Character Discussion Is Eustass Kid done for?

Do you think Kid will comeback to the story and still be relevant?

• Total voters
Kidd isn't dead and will return, but I am not very optimistic about his future as a pirate. He never truly was in the Pirate King race, though neither are the other Supernovas who aren't Luffy, and I can't see him going back to the same path ever again.

Imo no he still has 3 ways to come back as a relevant character
1. He joins cross guild or BB to try and get revenge against shanks. It'd be a little out of character but after this defeat if Kidd tries to stay his reckless arrogant self he's possibly the dumbest character in the show.

2. He comes back as a ally in the final war.
Him coming back and making up for his bad showing to shanks could be his redemption story. He could come back as a much more composed character that now weighs the decision he makes and could even come back with adcoc or something else.

3. The biggest redemption for Kidd he comes back after rounding up the lost and beaten pirates to try to challenge the world like xebec. I think it'd be cool if oda had Kidd go round up the pirates that have fallen like he has to give it last hoorah. 1 last hail mary to reach the top not a crew with loyalty and respect for each other but a crew hell bent on turning the world upside down even if they have to do it with people they hate. So it wouldn't just be Luffy and allies vs the wg but Luffy and allies vs WG vs the Kidd hate alliance to decide the world. Either relative peace and adventure with luffy winning, the status quo with the WG winning, or all out chaos if Kidd's alliance wins. I think Kidd pulling a xebec 2.0 could not only bring back past favorite villains it also keeps Kidd as a threat and throws a curve ball into the world instead of the basic story most expect.

He might be out as a contender for the Pirate King title, but he ain't done before he meets the man with the burn scar first. Otherwise, that panel would have been a total waste.

There are many theories that Elbaf in General is split into 2 camps, similar to fishmen island. Ultimately, some of the giants will thank kidd for taking down Big Mom, who was pretty much hated by all elbaf giants. It will all come in full circle. Will Kidd still attempt to get the One Piece? Maybe...if he can persuade an army full of Giants, which Big mom stated she would have gotten unstoppable if she had them under her wings ? I am not a kidd fan myself, but Oda will make him continue in whatever direction he has in his mind.

What the hell makes Elbaf so dangerous? Why did big mom state that ? Loki? The big mysterious tree we sometimes see in the back? There must be something very powerful...

No disrespect to those who think otherwise, but I think its asinine that Oda would wash Kid this early, he's still a big player with 3B bounty threat-wise (this retard will still go around challenging strong ppl), the Kid pirates, however, are done.

I think Kid and Killer will still play a role end game. They are still stuck in Elbaf w/o a ship.

They are only removed from the Pirate King race, not the full story.

Pehaps he and Killer can get a cover story where they settle in a Island and create a pasta shop.

But he dont have anything more to do, he already lost the Road Poneglyph, was already destroyed by Shanks, dont have a ship, he is clearly out of the War for the Throne.

They still need to meet the man with burnt mark. So most likely they will stsill have some cover stories stuff.
I still think Kid is gonna bounce back from this tbh, not as a major fighter, not as a contender for the Throne Race, but as a reluctant ally for the SHs in the final war.
My head canon about the Rooftop 5 vs The Gorosei is still up in the air btw :fransuper:

I think both Law and Kidd will aim to get revenge on Blackbeard and Shanks and they will play a role in their downfall.During the final war they will show up in Marineford to get some glory.
Post automatically merged:

I said it before & i will say it again regardless of opposers
Current Saga is Mary Geoise, Next One is Elbaf
Kid is reserved for Elbaf so he had to be forcefully removed from Mary Geoise Arc
Mary Geoise?why?i think we are headed to Dragon after egghead.

G
it's better for kidd to die than to end up like gecko moria
Gecko Moriah and Crocodile were no conquerors.Kidd won't get depressed by being defeat.This guy got took L from Kaido,BM and Shanks(x2).He will never quit.

He either:
1. Dies
2. Returns in the future as gecko Moriah with an army of poorly made robots
3. Returns in the present as a cheerleader seeing luffy achieve a dream he never could

Dying is a mercy
Revenge?

Early spoilers proved to be fake and his dream has not been shattered. As a matter of fact, that scenario would have ended his character, but in the actual story developement, he can still try to reach his ambition: become a Yonkou.

I know were you're going Oda: an Alliance between Blackbeard and Kidd to take out the Red Haired pirates.
i see this alliance happening too

Last edited:
1. He joins cross guild or BB to try and get revenge against shanks. It'd be a little out of character but after this defeat if Kidd tries to stay his reckless arrogant self he's possibly the dumbest character in the show.

Him coming back and making up for his bad showing to shanks could be his redemption story. He could come back as a much more composed character that now weighs the decision he makes and could even come back with adcoc or something else.

3. The biggest redemption for Kidd he comes back after rounding up the lost and beaten pirates to try to challenge the world like xebec. I think it'd be cool if oda had Kidd go round up the pirates that have fallen like he has to give it last hoorah. 1 last hail mary to reach the top not a crew with loyalty and respect for each other but a crew hell bent on turning the world upside down even if they have to do it with people they hate. So it wouldn't just be Luffy and allies vs the wg but Luffy and allies vs WG vs the Kidd hate alliance to decide the world. Either relative peace and adventure with luffy winning, the status quo with the WG winning, or all out chaos if Kidd's alliance wins. I think Kidd pulling a xebec 2.0 could not only bring back past favorite villains it also keeps Kidd as a threat and throws a curve ball into the world instead of the basic story most expect.
yeah,him joining up with BB to get revenge on Shanks would be cool.Also,the round up idea sounds awesome.Imagine past villains and legends joining up with Kidd.That would be a hell of a twist.His epiphet is "Captain" after all,he should have a large fleet too.Those guys that had connections with BM,Kaido,Doflamingo could make a comeback.Maybe add some supernovas like Apoo,Capone and Urougue too.

Last edited:
With proud of a pirate, Kid's ship got destroyed by a pirate, so I think his career ended.

With proud of a pirate, Kid's ship got destroyed by a pirate, so I think his career ended.
fuck the ship,they can build a new one.Law lost his submarine too probably.

I was thinking about this round up thing,possible candidates:Big Mom pirates remants,Whitebeard pirate remants,Beast pirate remants,underworld brokers,BM tea party guests,Germa 66,Supernovas,rogue heavy hitters of the new world,Shiki/Xebec(if still alive) any remant of Xebec's pirates.Kidd could gather all these people and then join hands with Blackbeard to fight Shanks and his fleet.That would be way more epic.

Last edited: