Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
Luffy is the only one that has had panel time than Zoro. But continue reading your two piece.
Nah others had more panel time then him. You ignoring even flashback that lasted so many chapters? Nice Headcannon. Zoro is barely above some of Alliance members with panels and the ones I mention aren't those.

Take your Two-Piece book away from from touching Goda's One Piece. Trash shouldn't be affiliated with Diamonds.

Nah others had more panel time then him. You ignoring even flashback that lasted so many chapters? Nice Headcannon. Zoro is barely above some of Alliance members with panels and the ones I mention aren't those.

Take your Two-Piece book away from from touching Goda's One Piece. Trash shouldn't be affiliated with Diamonds.
Nah. You seem to be combining all of the other characters panels together, which in that case I agree.

I'm talking about Wano since this thread is talking about Wano. Oda separated Zoro from everyone else and gave him his own subplot and adventure. But nice try.

Nah. You seem to be combining all of the other characters panels together, which in that case I agree.

I'm talking about Wano since this thread is talking about Wano. Oda separated Zoro from everyone else and gave him his own subplot and adventure. But nice try.
Zoro been with everyone than by himself. He never had solo panels without other Canon characters around. Nice Headcannon. There was still to his side on his journey, but that isn't enough compare to the others with their own panels and moments.

At this point it's being foreshadowed, bec we wasted 1-2 years on a sanji arc where his highlight was baking a cake and luffy was getting the main fights a lot of people including myself believed wano would have more focus or at least more of a backstory for zoro, but that has not happened. Like most people my prediction is Zoro will get his fight with king and blacken enma is my prediction.

Zoro been with everyone than by himself. He never had solo panels without other Canon characters around. Nice Headcannon. There was still to his side on his journey, but that isn't enough compare to the others with their own panels and moments.
There are always canon characters around other characters. Luffy has never had a point he didn't have canon characters around him.

Once again I'm talking about Wano. If you are talking about Law time in DR then that is completely different since Law was focused on heavily in that arc just like how Zoro is in Wano. Unlike DR, Wano is not over.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Take Law out of the series, and Luffy still pretty much follows the exact same path- fights Caesar, that puts him at odds with Doflamingo and Kaido
Don't necessarily disagree with the rest but this is a massive overstatement/ underselling of Law's role. The narrative is clear. Law literally started this.

Essentially that page is hyping the war that is about to occur in Wano. Idk about rivalry (if it exists, it's not serious), nor can I say how things play out if you remove him from the story (we're looking at a completely rewritten post skip), what we do know is that he's pretty much been the face of this whole Kaidou saga. This is the concluding act of that saga.

Also, while the whole Kidd situation might not have years worth of buildup or foreshadowing so it can come off cheaper from a storytelling pov, when you really look at it realistically, Kidd has even more of a reason to be angry at Kaidou than Luffy. You're downplaying the whole Kamizou smile situation. To put things into perspective, imagine if that was Zoro instead of Killer, that would arguably be the biggest, most emotionally taxing event to happen in Luffy's career aside from Ace's death. You also have Apoo one of Kaidou's underlings doing double agent work, bringing him to their base. Even if the writing around it lacks the slow buildup, Kidd has even greater reasons than Luffy to target Kaidou. Luffy's beef is hardly as direct.

reported for off topic post which adds nothing to the discussion :coffee:.

Last edited:
Don't necessarily disagree with the rest but this is a massive overstatement/ underselling of Law's role. The narrative is clear. Law literally started this.
He did have a big role in starting the war, can't argue with that.

But the thing is, he did it for a reason- to end Doflamingo. And that reason is done. And since then, I don't think it's any surprise that Law hasn't been anywhere near important or prominent as he was back in the Punk Hazard/Dressrosa days
what we do know is that he's pretty much been the face of this whole Kaidou saga.
See, while you think I've been underselling Law's role, I saw this is overselling it.

He was the face, if you want to put it that way, of Punk Hazard and Dressrosa. Since then, he's been totally overshadowed by the Red Scabbard plot line. He barely did anything on Zou, just sort of... sat back and let Luffy enter him into an alliance with the Scabbards. Neither were in WCI, but the Scabbards at least had Pedro vaguely representing them with his talk about the Dawn. And on Wano itself all he's really done is have an ongoing fight with Hawkins and get pissed at the Strawhats, while all the other plots revolve around Oden's legacy.
You're downplaying the whole Kamizou smile situation. To put things into perspective, imagine if that was Zoro instead of Killer, that would arguably be the biggest, most emotionally taxing event to happen in Luffy's career aside from Ace's death. You also have Apoo one of Kaidou's underlings doing double agent work, bringing him to their base.
I'm downplaying it because Oda's gave me hardly any reason to care. Killer is the Zoro to Luffy's Kid, but Oda's barely shown them interact. Their fight with Kaido was offpanelled. We haven't seen any of their history together. The tragedy of Killer being forced to laugh means nothing to me, because Oda never showed us any of his past, he just has Kid tell us about it. Kid and Killer are a glorified Bellamy and Sarquiss with how little they've done so far.

