Questions & Mysteries Is it the real Oden or is it a fake? And if it's a fake then who is it?

Who is this Oden?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how people think about it; if it's Oden then it's Oda's fault but if it's Kanjuro or Onimaru then it's character's fault. Like WTF? Ether way it's Oda's fault. No matter wether it's Oden or someone else, ether way it's a horrible plot.
If its real oden it can be a twist but lets see.........but if it is gyukimaru then its cheap writing plain and simple.........

It's funny how people think about it; if it's Oden then it's Oda's fault but if it's Kanjuro or Onimaru then it's character's fault. Like WTF? Ether way it's Oda's fault. No matter wether it's Oden or someone else, ether way it's a horrible plot.
It's fine and the mystery is fun to read. Stop bitching before you have any idea where it's going lmao.

Oda will show a guy eating a burger in a cover page and people on worstgen will write a book report on how it means one piece is bad now

Huh? Oden died and then he has come back into the story after his death

I mean this is the same thing with zero tensei in Naruto

They are temporarily brought from the dead but they are still essentially brought from the dead even though they eventually have to turn back into dust

Just coz this isn’t a DBZ shenron wish where a character is permanently revived, doesn’t mean it’s not the same thing as reviving them
Edo Tensei can be called temporary revival as they are literally coming back after their deaths. In this case, he hasn't died and is just time travelling to the future so that he can come back and die later to complete the cycle. The death hasn't happened yet. If Oden has to go back and die anyways at the end of the day then it's not necessarily revival, at least imo. I mean his badass death will still have its relevance.
Post automatically merged:

No matter wether it's Oden or someone else, ether way it's a horrible plot.
*horrible plot imo.

I personally would like for him to be the real Oden as long as he has to go back to the past to die.

Edo Tensei can be called temporary revival as they are literally coming back after their deaths. In this case, he hasn't died and is just time travelling to the future so that he can come back and die later to complete the cycle. The death hasn't happened ye
Okay let me ask, is Gamora from The MCU revived? She died in infinity war and they brought a parallel universe version of her into the main universe and now she’s here.

Do we not consider this Gamora has been brought back from the dead in as far as story mechanics go?

min fact let me ask something else, what if they a character is just brought back directly from death and then has no memories of the last 10 years of their life... Isn’t that the same thing as the Gamora thing? She doesn’t have memories of this main Gamora who died but she’s essentially her... Is that not the same as bringing someone from the dead and they have amnesia or something?

Do you see where I’m going with this? This is just semantics... It’s a cheap semantic argument... It’s the same thing... In as far as the plot is concerned, your idea of bringing a not dead Oden to the future is the same thing as just reviving Oden temporarily via Edo tensei... It does the same thing in the plot... So it’s all resurrection

Okay let me ask, is Gamora from The MCU revived? She died in infinity war and they brought a parallel universe version of her into the main universe and now she’s here.

Do we not consider this Gamora has been brought back from the dead in as far as story mechanics go?

min fact let me ask something else, what if they a character is just brought back directly from death and then has no memories of the last 10 years of their life... Isn’t that the same thing as the Gamora thing? She doesn’t have memories of this main Gamora who died but she’s essentially her... Is that not the same as bringing someone from the dead and they have amnesia or something?

Do you see where I’m going with this? This is just semantics... It’s a cheap semantic argument... It’s the same thing... In as far as the plot is concerned, your idea of bringing a not dead Oden to the future is the same thing as just reviving Oden temporarily via Edo tensei... It does the same thing in the plot... So it’s all resurrection
I understand what you're trying to say. That it isn't literally resurrection but in the story's point of view and as far as it's concerned, it is. Though personally, I would like for it happen as it makes sense imo and his death stays.

I understand what you're trying to say. That it isn't literally resurrection but in the story's point of view and as far as it's concerned, it is. Though personally, I would like for it happen as it makes sense imo and his death stays.
Still, it would fuck up the inherited will theme. If you are alr bringing Oden why don't you let him kill Kaido? I mean, you alr broke the inerited stuff by bringing Oden so why don't you have him Killing off Kaido?

Guys be ready, because Denjiro's character is on brink of being 'totally and utterly' destroyed just for sake of cheap cliffhanger.

Since his childhood Denjiro was quite smart and sneaky bastard, but he had to be, since he was an orphan. From his tough life Denjiro was forced to take responsibility from an early age and hence, developed a personality that allowed him to survive, he's a natural survivor💪. He knows how to fool and manipulate people, can easily spot a trick or trap, and is shown to be quite conscious to his approach. In terms of intellect Denjiro is one the smartest characters in one piece, alongside characters like Ben Beckman, Vegapank, Akainu, Blackbeard, Sengoku the strategist etc. Denjiro single–handedly ensured the raid on Anigashima...

This man: managed to "single–handedly" infiltrate the enemy forces, build an army of loyal followers, collected information for 20 years, patiently served to a man that he wanted to kill for 20 years straight, raised and took care of his master's daughter, and finally but most importantly, he discovered the identity of the traitor and managed to save the entire raid, and he did it, all of that by himself. All other scabbards are absolutely useless compared to him.

Now, if by any chance, Denjiro falls for Kanjiro's trap and believes that that's the real Oden—whiteout asking any questions to him, like for example how did he survive... then Oda is going to destroy the best scabbard just for sake of cheap cliffhanger. On the other side, Kanjuro doing the same mistake by underestimating, Denjiro and the scabbards, would ruin his character. Oda has already done this type of things with Whitbeard and Sanji and I don't see a reason why he wouldn't do it with Denjiro.

