Questions & Mysteries Is it the real Oden or is it a fake? And if it's a fake then who is it?

Who is this Oden?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Viz makes it seem like its the real Oden. This could potentially be him before his execution.

Before he's about to be executed, he has a longer kimino and a beard. At the execution he has no beard.....however he has one this chap. I doubt they will allow him to shave in prison. So he probably shaved in the future....

He also has a new scar which he probably got from the future

Timeline:

- Oden vs Kaido..
- Oden imprisoned
- Toki has made a plan to send Kin and Co. to the future to defeat Kaido in 20 years
- At night him and Toki go 20 years into the future
- Since she's already planning to send Kin and Co. to the future before they get there....logically they should be there in the future.
- Oden meets the scabbards, and then Yamato
- He then goes to the roof and teams up with the SN.
- Him and Zoro do combo attacks, and give Kaido multiple scars.
- Finally Luffy defeats Hybrid Awakened Kaido, with Oden shocked at his strength
- Kaido is defeated, and Oden meets up with Hiyori and Momo
- He names Momo as the new Shogun and then him and Toki go back to the past.
- Oden goes back one second after he left, and knows what will happen in the future.
- By going to the future and knowing the scabbards thought he was dead....Oden realises he is meant to die for all of this to happen
- Thus he accepts his fate in the pot and dies so everything can go aacording to plan.

If it were to happen like this....I would be kinda alright with it. The stakes of Oden always having to die in this paradox still remain. Oden has to die for Kaido to be defeated. The stakes may go down a bit though since Venegence cant really play a big role for it to happen.

Overall if it were to happen like this and this was the real Oden. Then I'd give it a 8/10 for a side plot. Sure it lowers the tension and stakes a bit, but damn is it cool for time travel to play such a big role like this. Giving me some GoT Hodor/Back to the future/Meet the Robinsons Vibes

I lowkey want this to be the real Oden, as long as he dies at the end of this arc back in the past.
My theorist soul counterpart digs this idea and I can see it happening although let's be honest......... Would Oda give someone like Oden who is overwanked in the community a return in the chapter named after Chopper?

I will say this. Cool theory but I expect fucking gyukimaru or other shit to not get disappointed over a theory ( Did mine also ).

I don't want to give hopes to people who may want to see some Blackbeard Pirates joining the Fire Festival, but Oden stance in 1007 is quite similar to Devon stance, with the arms and the hands on the hips, imo.
Teach definitely has some business in Wano (poneglyph, fruits and so on) so he may have sent his captains out on a mission. In particular, I think of Devon, Shiryu and Lafitte, whose powers are suitable for infiltration missions. I'd also like to see Moria (who holds a grudge against Kaido) or at least Doc Q with the shadow fruit...

Teach definitely has some business in Wano (poneglyph, fruits and so on) so he may have sent his captains out on a mission. In particular, I think of Devon, Shiryu and Lafitte, whose powers are suitable for infiltration missions. I'd also like to see Moria (who holds a grudge against Kaido) or at least Doc Q with the shadow fruit...
In that case BB sent them for a brief and quick mission. BB himself could pop up on Wano but it wouldn't be a good idea for him to involve a major part of his crew in this war.

If is Oden before the execution where are the swords?
If is he after the execution where's the scars and why he have the goat bearb?

Seems to me that Toki appear and helped the scabbards and them left because she dont want them to see her, then some time after Kanjuro send the clone to trap the Scabbards, could even see a scene of fake Oden killing one of the scabbards and breaking the others mind.

This idea of Greg that can be a ghost is terrible, he even talk about bringing back Ace, Roger and other dead ghosts, man would be like see the end of Naruto again with power-up ghosts helping to defeat the villans.

Yeah, I like Greg though mosttime because he had always the same similar thoughs.
As in the current chapter, Greg not seeing it too that it going be a fake Oden.
Let see but im sure it going be Oden in the end.
Well, like I've said it's 50/50 for me, even though that I think he's not the real Oden.

