General & Others Is Oda the best Japanese writer out there?

To be fair, it is pretty boring when the main reason Luffy decided to go on the path of Pirate King was because he got triggered by a responsible adult who refused to allow him to become a career criminal at age seven. :lusalty:
Bet my as Luffy was just salty and said "I and my Plotarmor will do that alone":milaugh:

He’s obviously close to the top. There are some things that are annoying but they are part of the genre. I don’t think there is any manga author that could have me fiending for a chapter 1000 chapters in.

No. He is good storyteller. Writing / Manga for decade is not joke. He is dancing on rope , with the quality .
But there are many artist better than him but as successful as him .

Your opinion is trash
Nope, Oda is trash.
From timeskip we got zero character development, nice example is Nami:
1. After time skip has zero battles 1x1, never was fighting on her limits;
2. Receive another power up - new wand. Never was fighting on her limits, showed litteraly nothing in manga. Even in anime we got new attack from her, that was SKIPPED in manga;
3. Receice one power up - Zeus, did she showed something new? Nope, still she keep using Zeus with basic thunder;
4. Was "fighting" Ulti, do we get any char progressionoe decelopment? Her battle was skipped, she defeated her opponent with basic lightening;
From other hand Nami have a lot of screen time, for fanservice mostly.
Either way goes for Sanji, Chopper etc
Sanji who never used armored haki, while in anime it was showed.
This author don't care about readers, don't care about his own heroes. Why you introduced so many main characters as main crew, if they played role of old furniture in yours manga.
Tabatha Black Clover>>>>>One Piece in terms of fights, character development, and even story. Oda's story just keep repeating itself in each arc, like conveyor.
Oda is trash, and he proved that in Wano.
Right now there is no chances even forblast arc be different, case his SH are useless and not need characters, that will still survice case of ass pull plot that made em immortal.
Post automatically merged:

But ofc if I talked about Nami, let me make comparison to Tabatha's Noelle:
1. After time skip she was thrown into major battle against enormous strong Villain, was fighting on her limits;
2. Receive new power up - water spirit, Ultimate magic
3. Bam rematch between her and that villain, again pushed on her limits, fight continue
This is example how author can care about his heroes, or turn his characters into fanservice slut

Oda is nothing but Trash as author, case story can't live if characters are dead.

Last edited:
Nope, Oda is trash.
From timeskip we got zero character development, nice example is Nami:
1. After time skip has zero battles 1x1, never was fighting on her limits;
2. Receive another power up - new wand. Never was fighting on her limits, showed litteraly nothing in manga. Even in anime we got new attack from her, that was SKIPPED in manga;
3. Receice one power up - Zeus, did she showed something new? Nope, still she keep using Zeus with basic thunder;
4. Was "fighting" Ulti, do we get any char progressionoe decelopment? Her battle was skipped, she defeated her opponent with basic lightening;
From other hand Nami have a lot of screen time, for fanservice mostly.
Either way goes for Sanji, Chopper etc
Sanji who never used armored haki, while in anime it was showed.
This author don't care about readers, don't care about his own heroes. Why you introduced so many main characters as main crew, if they played role of old furniture in yours manga.
Tabatha Black Clover>>>>>One Piece in terms of fights, character development, and even story. Oda's story just keep repeating itself in each arc, like conveyor.
Oda is trash, and he proved that in Wano.
Right now there is no chances even forblast arc be different, case his SH are useless and not need characters, that will still survice case of ass pull plot that made em immortal.

But ofc if I talked about Nami, let me make comparison to Tabatha's Noelle:
1. After time skip she was thrown into major battle against enormous strong Villain, was fighting on her limits;
2. Receive new power up - water spirit, Ultimate magic
3. Bam rematch between her and that villain, again pushed on her limits, fight continue
This is example how author can care about his heroes, or turn his characters into fanservice slut

Oda is nothing but Trash as author, case story can't live if characters are dead.
Cute baby , you are so adorable ,Asta is the best mc ever, he want to protect everyone ❤️ , you are so cute

I think the only one I might like more complexively is Akira Toriyama. But Oda is in prime age is hardly beatable personally. At least according to my own personal experience for the manga I have read.

I think the only one I might like more complexively is Akira Toriyama. But Oda is in prime age is hardly beatable personally. At least according to my own personal experience for the manga I have read.
Guys, you should stop really...
Oda's story was great in terms of adventure of whole crew, but his character development right now lose to Tabatha easily.
Plus his story telling losed to Jun Mochizuki with her "Pandora Hearts"
His art style lose to Miura
While overall Oda lose to Hoshino Katsura in terms of plot, characters and art style and to Jun Mochizuki ofcourse, like just look on this:

Or Jun with her Pandora Hearts:

Guys, you should stop really...
Oda's story was great in terms of adventure of whole crew, but his character development right now lose to Tabatha easily.
Plus his story telling losed to Jun Mochizuki with her "Pandora Hearts"
His art style lose to Miura
While overall Oda lose to Hoshino Katsura in terms of plot, characters and art style and to Jun Mochizuki ofcourse, like just look on this:

Or Jun with her Pandora Hearts:
I admit I have not read many series in my life so I made sure to specify according to my personal experience only factoring what I went through. One day I might read / watch a series flabbergasting enough to make me recalculate my previous statement I guess.

I admit I have not read many series in my life so I made sure to specify according to my personal experience only factoring what I went through. One day I might read / watch a series flabbergasting enough to make me recalculate my previous statement I guess.
Well, I have to say, that D.Gray Man is still ongoing and it realesed 2004 year(there is anime, but a lot of fillers actually killed it, so I can't reccoment it unless if you skip all fillers, but then again there is cencorship so...
Pandora hearts manga 2006 year, finished like in 2013 or like that, there is also anime, but I wouldn't reccomend it, case it have different ending than in manga.
And yes you should really watch other stuff man.
Oda has potential to be great mangaka, but he losed it...
And you can't compare him to Hoshino(D.Gray Man author) who has healthy problems, that even can't write at all, it's killing her, but she still going in, and release one chapter in three month(right now) with beatiful art work, and that gray atmosphere that her readers love