Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
I considered this....but unless one piece continues in a sub series its end will be definitive.

Not a fan of it but Oda so far has been giving this message.

About pirates.....ask yourself why there are pirates on a major scale ?
Who or what prompted this?
Idk all i know oda made pirates synonymous with freedom romance and adventure at this point with luffy
And i cant see oda every ending that

Idk all i know oda made pirates synonymous with freedom romance and adventure at this point with luffy
And i cant see oda every ending that
You don't know?
:pepeke:

Oda would not be ending that in fact he will awarding that desire by making the world free so anyone can go into an adventure and be free.

Luffy wants that and also wants ppl to do that .

The piracy appeared cuz the oppression of the WG.

Well Wano isn't "Zoro's arc" like how Oda said WCI was Sanji's but we're 66 chapters into the arc and zoro is involved in as many plot points as Luffy and has the most screen time outside luffy.

I mean yourself begin the post by saying "we're ball deep".

Well let me ask, who outside of Luffy has the most shit going on? Is it not Zoro?
law?

I know
I believe all the yonko will be defeated by the end and stop being as important once they all fall leading way for the new gen of pirates to rise
And yes while teach is technically kinda both i think again like the yonko he'll fall
The SHs will only defeat Kaido or BM too at best.

Then BB will kill Shanks and Luffy kill BB in return. :cheers:

Well BB is something closer to Xebect as we know .

I doubt he will fall as mere Yonko.

Story wise he will acomplish more than Xebect before his demise.
He definitely has xebec ties but he also has the obvious whitebeard ties
Their are obviously gonna be some parallels but at the end of the day they different characters (unless that one theory is right...)

I doubt teaches crew is ever gonna be as big and impressive and his and that luffy will tag team him

He also is more than your average yonko because unlike the rest he actually has a chance at the one piece and being one of if not the strongest person ever

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
The point of the arc is why the characters want to beat Kaido and Orochi. That's the heart of it, and it's why Kid and Law aren't as important as people are saying.

Why is Luffy fighting Kaido? Because Luffy's been fighting him since he punched Caesar in the face.
Regardless, Law is the catalyst to this entire post timeskip Saga, starting from when he destroyed the SAD factory. Kaidou has had his eyes on both Luffy and Law since then.

Law is a key player here whether he likes it or not, since he started this whole thing, he has to see through to its end, Kaidou himself will make sure of it.

@OP
If by his arc you're strictly talking from a final battle perspective, likely not (Kidd and Law will always be highlighted as leading this generation alongside Luffy, that's just how it is).

Aside from that Zoro's already arguably had the most focus with some of the biggest key players in Wano. Direct link to Oden (the most important figure behind this arc) through his blades, the royal damsel in distress in this arc is Hiyori (the Vivi, Rebecca of this arc), Yasu etc. Zoro is and has been a focal point of this arc. Even Luffy himself is being outdone by Zoro in this department.

He definitely has xebec ties but he also has the obvious whitebeard ties
Their are obviously gonna be some parallels but at the end of the day they different characters (unless that one theory is right...)

I doubt teaches crew is ever gonna be as big and impressive and his and that luffy will tag team him

He also is more than your average yonko because unlike the rest he actually has a chance at the one piece and being one of if not the strongest person ever
I mean BB is just about to make his first move as an official Yonko.

I would not discard anything with him it would be dumb to do so.

The next storm only places Luffy and BB and such event must surpass the previous one ( Roger and Xebec) .
Be ready.

You don't know?
:pepeke:

Oda would not be ending that in fact he will awarding that desire by making the world free so anyone can go into an adventure and be free.

Luffy wants that and also wants ppl to do that .

The piracy appeared cuz the oppression of the WG.
Whether they call it piracy eos or not is not gonna stop bad people from traveling the seas and doing bad things

Either way freedom has its cost especially in world as dangerous as one piece. Doubt the story gonna end with world peace and a happily ever after. With only good people going out on adventures with no marines needed

The world government is gonna be takin down and reconstructed but its its likely still gonna be necessary. At least the marines and prison part

Whether they call it piracy eos or not is not gonna stop bad people from traveling the seas and doing bad things

Either way freedom has its cost especially in world as dangerous as one piece. Doubt the story gonna end with world peace and a happily ever after. With only good people going out on adventures with no marines needed

The world government is gonna be takin down and reconstructed but its its likely still gonna be necessary. At least the marines and prison part
I never said Marines will be not needed.

