Powers & Abilities Is it PIS that Rayleigh didn't at the very least, explain the basic concepts of ACoA and ACoC?

I think its kinda retarded that Luffy only figured this shit out now in wano, when he was trained by one of the strongest haki users ever. Like I'm not saying that Rayleigh should have taught him ACoA or ACoC, but at the very least, Rayleigh could have explained to Luffy how these abilities work and how to unlock them. He basically told Luffy how to unlock future sight, an ability he didn't even have. But he couldn't have done the same for internal destruction or ACoC?

I feel like that's kinda bullshit. Honestly, I don't know why Rayleigh didn't even teach Luffy basic Ryuo, especially when its the gateway to learning ACoC and Luffy's strongest ability, gear 4th, is based off CoA. Its not even that hard, basic ryuo(not barrier CoA) is a low tier ability that is essentially the basis for hardening weapons. Tashigi, helmeppo, and the fodder from amazon lily all know how to do this. But Rayleigh couldn't even give Luffy a study guide on how to do this?

I mean honestly, Luffy was already using basic ryuo after Hyo merely told him how it worked(you can see Luffy flow small amounts of haki when he punched armadillo man).

This kinda seems like plot induced stupidity. Luffy is a very basic character and Oda doesn't want to develop him at all so the only thing he can do to make him interesting is give him these power ups every single arc. Therefore, rather than Luffy coming out of the timeskip knowing ryuo(like Zoro did), Oda needs to hold off on it for literally no reason. I think this is dumb. I think rather than having Luffy learn ryuo in wano, he should have learned it from Rayleigh. Then Oda could have made ACoC have a much bigger role throughout wano, rather than Luffy unlocking it at the last moment during the rooftop fight.

Because Rayleigh is a shit teacher. Forget about advanced techniques, he didn't even bother to tell Luffy that 20 minutes of Luffy g4 won't even defeat single person in new world. Of course this is not excluding the fact that Oda regressed Luffy because he doesn't know how to develop Luffy if he knows everything. Therefore, he had to regress and then develop.

Why should he try and teach advance haki to a beginner. It takes years to learn advance haki.
No when you learn something new you learn the basics and that's what Rayliegh taught Luffy
Nah because he did what he said he was going to do lol. He said that he was going to teach him all of the basics of haki. Teaching advanced forms would be contradictory to that statement
again, I didn't say Rayleigh should have taught Luffy advanced haki

just that it would have helped if he could have simply explained to Luffy how it worked
Post automatically merged:

Then maybe instead of learning ACoA right before fighting kaido, Luffy could have learned it in the cracker fight

again, I didn't say Rayleigh should have taught Luffy advanced haki

just that it would have helped if he could have simply explained to Luffy how it worked
Post automatically merged:

Then maybe instead of learning ACoA right before fighting kaido, Luffy could have learned it in the cracker fight
What's the point of explaining how it works if Luffy doesn't understand the basics it like explaining what calculus is to a student who just started learning basic algebra

Because Rayleigh is a shit teacher. Forget about advanced techniques, he didn't even bother to tell Luffy that 20 minutes of Luffy g4 won't even defeat single person in new world. Of course this is not excluding the fact that Oda regressed Luffy because he doesn't know how to develop Luffy if he knows everything. Therefore, he had to regress and then develop.
Luffy defeated Doffy with g4

I think its kinda retarded that Luffy only figured this shit out now in wano, when he was trained by one of the strongest haki users ever. Like I'm not saying that Rayleigh should have taught him ACoA or ACoC, but at the very least, Rayleigh could have explained to Luffy how these abilities work and how to unlock them. He basically told Luffy how to unlock future sight, an ability he didn't even have. But he couldn't have done the same for internal destruction or ACoC?

I feel like that's kinda bullshit. Honestly, I don't know why Rayleigh didn't even teach Luffy basic Ryuo, especially when its the gateway to learning ACoC and Luffy's strongest ability, gear 4th, is based off CoA. Its not even that hard, basic ryuo(not barrier CoA) is a low tier ability that is essentially the basis for hardening weapons. Tashigi, helmeppo, and the fodder from amazon lily all know how to do this. But Rayleigh couldn't even give Luffy a study guide on how to do this?

I mean honestly, Luffy was already using basic ryuo after Hyo merely told him how it worked(you can see Luffy flow small amounts of haki when he punched armadillo man).

This kinda seems like plot induced stupidity. Luffy is a very basic character and Oda doesn't want to develop him at all so the only thing he can do to make him interesting is give him these power ups every single arc. Therefore, rather than Luffy coming out of the timeskip knowing ryuo(like Zoro did), Oda needs to hold off on it for literally no reason. I think this is dumb. I think rather than having Luffy learn ryuo in wano, he should have learned it from Rayleigh. Then Oda could have made ACoC have a much bigger role throughout wano, rather than Luffy unlocking it at the last moment during the rooftop fight.
He's not capable of doing AdvCoC but him not mentioning about "oyea my captain can do CoC coating" is pure amnesia and plot restriction. Dunno about internal destruction CoA, maybe he didn't master it to a certain degree.

Overthinking it. The timeskip was meant to be a boost to the Strawhats, but not turbocharging them right to the end of the adventure. The characters and through them the readers still need to discover things on their own, not just endless flashbacks of Luffy and Zoro going “oh yeah, I already knew this, Rayleigh and Mihawk told me exaclty what advanced CoC/ black blades are and how to achieve them.”