Character Discussion Is Eustass "Captain" Kidd the biggest Chad in One Piece?

The fact kid is fighting big mom without any prior training is nothing less than a Plot Armor that is bigger than Luffy who actually trained lol

Oh, Interesting? What's so interesting about saying "I am gonna kill kaido" or "I need to at least defeat one yonkou" his dialogues throughout the wano arc are so reptitive that you think he doesn't know anything else.

Smarter than Luffy? Lmao, don't make me laugh, he couldn't even follow a basic plan or play it safe in yonkou territory despite getting destroyed once by Yonkou. So if not for Luffy and others he would be fucking dead.

There is nothing interesting about Killing civilians and having a pirate king dream.

This post is nothing more than your Luffy hate agenda that you guys can't live without.
Luffy isn't even stated by the OP if I'm correct its a Kid appreciation thread anyway and that what matters

as for his repetitive dialog makes him who he is... facing a Yonko after constant failures and gains with one less arm and hasn't yet wavered..truly he isn't Luffy who seeks one piece Kid seeks fame and power and what drives him is unknown but it drives him enough to face stare death down since the time skip fleeing and coming back to the stared down.

ambitions matter and Kid has those his pirate life is crucial to him you can't compare it to Luffy's and belittle Kid's ambitions, kid isn't fated to be this big monolith of hope for the world.. KID and many other characters in one piece put their dreams to level you can't comprehend what it means to them.. but looking at their drive and their history of failures you know they wield an Iron will.. and anyone who has that quality doesn't need to out do the MC to shine ... just achieving their dream no matter how miniscule it is makes them Men among men and King among kings..

WB is your example and a prime example for that fact.

N

Noctis

Luffy isn't even stated by the OP if I'm correct its a Kid appreciation thread anyway and that what matters
But his character is much more interesting than Luffy's and he's not an idiot like him
I am triggered.

ambitions matter and Kid has those his pirate life is crucial to him you can't compare it to Luffy's and belittle Kid's ambitions, kid isn't fated to be this big monolith of hope for the world.. KID and many other characters in one piece put their dreams to level you can't comprehend what it means to them.. but looking at their drive and their history of failures you know they wield an Iron will.. and anyone who has that quality doesn't need to be out do the MC.. just achieving their dream no matter how miniscule it is makes them Men among men and King among kings..
No, having ambition is good and all but Kid has nothing going on for him except his design and ambition which is nothing hard to mention at face value. His dialgoues are so basic and generic that you think Oda is not bothering to write him down properly. When he writes Law i feel like Oda actually trying to show some effort but for kid "I am gonna kill Kiado" "I am gonna kill this" "I am gonna kill that"

No, that's not how a interesting character behaves. Hell he has yet to show any feat even intelligence wise that put him above Luffy, despite knowing the difference between Yonkou and his own crew he declined Luffy offer to form an alliance and said he will kill Luffy if he comes in his way where Luffy actually ready to make allies, not to mention Luffy allies saved his and killer life.

Luffy actually has speech in Udon arc, his dialgues that imply he wants to end Wano poverty when he says to Tama she will eat her heart content when he's done with Wano where kid is just after another big shot like any other guy in all those seas.

Making character go through some tough time isn't hard thing to do, it's the execution that matters and Kid has nothing like that.

This thread has attracted some insecure Luffy fanboys lol. You know they can't stand when Pirate Jesus isn't getting wanked and his rival is getting praise. Its easy to have guts when you get lucky every single second and are protected by plot, but how about having the guts to still stand up when you are unlucky and have suffered. Respect Kidd. Still a W post btw. :cheers:
frontrunners

I am triggered.

No, having ambition is good and all but Kid has nothing going on for him except his design and ambition which is nothing hard to mention at face value. His dialgoues are so basic and generic that you think Oda is not bothering to write him down properly. When he writes Law i feel like Oda actually puttinh some effort but for kid "I am gonna kill Kiado" "I am gonna kill this" "I am gonna kill that"

No, that's not how a interesting character behaves. Hell he has yet to show any feat even intelligence wise that put him above Luffy, despite knowing the difference between Yonkou and his own crew he declined Luffy offer to form an alliance and said he will kill Luffy if he comes in his way where Luffy actually ready to make allies, not to mention Luffy allies saved his and killer life.

Luffy actually has speech in Udon arc, his dialgues that imply he wants to end Wano poverty when he says to Tama she will eat her heart content when he's done with Wano where kid is just after another big shot like any other guy in all those seas.

Making character go through so tough time isn't hard thing to do, it's the execution that matters and Kid has nothing like that.
"Im gonna be King of the Pirates!!!" x100
"MEEEAAAATTT!!!"
"Im gonna kick your ass and be Pirate King "insert arc villain""

Gotta love that god tier dialouge.
:steef::steef::steef:

Don't kid yourself. Kidd has much better dialogue than Luffy in way less screentime

Kidd is the true under dog of OP btw. Much more interested in seeing his path than Pirate Jesus cake walk to Laughtale.