The marine will be cleansed from the corruption of the WG and will work as usual.

Bad people will travel true but remember that now there will be a pirate King now( remember Shiki words about Roger).

Think twice.....would Luffy allow murderers and savages sail as pirate King.
(Unless you expect Oda to do a 180° with several character personalities this will happen)

Plus we are talking about the end of series there's no loose ends.

Go check how Shonems end....

I never Marines will be not needed.

The marine will be cleansed from the corruption of the WG.

Bad people will travel true but remember that now there will be a pirate King.

Think twice.....would Luffy allow murderers and savages sail as pirate King.

Plus we are talking about the end of series there's no loose ends.
I dont see luffy out here policing people unless they try hurting people he cares for
Like his future territories most likely

The policing is for the marines to do for better or worse. Tho its definitely gonna be better than before

Honest dont see an end to piracy after luffy becomes pirate king and the wg goes down.

As you said luffy "as pirate king". People are still gonna wanna be pirate just because of luffy

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Did Roger even given the title WSS? mihawks sees himself inferior to WB
mihawk should really get past Vista first who's WB's subordinate:myman:
Lmao stop with the mental gymnastics
No he wasnt given the title, none of the titles existed at that time as far as we know. Doesnt change that no other swordsman was above Roger and thus WSS=WSM...
When did Mihawk see himself inferior to WB? When he noticed that WB's strength declined and decided to test him?
Why should Mihawk get past Vista? To be a good dog of WG? Gintoki-kun, Shichibukais are way too smart to do what you expect from them.

No he wasnt given the title, none of the titles existed at that time as far as we know. Doesnt change that no other swordsman was above Roger and thus WSS=WSM...
When did Mihawk see himself inferior to WB? When he noticed that WB's strength declined and decided to test him?
Why should Mihawk get past Vista? To be a good dog of WG? Gintoki-kun, Shichibukais are way too smart to do what you expect from them.
Yeah mihawk sees himself inferior to OldBeard and any mental gymnastcis you do you can't change that
mihawk easily get past Mr.1 whats stoping him from getting past Vista:kayneshrug:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Yeah mihawk sees himself inferior to OldBeard and any mental gymnastcis you do you can't change that
mihawk easily get past Mr.1 whats stoping him from getting past Vista:kayneshrug:
Where does he sees himself as inferior to WB because it cant be found anywhere in raw translations?
What stops Mihawk from going past Vista... Let's see... Maybe the plot armor that says no MC will be killed today? Even if he went past Vista, someone else would stop him regardless because killing MC aint gonna happen. You cant figure that on your own?

Regardless, Law is the catalyst to this entire post timeskip Saga, starting from when he destroyed the SAD factory. Kaidou has had his eyes on both Luffy and Law since then.

Law is a key player here whether he likes it or not, since he started this whole thing, he has to see through to its end, Kaidou himself will make sure of it.
Yes, Law has to be here. But he's also seen a dramatic reduction in screen time and plot importance since the Punk Hazard days, because Law's grudge against Doflamingo was way more important to his character arc than his attempt to take down Kaido.

Kin'emon and Momonosuke are really just as much a catalyst to the post timeskip as Law. And unlike him, they're the ones that really matter in Wano. In essence, their role in Wano is what Law's was in Dressrosa. Take Law out of the series, and Luffy still pretty much follows the exact same path- fights Caesar, that puts him at odds with Doflamingo and Kaido

Now, this doesn't mean that Oda's just going to throw Law (and Kid) to the side. They'll obviously do something here. You can at least guarantee they'll get a chance to fight Kaido. But ultimately there's more to the series than just fighting. The two of them have been pretty much sidelined so far. If they do fight Kaido, well, this is no Doflamingo. Oda hasn't built up a huge, personal grudge between Kaido and the two Worst Gen kids, it's Oden's lot that got the thirteen chapters long flashback. For all Kaido has ranted about Luffy and Law... he didn't really give a fuck when Law was in his grasp. He had the bigger fish with Luffy, so he just left Law for next time. So even with them trying to fight Kaido, there's very little suggesting they'll actually even do as much as Law accomplished against Doflamingo.

