry on the will of the Ancient Kingdom through not only blood, but also the sharing of similar personalities and goals as their citizens.

It's not the Sa D. Bo that foreshadows it, but the Nefertari D. Lily which confirms it.

Imu knew everything about the D., but he didn't know which side Lily was really on 800 years ago until he learnt the letter was signed Nefertari "D." Lily, implying she was not a D. "descendant" but someone who chose to sign the letter as such.