@Queen
@Zoro
@Van
@playa4321
@Celestia
@Grumpy Zoro
@Ice devil slayer
@KiriNigiri
@Veljko2000
@rednose
@Winsmoke Sanji
@Monet
@Veku
@BigChungus2018
@Crooc
@Reborn
@BossYimz
@Robin swan
@gojo
@Fenaker
@PuckTheGreat
@RayanOO
@ShishioIsBack
@Orojackson Refugee
@Greenbeard
@Dragomir
@Sword God Ryuma
@Sentinel
@IceWitch
@Himura
@DarkWitch
@stormylife
@Mr. Anderson
@yunzabit heights
@Monster trio
@Vonal
@Don DaSlayer
@Xione
@Master OF Haki
@Topi Jerami
@Yukihime
@bennbeckman
@Thabeast
@SaintBellkin
@SinOfGreed
@Zenos7
@Lucas
@JioFreed
@pedxi
@Zowo
@Luslec
@style
@Luffy is the mc
@Guymieux
@Mikail
@KINGKONGGUN15
@RyumaZoro
@worst pirate
@ZenZu
@LuffyMazino
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@HAJIKATA
@Jackteo
@Tamerani
@Marimo_420
@Garp the Fist
@Kejon
@Fukki
@Flower
@Sunita
@RZ.119
@Sade
@Skiddo
@KageyamaShoyo
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Elcadar
@Finalbeta
@Bullet
@Dark Hound
@Patryipe
@Light D Lamperouge
@Enma
@Owl Ki
@ZoroIsOverrated
@ShinmenTakezo
@Jack
@Admiral Lee Hung
@Bogard
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@Shiroyru
@Camie
@ShadyOjiro
@Benn beck
@SethTrollins
@MarimoHeado
@Foxy Bunny
@Bittersteel
@comrade
@Cyrus the Cactus
@OmegaPsyche
@SHIHI
@Zoro D Goat
@critical mindset
@kurwa
@WillOfMyD
@Jo_Ndule
@Reddot4
@Exodia.
@nik87
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Gambit
@Monkey D Theories
@TheAncientCenturion
@Haoshoku
@Geo
@Yo Tan Wa
@Izaya X
@Gon’s Missing Arm
@Albino 👑
@MasterD
@SmokedOut
@HeroesNZ
@Cinera
@Murilo
@Dark Knight Sanji
@Afroking
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Chaves
@Rivaille
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@MonsterZoro
@Gol D. Roger
@Soleus
@Aknolagon
@Emperor Nami
@Constantine
@Gensui Sazid
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@Hanzo hattori
@Buggy D Clown
@silverfire
@yorosenpai
@Tenshi No Konan
@Guan Yu
@Artorias
@Kiwipom
@zorojurou
@MD Zolo
@Brix
@Chrono
@HA001
@Sadistic Senpai
@bblue
@MarineHQ62
@KenshiraSonata
@Erkan12
@Buusatan94
@Celestial D. Dragon

Probably real. I don't see why Onimaru would get their hopes up just to destroy it again. That would be like telling Luffy Ace is still alive just to say "Fooled ya!" afterwards and crushing his morale again. It's the complete opposite of what he would want to achieve.

So either:

1) It's the real deal.
2) It's a trap.

Probably real. I don't see why Onimaru would get their hopes up just to destroy it again. That would be like telling Luffy Ace is still alive just to say "Fooled ya!" afterwards and crushing his morale again. It's the complete opposite of what he would want to achieve.

So either:

1) It's the real deal.
2) It's a trap.
That is something with people not want to understand who think this is Onimaru.
Saying Onimaru transforming into Oden is like Luffy friends saying mr.2 to transform into Ace...
Both ways terrible for the souls of Scabbards or Luffy, Hiyori would never want such thing from Onimaru.
So it doesn´t make sense to Onimaru beeing Oden, that would be disrespectful and would be crushing the morals of the Scabbards, who don´t need morals since they where already prepared to help the strawhats and alliance against the beast pirates.

That is something with people not want to understand who think this is Onimaru.
Saying Onimaru transforming into Oden is like Luffy friends saying mr.2 to transform into Ace...
Both ways terrible for the souls of Scabbards or Luffy, Hiyori would never want such thing from Onimaru.
So it doesn´t make sense to Onimaru beeing Oden, that would be disrespectful and would be crushing the morals of the Scabbards, who don´t need morals since they where already prepared to help the strawhats and alliance against the beast pirates.
Yeah. This is why I think it's either him or a trap from Kanjuro.

I do hope he's real because I want him to fight Koido again.

I do hope he's real because I want him to fight Koido again.
Me too, chapter 970 was to end fast, you could actually see Oda try to hint as much as from Kaido and Oden pl.
Let be honest, Oda know himself a full fight with Oden vs Kaido would bring him in corne, as example he using the old hag to end the fight faster. Because a longer fight would mean Kaido would pushed to use hybrid and Oda couldn´t reveal hybrid Kaido already before he not even face Luffy. But I think he really want badly to show actually the fight in full lenght, Kaido need to get nerfed, so Oden right now could be a good help.

Oden vs Kaido round2 would be really great.
Also Luffy side by side with Oden, something with I want since I see Oden in flashback.

I took my decision: that is Oden and he comes from at least 25 years in the past.
Toki can use a technique to send someone in the future for a short amount of time (hours).
Toki is there too :cheers:
I think Toki will possibly be revealed as the key to the One Piece if Oda will portray time as an additional coordinate in a four dimensional OP verse continuum. That would be pretty fancy overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.