When it comes down to it, I just can't see past the end of WCI, where Oda catapulted Luffy past Kid and Law. It's very hard for me to consider them serious factors in taking down Kaido when Oda has propelled Luffy so far in front of them, and then ignored them for most of the arc. I really don't expect any more from them than getting a fight against someone else (Apoo and Hawkins maybe), winning that, jumping in the fight against Kaido when Luffy's in a pinch, getting a good hit in then getting blasted aside by him as hype. Which incidentally, I also think will happen to Zoro- difference being, Zoro's actually been involved in the rest of the arc and will be involved in getting rid of Orochi to boot.

End of the day, when Dressrosa finished Oda gave Luffy and Law equal bounties. They were only thirty million above Kid then, who'd been above them before. Back then, they all made sense as being rivals of a kind, even though we knew Luffy was a wee bit in front at least. End of Wano, really don't see Oda treating them with that parity.

I feel when Oda hyped WCI as Sanji's arc. He meant it as we know more about Sanji and his past. It had nothing to do with shining the most or being the most impressive.....as he was outshined by people like Brook and Nami. It was just that he would be the most developed.

Zoro has no promises but this is an arc of swordsman. This is his last chance to show how much of a fighter he is. If he flops, its over for him as a character.
Not really He got fighting feats even more than anyone else beside Luffy, but theme was about more on character than fighting to take down someone. The arc was fine as it is and current arc is showing more his fighting capabilities as it's more battle-theme in it's core. Sanji has been shining last arc and current arc, so Idk what you mean there.

Wano is definitely not Zoro's arc especially Oda use Zoro as hype tool for 4 of his fights and had him faint in the end on one of them. The fanbase overhype what was never true and been given hard Ls over situation since Oda never stated it's about Zoro which is not true as it's about many people even more important than him which is Wano truly about.

well we have some Broken Promise in Wano Like
Zoro gathering Samurai
Frankys Anti Kaido Weapon
Strong Samurai Even Akainu Hyped Samurai and we Didn't See any Strong Samurai in Orochi Side only Strong Samurai in Current Wano are Asura, Denjiro and Maybe Kawamatsu and Honestly even 3 of them Together arn't any thing more than mid diff for Kizau (he don't need to fight Full Power)

Personally i didn't Expect to See any Relation Between zoro and Wano More than Shusui Plot Line but i want Epic Fight Between Zoro and Strong Samurai But we don't have Any Strong Samurai in enemy Part

Zoro Still have some unsolved Plot Line in Wano Like:
Yasu/Orochi Plot line (Yasu's Revenge)
Hiyori and Enma Plot Line
Shusui and Ryuma Plot Line
and possibly Shimotsuki Relation Plot line and Nidai Plot line (for some reason zoro forget that he want to see Nidai)
if oda Focus on this Plot line and get zoro 1 or 2 Epic Fight Wano Can be Zoros Arc more than other Character Expect Luffy but whit one piece Current pacing i don't Hope that much he solved many important Plot Line just in 2 chapter with few panel so Probably he won't Focus on this Plot Line

Dont remember. But its not like I take Sanji seriously anymore anyways. Hes fights are pretty much worthless because of the RS. Once he loses it and gets fights, then I will take him seriously.

You dont understand how different it is for both of them. It wasnt like Sanji was ever in a Martial Arts Arc...on the other hand this is the best arc for Zoro. And if he doesnt do anything of note, then he might as well be forgotten.
Not really. Sanji has serious fights. Idk what you talking about. RS doesn't affect or change how he fights as he always Black Leg Style. Disappointed you said that as issue is that his fights are interrupted and conclusion at times. It doesn't take away serious clashes and opponents he beaten thus far. You shouldn't stop caring for character on that when he got better performance compare to man who was legit hype tool in his last 4 fights abd even fainted. It's truly not bad compare Zoro gotten. Sanji beaten credible threats on his side already and continue to face them.