But the reason why I consider 50% chance of him being the real Oden is the current situation. As I've already mentioned it before, I was expecting someone really strong step up to save the supernova, and Oden's arrival seems to be quite fitting. He just arrived in a very perfect time, just before we moved to the rooftop battle again.

Well, like I've said it's 50/50 for me, even though that I think he's not the real Oden.

But the reason why I consider 50% chance of him being the real Oden is the current situation. As I've already mentioned it before, I was expecting someone really strong step up to save the supernova, and Oden's arrival seems to be quite fitting. He just arrived in a very perfect time, just before we moved to the rooftop battle again.
Tbh like 3-4 or even 5 more chapters will pass before we reach the roof top again. At least, I hope you are not one of those delusional guys that claim that zoro will give Enma back to Oden (if he is the real Oden) and then go down to King or to kill Orochi lol.

Tbh like 3-4 or even 5 more chapters will pass before we reach the roof top again. At least, I hope you are not one of those delusional guys that claim that zoro will give Enma back to Oden (if he is the real Oden) and then go down to King or to kill Orochi lol.
I don't think that Zoro will give Enma back but I do think that Zoro is going to defeat King in one way or another. When it comes to the rooftop situation, I can see a scenario where we go back into the rooftop ether in next chapter or chapter after that. Oda leaves the Oden cliffhanger as a mistery while we focus on supernova vs Kaido and Meme–and in the most desperate situation when it seems like they're going to die, Oda ends the chapter on another cliffhanger, leaving people speculating how the Supernovas are going to survive. In the next chapter after that, Oden has a grand entering into the battle on the rooftop through the third door (that Oda foreshadowed in 1003) and saves the supernovas while badly injuring Kaido, and that would the cliffhanger of the next chapter.

I think @Sadistic Senpai will like this scenario a lot.
Post automatically merged:

This is why Oden coming back (dispite how ridiculous it might sound to us) does make a little bit of sense. I very well know that Oden coming back might ruin Wano arc's setup, but here's what... there is no Wano arc setup in first place. The entire motion that Oden lost because of the bad guys cheating or blackmailing Oden doesn't make sense. Oden would and should have defeated Kaido and him losing to Kaido instead, makes it very, very suspicious to me.

Oden knew exactly, and I mean exactly what's going to happen into the future, up to the details. He knew that 20 years in the future the supernovas will enter the grand line, he knew that they will fight against Kaido, he knew that that there's going to be a huge war against the WG atc. How could he know about all of that? It can't be a simple prophecy. It is very likely that Toki could not just send people into the future but also to see the future events, like time window that allows you to see the glimpse of future. I mean how did she know the exact time frame when Oden will start his journey; how did she know the exact place where Oden would meet her; how did she know the exact time frame where Luffy would meet Momonoske? If she missed the time frame even for a week then Luffy would have never met Momo and she herself would have never met Oden.

Another thing that doesn't make sense at all, is the fact that Oden had the opportunity to escape the cell he was held on, but he simply gave up. Please, someone example to me, why didn't Oden cut his cell when he had his swords with him? How–just fu*king how? He still had the upper hand over Kaido, he was still stronger than Kaido, he still could have asked help from Whitbeard or Rayleigh, for god's sake whhhyyyy??????
And then we have this weird conversation of Oden and Toki: in their last conversation instead of being emotional or stuff like that, Toki is carefree smiling... like I know that she wanted to be strong etc. Bla. Bla. Bla. But smiling–seriously? Your fu*king husband is going to be boiled alive and you're just smiling, that's it? What about your children, what about Wano country?
Why didn't Toki send her children to Whitbeard for protection instead of sending them to 20 years whiteout no guarantee that they would survive? Like, what type of loving mother would do that to her children?

The entire Wano arc setup is a big, preposterously huge plot hole and no one wants to talk about it because everyone pretend that they like Wano arc, when in reality, everyone are just confused and don't know what's going on. Oden coming back could finally explain everything, from their wired actions and choices to their unreasonable behavior in the flashback. It might be that Oden and Toki planned all of this to fool the world government, Kaido, and the entire world. They wanted to see and participate in the final war, Oden himself says Toki that she can jump into 20 years if she wants to see the final war. All of this can be explained in one chapter with Oden telling the scabbards about their grand plan that they came up with Toki to turn this world upside down.

