Chapter Discussion Is Kizaru a psychopath ?

Is he?

• Total voters
Tbf this could be his sarcasm and sense of humor like "oh these rookies are so scary"
Ikr
Post automatically merged:

Nah Kaidou is too emotional to be a psychopath. Did you see how he reacted to Big Mom coming up on Wano? He was yelling at the top of his lungs. Compare that to Kizaru asking to stop Kaidou + Big Mom casually, or eating noodles in the midst of war against a Yonkou, or having no change of expression when Rayleigh arrives out of nowhere to fight him. Kizaru is one cold mfer.
Kaido is bipolar and has a low iq, he's not a psychopath
Kaidou and Luffy seemed more like butt brothers than enemies.
🀣🀣🀣
Kizaru is just a good soldier. His attitude never showed any form of mental illness.
Complete lack of emotion is a mental illness

"Psychopath" and "sociopath", for the matter, aren't clinical labels to begin with and, on top of that, Kizaru isn't enoughly explored as a character nor is Oda exact with his usage of psychology (e.g. the Vinsmoke siblings were stated to be emotionless yet showed Ekman's emotions), so my short thought:

Oda is portraying Kizaru as a person who actually enjoys executing instead of doing it just as a job (hence why he asked Sengoku if it was okay to kill the enemies in Marineford and was about to directly pierce Oars Jr's, I think, head with a laser to murder him) and has a bit of a childish mentality (in a way I see him as a "twisted monkey", a playful yet evil character; the way he blew up that tree in Shabaody because he overdid his kick, or captured many pirates because of his tantrum after failing to catch the Straw Hats, or feared the Celestial Dragon's scolding like a kid who did something wrong... Even last chapter with his panel entertaining Sentomaru, whenever I look at Kizaru I see an evil kid). He also plays a facade since it's obvious he's smarter than he looks (connected to the science division and the only admiral shown studying as a kid).

Oda doesn't care enough for Kizaru to be a psychopath, and don't believe most of the people posting in this thread since they don't know what they're talking about (as I said, psychopathy isn't a clinical label in DSM). To put it simple, Kizaru seems to be a person who plays himself dumber than he truly is but also has low emotional control and seeks sadistic excitement under a cover of professionalism (for example, I'm sure he'd enjoy murdering Sentomaru at this point). As I said, he's a monkey in a twisted way.

Call it however you want.

He exhibits traits of one.
I think he is closer to sociopath.

Just bcs you have anti social behaviour doesnt make you a sociopath

And what is anti social about Kizaru anyway?

From his perspective he is going to arrest people he is paid to arrest. He is doing his job
Uh, that is the issue actually. He simply doesn't give a flip. Honestly, Akainu seems more human and humane than Kizaru does... for Kizaru, one gets impression he's like a child in a kindergarten - it is all just a game to him. He's a kid pulling off ant's legs, with no understanding of anybody's emotions. Nor does he care. He gets his entertainment out of the stuff he's doing, and that is all that matters to him.

"Psychopath" and "sociopath", for the matter, aren't clinical labels to begin with and, on top of that, Kizaru isn't enoughly explored as a character nor is Oda exact with his usage of psychology (e.g. the Vinsmoke siblings were stated to be emotionless yet showed Ekman's emotions), so my short thought:

Oda is portraying Kizaru as a person who actually enjoys executing instead of doing it just as a job (hence why he asked Sengoku if it was okay to kill the enemies in Marineford and was about to directly pierce Oars Jr's, I think, head with a laser to murder him) and has a bit of a childish mentality (in a way I see him as a "twisted monkey", a playful yet evil character; the way he blew up that tree in Shabaody because he overdid his kick, or captured many pirates because of his tantrum after failing to catch the Straw Hats, or feared the Celestial Dragon's scolding like a kid who did something wrong... Even last chapter with his panel entertaining Sentomaru, whenever I look at Kizaru I see an evil kid). He also plays a facade since it's obvious he's smarter than he looks (connected to the science division and the only admiral shown studying as a kid).

Oda doesn't care enough for Kizaru to be a psychopath, and don't believe most of the people posting in this thread since they don't know what they're talking about (as I said, psychopathy isn't a clinical label in DSM). To put it simple, Kizaru seems to be a person who plays himself dumber than he truly is but also has low emotional control and seeks sadistic excitement under a cover of professionalism (for example, I'm sure he'd enjoy murdering Sentomaru at this point). As I said, he's a monkey in a twisted way.

Call it however you want.
Tbf oars Jr. is a really large target
:milaugh:
Regarding his buddy Sentamaru..
Wasn't there sth in the chapter "it would be easier if you surrender"

This aged really bad, as I expected. A psychopath wouldn't be as conflicted as he is in the same situation.

The Elders are realistic, displays of what psychopathy is (specially Saturn, since he's the one we know the most atm).

Lucci too, to a certain extent... but definitely not Borsalino.

This aged really bad, as I expected. A psychopath wouldn't be as conflicted as he is in the same situation.

The Elders are realistic, displays of what psychopathy is (specially Saturn, since he's the one we know the most atm).

Lucci too, to a certain extent... but definitely not Borsalino.
Yeah.
In fact, the others turned out to be (maybe), but definitely not him.