Questions & Mysteries Is Oda doing King the background justice?

Lmfao hes 40 not 80 hes not dying before meeting zoro he didnt give a shit about the new gen even after hearing shanks stories about luffy.
never said he was dying before meeting zoro
perhaps he thought shanks was capable of being much stronger if he kept both arms thats why he calls him weak cause shanks is clearly not.
he just personally thinks zoro has the potential to be stronger than him. plenty of swordsmen that can give him a "challenge" or a good fight
not many that can "surpass him"
Post automatically merged:

Oda should dive more into both Mihawk and Whitebeard's titles.

I mean we can add 1 + 1 and WB being WSM is understandable but in Mihawk's case, it's a bit more problematic because we don't know shit besides him sparring with Shanks.
we might get some lore when they dive into black blades
king yc1 seems like a swordsman
doesnt have one either
neither does shiryu.
neither did oden.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Not coincidence that among the ones downplaying King are salty Yamatards.
It's understandable though. I would also crying if my expectation of my favorite boy is being ruined, from the supposed "Ace of Beasts" into another Ace's another friend.
King is the second strongest Beast Pirate after Kaido with no fucking cap.
Yamato is not even on Tobi Roppo level. Ulti literally stands back on her feet after few seconds.

Yamato is not even on Tobi Roppo level. Ulti literally stands back on her feet after few seconds.
Eh I would wait for Yamato

She might have inherited Kaido's power for all we know

She one shot Ulti after all.. so we can safely say that she is well above TR level actually

Let's see what Goda is hiding for us I suppose

on topic
katakuri had his first showings at the tea party when the plan to attack bm pirates was under execution

thats exactly where we are at right now and we have seen king already

prevent the bm pirates with a yc2 and other veterans on board refrain from approaching for a week
as a result of his action , big mom lost her memories, couldnt react on time, couldnt do anything
lend his sword to kaido to off orochi without any hints from kaido. his relationship with kaido def seems a step above the other calamities.
he is not a background char , wano is just long enough to the point where , this would be the equivalent of the start of the tea party but we are almost 80 chapters in.

yamato is at least toppi roppo level
stop it
lmao

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
on topic
katakuri had his first showings at the tea party when the plan to attack bm pirates was under execution

thats exactly where we are at right now and we have seen king already

prevent the bm pirates with a yc2 and other veterans on board refrain from approaching for a week
as a result of his action , big mom lost her memories, couldnt react on time, couldnt do anything
lend his sword to kaido to off orochi without any hints from kaido. his relationship with kaido def seems a step above the other calamities.
he is not a background char , wano is just long enough to the point where , this would be the equivalent of the start of the tea party but we are almost 80 chapters in.

yamato is at least toppi roppo level
stop it
lmao
She's not.
Until you prove me she can beat Ulti don't put her on that level. Apoo knocked out Luffy for few seconds.
Apoo on Luffy's level then?

On topic.

King will have his time to shine soon don't worry.

I don't care about this. Ulti is back on her feet after a few seconds this is not a one-shot.

Inheriting someone's genes doesn't put you on a Calamity level automatically.
She definitely trained with Kaido but that doesn't mean she's above all.
Well she was dominated by Yamato, we have no proof of what would have happened later but honestly Goda sensei has portrayed her to be quite powerful thus far

I will wait and see what happens next

But claiming that she isn't Topi Roppo level is a bit too much for now

I don't care about this. Ulti is back on her feet after a few seconds this is not a one-shot.

Inheriting someone's genes doesn't put you on a Calamity level automatically.
She definitely trained with Kaido but that doesn't mean she's above all.
IF she does have a DF and those cuffs are seastone, which they probably are considering the place they're at is abundance. Imagine her basically one shotting Ulti, she was down and we don't know how long it was off panel, if those cuffs come off she will be much stronger. Think what Luffy went through but 20 years.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
But claiming that she isn't Topi Roppo level is a bit too much for now
Claiming that she is on Tobi Roppo level after knocking Ulti who is back on her feet after a few seconds is a bit too much for now.
I agree.

On topic.

I like the theory of King's sword being Kusanagi.
Who pointed that out? xD.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Hmm what's Kusanagi famed for again? Actually I can't remember good because Naruto/Orochimaru.
In Japanese stories, Susanoo used it to kill Yamata no Orochi something like that.

On topic.

King will be psycho type in the fight I think.

I re-watched the episode where he was with Queen in the room.
His reaction to Queen calling him a torture loving freak was like yo!

The fact that King is, supposedly, the only remaining survivor of his rare race increase is possible plot relevance far more.

Overall Oda continues the trend of all YC1 having something that makes them special.

- King is from rare race that apparently grants him some kind of fire abilities.
- Marco has one of the rarest abilities.
- Katakuri has Advanced Observation and Kings Haki.
- Ben Beckman is close to his captain.