This lack of attention he's given Kid, compared to the bonanza Oden flashback, just leaves his grudge feeling weak and hollow. Hell, we don't even know what happened to his crew, do we? Cause Oda hasn't bothered to tell us, we don't even know if it's important or not.

Funny you should mention Apoo though, cause I actually am more invested in seeing Kid fight him. It's not much, but at least from Saobody, to Punk Hazard, to the betrayal, we've seen that the two really don't like each other. If anyone's going to fight Apoo, Kid's got first dibs there. Whereas with Kaido, eh, he's in the line, but he's nowhere near the front.
Even if the writing around it lacks the slow buildup, Kidd has even greater reasons than Luffy to target Kaidou. Luffy's beef is hardly as direct.
Not really. Sure, Luffy isn't as close to Momo as Kid is to Killer, but when it comes to Kaido's vast list of crimes, forcing Killer to SMILE all the time is pretty low down compared to murdering Momo's parents. Never mind the vast list of crimes Luffy's seen Kaido's men commit since Punk Hazard. Luffy's schtick, that he got from Shanks in chapter one, has always been "beat the shit out of people who upset my friends." And Kaido's been responsible for way more crimes against Luffy's friends than he has to Kid.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
He did have a big role in starting the war, can't argue with that.

But the thing is, he did it for a reason- to end Doflamingo. And that reason is done. And since then, I don't think it's any surprise that Law hasn't been anywhere near important or prominent as he was back in the Punk Hazard/Dressrosa days
Sure, and he doesn't have to be, those were focus arcs especially for Dressrosa, not arguing it will exactly be that way for Wano. But there is a whole saga to conclude properly, after this Law should be out of the main story for a while, expect a proper send off.

See, while you think I've been underselling Law's role, I saw this is overselling it.

He was the face, if you want to put it that way, of Punk Hazard and Dressrosa. Since then, he's been totally overshadowed by the Red Scabbard plot line. He barely did anything on Zou, just sort of... sat back and let Luffy enter him into an alliance with the Scabbards. Neither were in WCI, but the Scabbards at least had Pedro vaguely representing them with his talk about the Dawn. And on Wano itself all he's really done is have an ongoing fight with Hawkins and get pissed at the Strawhats, while all the other plots revolve around Oden's legacy.
That's really 2 of the 3 major arcs in this saga (Zou being a smaller one). With Wano still far from over. If he plays a role in the final battle, he would have been the center of attention in 2 major arcs, and a piece in the finale. There is no other character you can make that case for (aside from Luffy who is the MC). Law fits the bill, he is synonymous with this saga.

I'm downplaying it because Oda's gave me hardly any reason to care. Killer is the Zoro to Luffy's Kid, but Oda's barely shown them interact. Their fight with Kaido was offpanelled. We haven't seen any of their history together. The tragedy of Killer being forced to laugh means nothing to me, because Oda never showed us any of his past, he just has Kid tell us about it. Kid and Killer are a glorified Bellamy and Sarquiss with how little they've done so far.
I expect that to come sooner or later. But that was my point, it doesn't have the groundwork, but objectively looking at it, Kaidou has directly messed with Kidd, more so than Luffy.

Not really. Sure, Luffy isn't as close to Momo as Kid is to Killer, but when it comes to Kaido's vast list of crimes, forcing Killer to SMILE all the time is pretty low down compared to murdering Momo's parents. Never mind the vast list of crimes Luffy's seen Kaido's men commit since Punk Hazard. Luffy's schtick, that he got from Shanks in chapter one, has always been "beat the shit out of people who upset my friends." And Kaido's been responsible for way more crimes against Luffy's friends than he has to Kid.
Issue here is they weren't Luffy's friends, Kaidou never did a lick to them since they became friends with Luffy (you can argue what Jack did on zou, but he wasn't even friends with the minks then, it had nothing to do with Luffy), what was done to them already occurred before Luffy was even born (I almost think Tama exists for this sole purpose to give Luffy some quick current reason to hate on Kaidou).

Kaidou nor Orochi went out of their way to upset or shit on Luffy, the way Kidd was done dirty. Luffy has been mingling in Kaidou's business, not the other way around. Kaidou is reacting to Luffy, Kidd is reacting to Kaidou.

Last edited:
A lack of a Zoro backstory is part of the reason he's my favorite ST, the most mystery surrounds him, we dont know much in depth about his past, nor do we know his true full strength, it's all speculation. Plus he's always been truly loyal to Luffy from the getgo