:choppawhat:

Last edited:
I don't think that Zoro will give Enma back but I do think that Zoro is going to defeat King in one way or another. When it comes to the rooftop situation, I can see a scenario where we go back into the rooftop ether in next chapter or chapter after that. Oda leaves the Oden cliffhanger as a mistery while we focus on supernova vs Kaido and Meme–and in the most desperate situation when it seems like they're going to die, Oda ends the chapter on another cliffhanger, leaving people speculating how the Supernovas are going to survive. In the next chapter after that, Oden has a grand entering into the battle on the rooftop through the third door (that Oda foreshadowed in 1003) and saves the supernovas while badly injuring Kaido, and that would the cliffhanger of the next chapter.

I think @Sadistic Senpai will like this scenario a lot.

This is why Oden coming back (dispite how ridiculous it might sound to us) does make a little bit of sense. I very well know that Oden coming back might ruin Wano arc's setup, but here's what... there is no Wano arc setup in first place. The entire motion that Oden lost because of the bad guys cheating or blackmailing Oden doesn't make sense. Oden would and should have defeated Kaido and him losing to Kaido instead, makes it very, very suspicious to me.

Oden knew exactly, and I mean exactly what's going to happen into the future, up to the details. He knew that 20 years in the future the supernovas will enter the grand line, he knew that they will fight against Kaido, he knew that that there's going to be a huge war against the WG atc. How could he know about all of that? It can't be a simple prophecy. It is very likely that Toki could not just send people into the future but also to see the future events, like time window that allows you to see the glimpse of future. I mean how did she know the exact time frame when Oden will start his journey; how did she know the exact place where Oden would meet her; how did she know the exact time frame where Luffy would meet Momonoske? If she missed the time frame even for a week then Luffy would have never met Momo and she herself would have never met Oden.

Another thing that doesn't make sense at all, is the fact that Oden had the opportunity to escape the cell he was held on, but he simply gave up. Please, someone example to me, why didn't Oden cut his cell when he had his swords with him? How–just fu*king how? He still had the upper hand over Kaido, he was still stronger than Kaido, he still could have asked help from Whitbeard or Rayleigh, for god's sake whhhyyyy??????
And then we have this weird conversation of Oden and Toki: in their last conversation instead of being emotional or stuff like that, Toki is carefree smiling... like I know that she wanted to be strong etc. Bla. Bla. Bla. But smiling–seriously? Your fu*king husband is going to be boiled alive and you're just smiling, that's it? What about your children, what about Wano country?
Why didn't Toki send her children to Whitbeard for protection instead of sending them to 20 years whiteout no guarantee that they would survive? Like, what type of loving mother would do that to her children?

The entire Wano arc setup is a big, preposterously huge plot hole and no one wants to talk about it because everyone pretend that they like Wano arc, when in reality, everyone are just confused and don't know what's going on. Oden coming back could finally explain everything, from their wired actions and choices to their unreasonable behavior in the flashback. It might be that Oden and Toki planned all of this to fool the world government, Kaido, and the entire world. They wanted to see and participate in the final war, Oden himself says Toki that she can jump into 20 years if she wants to see the final war. All of this can be explained in one chapter with Oden telling the scabbards about their grand plan that they came up with Toki to turn this world upside down.

:choppawhat:
:whitepress:

Hey if it's Oden, then maybe we'll read Oden and Hyogoro lose against Kaido.

I don't want to give hopes to people who may want to see some Blackbeard Pirates joining the Fire Festival, but Oden stance in 1007 is quite similar to Devon stance, with the arms and the hands on the hips, imo.
This Oden being Devon makes zero sense. Actually almost less than zero sense, to be honest.

1) We've seen that Devon is currently on the other end of the New World, when she tricked Moria. This was less than a week ago in-manga time. Just not enough time to travel to Wano (SHs alone needed a week to reach Wano and weren't that far away).

