General & Others Is "King of Hell" the corniest nickname?

After the TS, oda has put some hints.
Purgatory onigiri, his tatsumaki wasn't going to stop until the ends of hell etc.
I don't remember zoro actually give a name to himself before that.
The true master of enma(king of hell), plus in his "illusions", he actually encountered death himself to settle their deference and rightfully claim the name from the king of the underworld.
I understand man, you are used to read sanji giving nicknames for himself and zoro hurt your feelings.
I mean isn't sanji gave a bunch of nicknames already?
But yeah, sanji's nicknames are definitely from an older child compare to Zoro's

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Anytime someone gives themselves a nickname it's gonna be corny, I don't think Zoro was actually doing that though. It's just a reference to his new moveset.

I'm not even sure how that's supposed to stick, is he gonna contact the navy and send in his cover letter? Pirate Hunter is infinitely cooler anyways imo. It's a nod to how he started his journey while also making sense currently as he's more or less cutting down pirates in his path. The only problem is it's not that fitting an epithet for the Pirate King's rhm but who cares really? We weren't introduced to Zoro as the former Pirate King's RHM for that to matter.

I mean it's just a nickname, nothing more. If this is cringe then all the other nicknames are as well, except the ones that just describe a physical trait (like "Straw Hat" or "Red Hair"). Nicknames are only supposed to sound cool, they're not supposed to sound mature. The only thing that bugs me is that the WG will coincidentally choose (to be confirmed though) the nickname Zoro thought of himself as if it was obvious he should get that one in particular, but that's merely a minor coherence issue.

I do think, however, that it sounds much cooler in English than it does in Japanese.

Anytime someone gives themselves a nickname it's gonna be corny, I don't think Zoro was actually doing that though. It's just a reference to his new moveset.

I'm not even sure how that's supposed to stick, is he gonna contact the navy and send in his cover letter? Pirate Hunter is infinitely cooler anyways imo. It's a nod to how he started his journey while also making sense currently as he's more or less cutting down pirates in his path. The only problem is it's not that fitting an epithet for the Pirate King's rhm but who cares really? We weren't introduced to Zoro as the former Pirate King's RHM for that to matter.
I guess that after his ultimate move in Wano, his new epithet will be « Jigoku no ou » which means « King of the samurai » and « King of hell » at the same time :goyea:

It is one of the corniest, indeed; "King of Hell" is something you'd give to the main character of that edgy fanfic you wrote when you were fifteen. It's puerile and rough, while "Pirate Hunter" has an oxymoronic undertone that I find to be more subtle yet smart and frightening for a fellow pirate. I seriously can't understand why anybody would prefer your generic "nothing personnel kid" crap to a classic epithet that says so much about the character and feels so impactful in-verse (makes you think of how bloodthirsty Zoro must be if he as a pirate is addressed as a hunter of his own kind).

"King of Hell" must be one of the worst possible epithets not just in One Piece but in any piece of literary work. It's just cringey for anybody with a mindset beyond adolescence. Zoro calling himself it is the cherry on top.

lol in all seriousness Zolo deserve better ephitet than that WWE king of hell in a cell, there's so many one that suits him,
either, Blade master, Revenant, Anathema, or maybe john wick Excommunicado :suresure:

no.
ifrit jambe is the worst attack name in anime, it radiates with "virgin" and "chastity belt" energy.
it sounds like something only a cuck would say when he's about to backstab his opponents.
it always makes me LMAO watching one piece youtubers struggling just to pronounce that shitty word correctly, i even watched some betas literally apologizing for it.
even typing it feels like shit.

while zoro:
-King of Hell :myman:
-En-O :steef:
-Jigoku no O :finally:

no.
ifrit jambe is the worst attack name in anime, it radiates with "virgin" and "chastity belt" energy.
it sounds like something only a cuck would say when he's about to backstab his opponents.
it always makes me LMAO watching one piece youtubers struggling just to pronounce that shitty word correctly, i even watched some betas literally apologizing for it.
even typing it feels like shit.

while zoro:
-King of Hell :myman:
-En-O :steef:
-Jigoku no O:finally:
So it's not only me who find "Ifrit Jambe" extremely cacophonic to pronounce