Questions & Mysteries Is it the real Oden or is it a fake? And if it's a fake then who is it?

Who is this Oden?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Tides are really shifting like lol. Even here look at the poll. Many people think it might be real Oden.

But the worst part of this. I'm starting to witness a trend: "If Oda pulls this off with good writing I don't mind Oden being alive" and this is one of many.......

Seth

โ€Ž
If it was oden then Toki wouldnt just go away she would be there with him.
Oden doesn't match the size of that shadowy figure.

She could literally be there with him and Oda just didn't showcase her yet to have another "surprise".

Damn this week better pass quickly and we skip to another under roof madness..

Oden doesn't match the size of that shadowy figure.

She could literally be there with him and Oda just didn't showcase her yet to have another "surprise".

Damn this week better pass quickly and we skip to another under roof madness..
No they mentioned shes not there with them. So either they magically disappeared, Left suddenly or kidnapped

Tides are really shifting like lol. Even here look at the poll. Many people think it might be real Oden.

But the worst part of this. I'm starting to witness a trend: "If Oda pulls this off with good writing I don't mind Oden being alive" and this is one of many.......
That's literally every reaction to the entire post-timskip, lol. Here's what people think:

Oda=destroys a character
Fans=I don't care as long as it isn't my favorite character.

Seth

โ€Ž
No they mentioned shes not there with them. So either they magically disappeared, Left suddenly or kidnapped
Expecting Onimaru or some troll shit although remembering we are reading fictional story I will leave the possibility of it being real Oden behind my head.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
Toki or hiyori is missing so maybe someone kidnapped her. And maybe fake oden trying to make the scabbards forget about her and their objectives.
I espouse a theory regarding Toki. She might be the keystone to the One Piece, to find it at the right time other than at the right place. In other words the fourth coordinate in a space-time continuum that is four dimensional.

There is also the chance that it is all a dream from the scabbards. Basically we saw Hyori/Toki crying over the scabbards before, and last chapter what we saw wasn't real, it was a dream the scabbards were having. It would explain why Hyori and Toki aren't around.

Though I'm not really buying this. I am still hoping it's Kanjuro.

For Oda to pull off Oden being back he needs to make his presence relevant (if not why bother), while also finsihing Momo's character arc in a way that his father doesnt overshadows him, while also giving Yamato something to do in the arc thats important (a hero this late to the game needs something big), Let the rest of strawhats shine and have Luffy finish his will (thats the point of Luffy being back in Wano). How would Oda manage this? Seems like a tall order. So no safe to say that Oden isnt back from a narrative point. Think about it for a second. Oden is being teased in the same chapter that Queen got slapped by Chopper. Where is the need for him right now? At least show the Supernovas getting owned by Kaidou and BM first. The BP dont seem that formidable at the moment.

For Oda to pull off Oden being back he needs to make his presence relevant (if not why bother), while also finsihing Momo's character arc in a way that his father doesnt overshadows him, while also giving Yamato something to do in the arc thats important (a hero this late to the game needs something big), Let the rest of strawhats shine and have Luffy finish his will (thats the point of Luffy being back in Wano). How would Oda manage this? Seems like a tall order. So no safe to say that Oden isnt back from a narrative point. Think about it for a second. Oden is being teased in the same chapter that Queen got slapped by Chopper. Where is the need for him right now? At least show the Supernovas getting owned by Kaidou and BM first. The BP dont seem that formidable at the moment.
Good point, if Oden is coming back, the title of said chapter should be something like 'A legend comes back' or some shit like that not 'Mr. Raccoon Dog'

Status
Not open for further replies.