2) How on earth should she be able to perfectly (!) copy Oden? She would have to know him and his connection to the scabbards very well, since she has to know his appearance, height, voice, relationship with them all etc.

3) Why should she suddenly appear right at the moment of the raid? Going to Onigashima just by chance, lol? Actually even being the first person to locate and find the scabbards would be way too much coincidence.

I'll repeat it: There's a less than 0.00000001% chance this is Devon.

I'll wake up tomorrow and see a thread of why Ace will come back to help Luffy against BB. Cuz, you know, the fight was rushed and all.
I mean Luffy gang'ed up against Kaido with others, so... we already know that Luffy will never defeat any of the Emperors, Luffy is the worst main character ever. The dude can't do anything by himself, he needs help from others to defeat his rivals.

I mean Luffy gang'ed up against Kaido with others, so... we already know that Luffy will never defeat any of the Emperors, Luffy is the worst main character ever. The dude can't do anything by himself, he needs help from others to defeat his rivals.
All the mcs on the big three got help. Naurto and his fox, Luffy and company and Ichigo and his sword aka bankai so...

All the mcs on the big three got help. Naurto and his fox, Luffy and company and Ichigo and his sword aka bankai so...
Naruto's fox and Ichigo's bankia are their version of Devil fruit. It's a cliche trope for shonen manga main characters to have a sleeping Demon inside them. Luffy has his potential awakening as his ultimate power up, just like Naruto had his fox powers that he thecniquely awakened etc. You get the point... those powers aren't help, not even close, lol. Luffy gaging up against his rivals is the same as if Luffy teamed up with someone else against Sasuke, that's insane.

This Oden being Devon makes zero sense. Actually almost less than zero sense, to be honest.

1) We've seen that Devon is currently on the other end of the New World, when she tricked Moria. This was less than a week ago in-manga time. Just not enough time to travel to Wano (SHs alone needed a week to reach Wano and weren't that far away).

2) How on earth should she be able to perfectly (!) copy Oden? She would have to know him and his connection to the scabbards very well, since she has to know his appearance, height, voice, relationship with them all etc.

3) Why should she suddenly appear right at the moment of the raid? Going to Onigashima just by chance, lol? Actually even being the first person to locate and find the scabbards would be way too much coincidence.

I'll repeat it: There's a less than 0.00000001% chance this is Devon.
Unless Devon is actually Toki :noo:

Naruto's fox and Ichigo's bankia are their version of Devil fruit. It's a cliche trope for shonen manga main characters to have a sleeping Demon inside them. Luffy has his potential awakening as his ultimate power up, just like Naruto had his fox powers that he thecniquely awakened etc. You get the point... those powers aren't help, not even close, lol. Luffy gaging up against his rivals is the same as if Luffy teamed up with someone else against Sasuke, that's insane.
More than Nauro teaming up against Sasuke it would be Naruto teaming up against a Villain. And we all know what he did in Boruto and against the alliens. I would rather giving the Liffy some help than doingwhat Kishi did: Kurama full Nuclear scientific mode against the opponent. Which also shits on the main rules of the Jins... so yeah. Asking for help isn't bad I would rather that than a Power up right from the ass.

I never understand it too, Oden had his two swords, he not seems to have a seastones around his hands, also he could cut off the call in the night when nobody was prepared for it and try to escape.
Or do he think that it would be to dangerous since his family would get attacked? That wouldn´t make sense though since Kaido attack them in the end. He could easily escape, reforce with the whole yakuza samurai and overall all Daimyos and start a final try to attack Kaido. But he was sure that 20years later people gonna defeat Kaido. So do he want the safe way where in the future Kaido get defeated? But how he know that?

S

stealthblack

What if...

vegapunk met oden during his adventures at sea, extracted his lineage factor and made the oden oden no mi and this person from 1007 has the fruit power....

or

oden eat the ghost ghost no mi similar to brook that turns him into ghost upon death

*galaxybrain*

Status
Not open for further replies.