Speculations Is Queen down for good?

Is the fight over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if it is over zoro vs. king will be the only good fight in this entire raid beside the kaido fights. it is the only fight where the enemy feels imposing. this one was going fine until sanji unlocked his exoskeleton and then nothing could hurt him anymore.
Nah, if anything if Queen is down like this I'm starting to shit bricks thinking about ZvK, Oda might decide to throw everything down the drain and end it next chapter as well. :josad:

High chance at best one more chapter, but the end looked like a finisher, Sanji chaining attacks then finishing with the ultimate, title is Sanji vs Queen and it kinda reminds me of how he finished previous opponents
Post automatically merged:

Nah, if anything if Queen is down like this I'm starting to shit bricks thinking about ZvK, Oda might decide to throw everything down the drain and end it next chapter as well. :josad:
Yeah if Queen is defeated next 1/2 chapters King is probably gonna be beaten too, and someone pointed out Oda probably wants to end this volume with the Calamities defeat.

I think so. This seems like the finishing blow, may be a bit anti-hye for Sanji to hit Queen with a upgraded version of Diable Jambe just for Queen to still have enough in the tank to continue the fight. Would seem repetitive of Queen getting up from Hell’s Memory with minor injuries.

That being said, I would prefer it if there is another chapter just so Queen can show some combat applications related to his moniker. Right now, he just basically seems like a copycat of the various other cyborgs (Pacifistas, Germa) with some gimmicks related to his fruit.

Queen is not going down right now.

He hasnt used reiju's poison pink attack that is his real signature move because he is called plague for a reason.

Not satisfied with the fight and oda likes to hype in this panel. This very well seems like done, In reality he was not completely focused on the fight instead had gone after Geisha partner so he was not taking sanji seriously. Thats the gist i got .

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Didn't know we had a thread for this, so posted about it in the chapter discussion
Great chapter! Queen is arguably the most versatile combatant in the series. Legitimately one of my favorite antagonists. Amazing Gags, Ancient Zoan Versatility, Tech Genius, Plagues, MADS lore.... he's got it all!

I'm having a hard time buying the battle's resolved. Choreographically, it reads like a pre-climax battle chapter. Even though, from a characterization standpoint, the battle's conclusion's been reached. One of my beloved characterization techniques is forcing a character into believing he'd abandoned his life long values. It didn't matter whether Sanji actually attacked Osome or not, he accepted that he did. In turn forcing him to navigate the complexities of his code. His self sacrificing kindness, personal ancestry contempt and pervertedness have always been at odds with his loyalty to the crew. His character truly shines when he's coerced into the eye of the storm of said conflict. Character wise, this has probably been his best fight outside of his "fight" with Luffy.

Combat wise, Ifrit Jambe is a fantastic concept that could've been done more extravagantly. It looked good, and is a much needed power up for Sanji, but I believe it needed to be a little more elaborate. It lacked the usual dynamic Oda "punch" for new techniques. Either way, since I believe the fight's not concluded, I'm optimistic it'll be better showcased next chapter.

Also, Sanji has amazing speed feats. He went invisible to save Chiffon in WCI, and the same here. It's sad the wank wars create "SANJI CoC LIKE ZORO WHEN?!!11?!!" zombies that are incapable of enjoying what their favorite actually achieves. Cause it's damn good!

if it is over zoro vs. king will be the only good fight in this entire raid beside the kaido fights. it is the only fight where the enemy feels imposing. this one was going fine until sanji unlocked his exoskeleton and then nothing could hurt him anymore.
Zoro vs King is going to be underwhelming too I’m afraid.

Im pretty sure Zoro’s just gonna figure out his ability in a chapter and one shot him. Just like how he one shot Mr. One.