Questions & Mysteries Is it the real Oden or is it a fake? And if it's a fake then who is it?

Who is this Oden?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Good morning but this was posted on the spoilers thread for the chapter as soon as the spoiler dropped
"Should've done that faster".

Jumped into theorist mode too quickly after I saw the spoilers without considering other things.

Fuck. What a boring shit. Plz roof piece soon:zosleepy:

"Should've done that faster".

Jumped into theorist mode too quickly after I saw the spoilers without considering other things.

Fuck. What a boring shit. Plz roof piece soon:zosleepy:
If it makes you feel better the sword with that stupid fox grip has 6 dots whilst the one with Fake Oden has 7 white dots ( Grip looks bigger)
Might be a random mistake Oden made and its actually the same sword or maybe its a different sword that looks very similar.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
If it makes you feel better the sword with that stupid fox grip has 6 dots whilst the one with Fake Oden has 7 white dots ( Grip looks bigger)
Might be a random mistake Oden made and its actually the same sword or maybe its a different sword that looks very similar.
Thanks but I'm not that deep into theories. I just make theories based on simple things. I'm not Erkek to analyze Mihawk's breath in 50 angles.

It doesn't make sense to me if its Kanjuro's drawing. He knows exactly how Oden looked like and there were some discrepancies with how he looked on that panel compared to back then. Also he was fighting to the death against the scabbards earlier. Why would he all of the sudden come out of nowhere right after the scabbards were healed up. I hope its not the real Oden because that would just take away all the emotion and legendary death from that man. I don't think it can be an enemy here so no on Katarina. Just doesn't tie into the scabbards at all. Blackbeard knew Oden from back in the day but why would she be here for? Has to be Onimaru or some type of ghost/spirit or perhaps a hallucination.

It doesn't make sense to me if its Kanjuro's drawing. He knows exactly how Oden looked like and there were some discrepancies with how he looked on that panel compared to back then. Also he was fighting to the death against the scabbards earlier. Why would he all of the sudden come out of nowhere right after the scabbards were healed up. I hope its not the real Oden because that would just take away all the emotion and legendary death from that man. I don't think it can be an enemy here so no on Katarina. Has to be Onimaru or some type of ghost/spirit or perhaps a hallucination.
Whats the discrepancies , Asking seriously.
Edit: if its a hallucination then its some top tier shit writing just sayin

Whats the discrepancies , Asking seriously.
Edit: if its a hallucination then its some top tier shit writing just sayin
The hallucination I saw elsewhere. Its a throwaway. I dont think its that either. The differences are the swords that Oden are carrying, plus if you see Oden panels from back then, he was always showing his legs. Why is this one hiding them. It just doesn't seem like the manly Oden that we all know.

It would be the nail in the coffin for Wano arc if he's back, ruining the only decent moment he ever had in his entire backstory which is dying a glorious death that likely is what made Kaido obsessed with having one as well.

Good grief, Oden's character is so poorly written he can still find a way to assfuck the story even after his presumed death.

LOL, I don't think it will happen too SIMPLY because Bau Huang was warning that someone was there... so if that was soul, and they are dead... she would not notice someone in the room healing them.... so the theory is ALREADY debunked... I'm just saying what would be really nice... but I really expect them healthy and alive hahaha, which leaves it to my obvious vote, it's real Oden/Toki with time travel after surviving execution as MUCH as people hate that scenario LOL
Post automatically merged:

You're putting too much faith in the 20 years created big gap between them LOL... I expect Oda to never stop wanking Oden honestly hahaha
Surviving the execution? He was shot in the head and we saw his body sinking in the oil. And if he did survive he should have his body covered with scars. Mostly his legs cuz of the oil and the shot in the head.
Post automatically merged:

It would be the nail in the coffin for Wano arc if he's back, ruining the only decent moment he ever had in his entire backstory which is dying a glorious death that likely is what made Kaido obsessed with having one as well.

Good grief, Oden's character is so poorly written he can still find a way to assfuck the story even after his presumed death.
Plus it would fuck up the theme of the inherited will which was the main focus of this arc. Heck, I could say that it is the main focus on One Piece and I could be 50% Right and 50% wrong. If Oda brings a dead guy back to life with an asspull now we call expect that to happen again in future arcs.

Last edited:
The hallucination I saw elsewhere. Its a throwaway. I dont think its that either. The differences are the swords that Oden are carrying, plus if you see Oden panels from back then, he was always showing his legs. Why is this one hiding them. It just doesn't seem like the manly Oden that we all know.
Oden wasn't always showing his legs he wore different clothes before.

And why would Kanjuro draw Enma and the other sword when everyone knows he gave them away.

Last edited:
Everyone Iโ€™m sure has read the Oda interview about him not liking character resurrections... Like I know Oda likes his false deaths but at the very least he seems to have a very strong opinion on this one thing

Like that interview was Oda throwing shade at Toriyama... That never happens... Oda never throws shade at Toriyama and yet he did then specifically on this topic of resurrections

Now if Oda breaks this rule... I donโ€™t even know... Letโ€™s just say I will not buy that Oda has gone down so much until itโ€™s confirmed
But it isn't exactly revival if he has to go back to Wano to die anyways, is it?

Yeah, and it also takes away Momonosuke's role now.

All this time, Momonosuke's character has been building up to be this leader that everyone looks up to, and he was slowly developing to be more responsible and more Shogun-esque. Previously, he thought being a Shogun was simple, but he realized becoming one isn't as simple as that, and he's slowly learning that.

This was the case since Zou, and he even has Oden's diary which could've served as a guidebook on what to do and what not to do when he takes the position of Shogun. The grassroots is there: He's learning how to be responsible and be capable as a leader, and he has a "Shogun-for-dummies" book to tell him what to do.

What will all this build up and development be for, now that Oden is actually alive and well?

But it isn't exactly revival if he has to go back to Wano to die anyways, is it?
Huh? Oden died and then he has come back into the story after his death

I mean this is the same thing with zero tensei in Naruto

They are temporarily brought from the dead but they are still essentially brought from the dead even though they eventually have to turn back into dust

Just coz this isnโ€™t a DBZ shenron wish where a character is permanently revived, doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s not the same thing as reviving them

Status
Not open for further replies.