General & Others Is this the same man who wrote Fishman Island?

The very arc in which they say you shouldn't push your hatred onto the children.

The same arc in which they show what discrimination could do to a race

Now it's suddenly ok for the wano citizens to do it.
Isn't it the same discrimination that lead to Orochi and Kanjuro taking over wano

Guess when it's the good guys doing it everything's fine
:milaugh:

Last edited:
The Fishman Island flashbacks are probably my favorite in One Piece, and also one of my favorite approaches to themes of racism and generational cycles of hatred and pain.

I know it's a joke to say that Oda got replaced at some point during Wano, but I'd LOVE to know what actually went on behind the scenes, because many of these problems don't happen without last minute cuts and changes. Oda clearly set up that the Kurozumi were unjustly persecuted for the sins of their ancestors, and everything pointed towards this being resolved by the end of the arc, likely by revealing that Tama was a Kurozumi all along. Instead we got this lol

I think we need to see it by what it is

In fact, Oda might be trying to give us a history lesson or something :suresure::suresure:

Well, it is still weird the fact Oda was willing to contradict things he established before, specifically because we wouldn't expect Hyiori and the people of Wano to think like that, as it was something to be legitemately proud of, when it clearly isn't but it is still treated as it was.

In fact, Oda might be trying to give us a history lesson or something :suresure::suresure:

Well, it is still weird the fact Oda was willing to contradict things he established before, specifically because we wouldn't expect Hyiori and the people of Wano to think like that, as it was something to be legitemately proud of, when it clearly isn't but it is still treated as it was.
Bait Piece
:josad:

What? Orochi had a part in killing her parents, tried to kill her young friend and overall made her life a living hell. Of course she's going to hate Orochi.

Wano is supposed to be a reference to Japan

Is Oda trying to parallel how he sees a chapter of the Japanese history? :quest:

I mean, Japan did some fucked up stuff in the past (during wars especially), some consider than to be just as bad as the N4z1s, or even worse (by "them" i mean the Government specifically, but it eventually ends up affecting the way a society thinks and its culture anyway, to some extent)

:quest:
Post automatically merged:

What? Orochi had a part in killing her parents, tried to kill her young friend and overall made her life a living hell. Of course she's going to hate Orochi.
She didn't said "Orochi", but the Kurozumi as a whole

They were already being persecuted by the people of Wano for whatever reason

To the point this was used as the main source of fuel to Orochi and Kanjuro's build ups as villains

In a shocking turn of events, a people who had their entire country turned into a polluted wasteland and routinely starved to death because of a man's grudge have a less then ideal opinion of said man after his death.

Who would have thought?
Yeah she has every right to hate orochi.
But going full discrimination against the clan that had just ruled wano because of said discrimination is just fucking retarded.
And if tama turns out to be a kurozumi
:jay-yeah:

Last edited:
Yeah she has every right to hate orochi.
But going full discrimination against the clan that had just ruled wano because of said discrimination is just fucking retarded.
And if tama turns out to be a kurozumi than oda is just gonna look silly.
I would find it rather unrealistic for the people of Wano to lament the unfair treatment that Orochi got as a kid from a select few of the population when he did everything he could to torment everyone.

Maybe it's not a nice thing, but it's also surprising realistic.