Speculations Is Queen down for good?

Is the fight over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No idea honestly.

The thing that lack here imo is the usual shonen scene were antagonist try something on the protagonist and it miserably failed then the protagonist have a clear upper hand and overpowered the antagonist.

Here Sanji just attack an unfocus Queen. Sanji never really overpowered Queen in a direct clash like he did in the Mr2 fight or the Jabura fight.

Now maybe Oda will not not follow this road with this fight and it is over.

It is hard to say, really.
I think this post was overlooked, because it's true. Look at every other one piece fight for the protagonists. In nearly every single fight, the villain does 1 final attack before being taken out. Just do this with Wano:

- Ulti was about to attack Nami before losing
- WsW used multiple attacks that couldn't break Jinbe before getting wrecked
- Sasaki used a last resort and got outclassed by Franky
- Black Maria used her fire and was about take out Robin if she didn't use her Fishman Karate move on the roof.
- Jack and Peros had attacked Inu/Neko (off screen unfortunately...) before losing.

Then just compare to Queen... the last thing he does to Sanji is Winch Queen. After this he gets hit twice, then focuses on something else while being invisible.

I for one don't believe it's over because of this. Seems way to anticlimactic, even when you compare it to the F6 fights.

Queen is literally not fighting Sanji on those last pages. It would be highly unsatisfactory if Sanji wins this way. Sure he got a powerup, but Queen was focused on the oiran, not Sanji here.

He’s not done nor is he losing next chapter. The fight will be dragged out even more in my opinion past this volume. This is just the last chapter we will focus on the fight for a while
This would be a first for Oda, I'm not sure. He's never done a vs chapter that hasn't actually ended the fight within 1-3 chapters after specifying it.

So imo, he'll go down next chapter. If he miraculously survives to 1036, I wouldn't complain either though.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
There are only 2 Chapters left for this Volume & usually Last Chapter of Volume teases the content of upcoming Volume, not continue on Current One. So Queen Fight should be over by now & next Chapter will be about King's Defeat
I think there's too much left to wrap up Zoro vs King in a single chapter.

Thinking about it I don’t think so.

Queen’s final moves being himself copying Germa attacks doesn’t make any sense. Queen considers Judge below him.
Isn't the ability to replicate all Vinsmoke powers how Sanji proved his superiority Judge?
I really hope not, I hope to see at least one more chapter of Sanji vs Queen.

I still want to see Queen use his plague weapons against Sanji, if he is truly down then that would be the only major disappointment in the Sanji vs Queen fight.
I'd prefer Queen using his plagues on himself to surpass his limits. Kind of like the ice oni version.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Nah, if anything if Queen is down like this I'm starting to shit bricks thinking about ZvK, Oda might decide to throw everything down the drain and end it next chapter as well. :josad:
Zoro vs King is going to be underwhelming too I’m afraid.

Im pretty sure Zoro’s just gonna figure out his ability in a chapter and one shot him. Just like how he one shot Mr. One.
History is not on your side as far as Zoro's main fights go.

Oda has generally kept them satisfying. Even when Sanji's own fights were underwhelming (compare Sanji vs Absalom to Zoro vs Ryuma).

All the plot points are done. Even made Sanji talk about how he was not the one to hit that woman.

Legit only reason to assume Queen might get up is Poison Pink. But even then, the Germa ability plot-line was to show Sanji destroying those who terrorized and bullied him in childhood; his brothers. Reiju was kind to him and cared for him, no narrative need there.

I'd say it's 70/30, right now. In terms of whether Queen is down or not, respectably.
Also, Queen said "Judge's sons", not "Judge's children".

I agree with the rest.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
@Paperchampion23: it looks like a finisher attack. In fact, It looks exactly like other Strawhat finishers that we've seen in Wano.

Jimbe vs Who's Who:

Franky vs Sasaki:

Sanji vs Queen:

I'd love for Queen to stand up and then power himself up with some monstrous plague that surpasses even the Ice Oni.

I think that's nothing but hopium though. The narrative of the fight was fully resolved in this chapter.

@Paperchampion23: it looks like a finisher attack. In fact, It looks exactly like other Strawhat finishers that we've seen in Wano.

Jimbe vs Who's Who:

Franky vs Sasaki:

Sanji vs Queen:

I'd love for Queen to stand up and then power himself up with some monstrous plague that surpasses even the Ice Oni.

I think that's nothing but hopium though. The narrative of the fight was fully resolved in this chapter.
Only thing one can argue is that unlike Jinbe/Franky, it didn't show Sanji's victorious face in the end lol

Was Jimbe's victorious face shown?

The complaint made for Who's Who was that we didn't see his defeated face, and it ended up being a nonsense excuse.
They showed it in 1022. It still happened just later.

Hence why any arguement about Queen's fate works. He might be down in 1035, he might not.
Post automatically merged:

Jimbe vs Who's Who:

Franky vs Sasaki:

Sanji vs Queen:

It's not a good example, those other fights had the villains doing final attacks on Jinbe and Franky. Queen is literally distracted by the oiran.

And people said the same thing about 1031 which is kind of funny. It looked pretty climactic too, even if it didn't resolve plotwork. The point is, previous examples can't really be used to determine anything.

He can get up next chapter, or he stays down and nobody can prove otherwise until it happens

@Cinera

Look at Franky VS Fukuro

This was the conclusion of Chapter 404 with the VS title. It very much could have also just been this one chapter alone. It resolves the entire little feud Franky and Fuku had with each other. It showed that he outclassed Fuku in that moment. You get Fuku's unconscious face AND Franky's badass dialogue and closeup.

And yet....fight continues in chapters 405 and 406.

Yes, you could 150% right and the fight could be over, I'm just pointing out that there really aren't "rules" to what constitutes a villain getting up or not. The F6 could have gotten up again, but they didn't because Oda felt that what they showed was enough to defeat them. Does he feel the same way about Queen? We can't know until we see how next chapter starts/ends.

@Cinera

Look at Franky VS Fukuro

This was the conclusion of Chapter 404 with the VS title. It very much could have also just been this one chapter alone. It resolves the entire little feud Franky and Fuku had with each other. It showed that he outclassed Fuku in that moment. You get Fuku's unconscious face AND Franky's badass dialogue and closeup.

And yet....fight continues in chapters 405 and 406.

Yes, you could 150% right and the fight could be over, I'm just pointing out that there really aren't "rules" to what constitutes a villain getting up or not. The F6 could have gotten up again, but they didn't because Oda felt that what they showed was enough to defeat them. Does he feel the same way about Queen? We can't know until we see how next chapter starts/ends.
bro stop
u got bodied with wsw
u gonna get bodied with Lueen to
he s done