N

Noctis

Not insecure as some fans who need to always scream about how their fav is better than others and always slander Luffy. The obsession you guys have with Luffy at this point is unhealthy

No, having ambition is good and all but Kid has nothing going on for him except his design and ambition which is nothing hard to mention at face value. His dialgoues are so basic and generic that you think Oda is not bothering to write him down properly. When he writes Law i feel like Oda actually puttinh some effort but for kid "I am gonna kill Kiado" "I am gonna kill this" "I am gonna kill that"
his dialogs don't speak for his actions, like Luffy who's words weigh less and emanate way less compared to his actions kid hasn't said one wise friggin thing truly (i just got proven wrong by @ReggieZoldyck21) but his prior actions and his development in Onigashima has proven that "generic" dialogs of his to be redundant in grand scheme of things.. his actions in Onigashima has made us realize that he does understands the threat we face and willingly collaborates and also appreciates the one's that help him out (zoro) which adds to his character on top his polished iron will like i discussed in my previous comment

Taking his unwise and idiotic aspects as character depravity is your lack of understanding of his character..why tf don't you say the same for Luffy? coz he is meant to be portrayed that way.. HARD HEADED AND DENISE'S KNUCKLE HEAD WHO JUMPS INTO ACTION WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT....so why are you comparing him to law?

where were you when Kid stated that he wont make alliances after what happened to his first mater? andif you do know then why are you making such a trivial case out of it..why do you expect him to show gratitude to rival in privacy after attaining fresh scars already? what the hell is this way of comprehension lad?

Making character go through some tough time isn't hard thing to do, it's the execution that matters and Kid has nothing like that.
Yea Luffy has a plot where he knows the worth of allies and has a an oath to uphold.. kid doesn't so him giving no Malcom X speech makes him down right bad aye?

Through his actions in Onigashima he has become an ally unofficial and surprising less hubris and more understanding of this situation.. what you said regarding him being an idiot for not having had join hands with Luffy has now come true as things stand.. and he trusts Luffy with it but it'd seem like him showing inferiority to him than understanding to you folks right ?

if Kid was covered as much ad law.. you won't be saying this shit.. and thats my observation of his acts through the timeskip and coming into it.

after his past is covered Kid will become some of the most beloved characters NO CAP.

Last edited:
N

Noctis

"Im gonna be King of the Pirates!!!" x100
That's a catchphrase, not a dialogue for chat. "I am gonna kill someone" isn't a catch phrase that kid seems to says a lot.
"MEEEAAAATTT!!!"
"Im gonna kick your ass and be Pirate King "insert arc villain""
That's him mentioning who he will defeat.

Now should I also post Luffy panels of him actually talking some good stuff that you trying ignore? I mean sure but there are like hundreds of it. And it's crazy how kid throughout the entire one piece has two quotes, that's all. Doesn't define anything about him as a character.

Like seriously, it's like you guys past over Luffy panels or ignore them outright. Luffy actually has moments of him trying to understand how things work, him trying understand new powers his opponents has what not. LIke as if everything goes over.

But I will post some panels anyway.

Some of the chapters I don't remember or can't find the numbers of;

When Luffy tells Doffy that Dressrosa country looks good from only outside but is corrupted from inside or something like that.

In Ennies Lobby when he tells robin he need to hear that she wants to live. Sure not some crazy good dialogue but perfectly fits there,

This thread has attracted some insecure Luffy fanboys lol. You know they can't stand when Pirate Jesus isn't getting wanked and his rival is getting praise. Its easy to have guts when you get lucky every single second and are protected by plot, but how about having the guts to still stand up when you are unlucky and have suffered. Respect Kidd. Still a W post btw. :cheers:
How are you gonna slander Luffy in the main post and expect Luffy fans to keep quiet? What a hypocrite.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
- Fucked with 3 of the Yonko with no fear, is currently fighting one

- Lost his arm to red hair pirates, didn't care, then proceeded on sink Big Moms' ships and tried to invade her island

- When kaido dropped in front of him Scratchmen and Hawkins joined him out of fear. But he went to take him on

- Got beaten the shit out of and imprisoned and his spirit was not broke

- Went back after escaping from prison to save his crew

- He is very similar to luffy in his fearlessness and that he would never be a subordinate of anyone. But his character is much more interesting than Luffy's and he's not an idiot like him

- Has Conqueror's Haki

- Everyone respects him
I'm genuinely asking this.

Is this anti meme?

Because it looks like one and it would be a very good one.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I can't even fully remember why i made this thread since i mostly don't care about Kidd :laughmoji:
I started laughing after this:

- Lost his arm to red hair pirates, didn't care, then proceeded on sink Big Moms' ships and tried to invade her island

:milaugh:

Dunno if you realized that a funny pun at Kidd came here.

I started laughing after this:

Dunno if you realized that a funny pun at Kidd came here.
:choppawhat:

Dude i literally don't even remember why i made that thread i doubt that i can spot the funny pun tbh :josad:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
:choppawhat:

Dude i literally don't even remember why i made that thread i doubt that i can spot the funny pun tbh :josad:
Fucked with 3 Yonko no fear sure.

But he didnt do shit to them.

Lost arm to Shanks.

Got backed down from reaching deeper into WCI by Cracker and excused himself with "I got what I wanted".

Got fucked by Kaido like Luffy in 923.

Fucked with 3 Yonko no fear sure.

But he didnt do shit to them.

Lost arm to Shanks.

Got backed down from reaching deeper into WCI by Cracker and excused himself with "I got what I wanted".

Got fucked by Kaido like Luffy in 923.
There's nothing wrong with getting shit on as long as you have BALLS