Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
Ji
Not surprised here at all, don't know why the panel time argument kept being brought up. He was never one to really hog panel time, Nami always felt more consistent in that regard (she's the female lead, so I think it's appropriate anyway). But the difference is negligible compared to Luffy, the EB 4 have always been more or less equals in the grand scheme of things as far as "main characters" and focus go.

Also Wano is such a breath of fresh air, because we're actually following Zoro around for once (almost every step of the way), can't remember the last time that happened, if it did at all.
Everyone has had their own arc right? Except for Zoro... even Jinbei and he wasnt even a SH yet lol. Zoro is the last

Pretty much, it's more or less Zoro's turn. Sanji is the exception atm with 2 character arcs (although I could have done without the 2nd one).
water 7/ennies lobby was kinda Usopp's arc as well. Zoro also had a really big moment in thriller bark.

I guess if any arc is Zoro's, it would be wano kuni. We've got so many ties between Zoro and the shimotsuki clan that I'm sure Oda would make a reveal about Zoro's family by wano's end. however, I feel that in contrast to Sanji, Zoro's parents will end up just being some drunken losers. We'd get this reveal that Koshiro was a shimotsuki instead.

Not surprised here at all, don't know why the panel time argument kept being brought up. He was never one to really hog panel time, Nami always felt more consistent in that regard (she's the female lead, so I think it's appropriate anyway). But the difference is negligible compared to Luffy, the EB 4 have always been more or less equals in the grand scheme of things as far as "main characters" and focus go.

Also Wano is such a breath of fresh air, because we're actually following Zoro around for once (almost every step of the way), can't remember the last time that happened, if it did at all.
Well it's True but Most of Advantage for nami and Sanji is because of WCI Sanji 1040+Panel and nami 770+Panel
also In Dressrosa Nami had 77Panel and sanji 192 Panel

water 7/ennies lobby was kinda Usopp's arc as well. Zoro also had a really big moment in thriller bark.

I guess if any arc is Zoro's, it would be wano kuni. We've got so many ties between Zoro and the shimotsuki clan that I'm sure Oda would make a reveal about Zoro's family by wano's end. however, I feel that in contrast to Sanji, Zoro's parents will end up just being some drunken losers. We'd get this reveal that Koshiro was a shimotsuki instead.
in thriller bark usopp was N1 and Even had more panel than Luffy (160+ More Panel)

i like to see zoros past (also Franky and Brook) most of fan want Strong Samurai as his parent but i don't care about that i just want to see his past and why he want to become strong

Zoro is playing a bit more imp role than he usually do, bt don't know if its enough to call his arc or not.

The story usually revolves arround a character in his arc, bt here Zoro has played a bit of Luffy's role in exploring Wano when the MC was in prison, bt other than that, not much have changed from his role from usual arcs. The plot of him being Shinmotski clan member could have mixed in Zoro more in the story, bt that also don't seem to be true anymore.

The story is still about Oden and Wano borders that will be accomplished when Kozuki clan is restored in Wano aka when Kaidou is defeated.
Orochii might be the face of Wano, bt it is Kaidou that is the main threat of Wano, Otherwise Kyoshiro would have done with Orochii anytime.

This is Yonkou arc, besids the usual story of islands SHs go through, which is very crucial stage for Luffy in his journey to become PK, and the fellow SNs Captain are also gonna win glory in this arc and establish emself a force to be reckon with in NW.

Wouldn't say it's Zoro arc in the normal sense as it's just way too big to be centered around one character.

It is in the sense Zoro will get more focus than usual and most out of sh's (not named Luffy) he will also shine the most withing sh's (again besides Luffy)

Will he get better showing than Kidd who kinda also is up for some shine time? We'll have to find out...but Zoro definitely seems at least more involved in the plot

Because there are so many characters, no way this is Zoro's arc, even though i really wanted it too be. I would consider this more of the arc for Worst Gen, this arc is where they make their mark, we have a majority of them in Wano, Kidd, Law, Luffy, Zoro, Killer, Hawkins, Drake and Apoo

Don't try to change it up now after I have countered your post. There have never been a time in the manga where there are no Canon characters around. Guess what, everything that happens in the manga is canon.

No one said that Wano was going to be only about Zoro, just that Wano would focus alot on him. Guess what, it has. You are just upset that the manga has put a lot of focus on Zoro so you try to downplay him. You claim Zoro has no connections to Oden even though he is using one of Oden's swords, he saved Oden daughter who strongly admire him and he is directly/indirectly training Momo. Momo is even using a word he Zoro picked up from his teacher.

More headcannon, nothing has changed.
You countered nothing with your Two-Piece lol. We can clearly see Zoro isn't important compare to many looking at all the points and just playing smaller role compare to others who be facing Kaido in the long run. He was given sword so not to take Shusui, not because he earned the right for it, so Idk what you mean there. Even Kappa and others didn't want him to take it when it happen. So Zoro didn't earned it unlike Momo who has his father sword and having sword doesn't mean you go after Kaido or he beat him. That is stupid notion Zoro-Fans bring up to force interaction when Zoro is going after Orochi at end of the day with nothing to do about wanting Kaido to himself or anything.

Stop with your dumb headcannons already and be serious when trying to hold up argument, Kid. Using fantasies doesn't make your points right.

I think Zoro is important to Wano. Of course he is. We're surrounded by samurai and sword lore.

But I do not think this is Zoro's arc. Wano has been built to free Wano from Orochi's clutches - not built around Zoro finding out he's the long lost great-great-great-great grandson of Ryuma.

Also: Oda never, ever said this was Zoro's arc, not like he said WCI was built around Sanji.

S

Shura

Its Zoro arc get over it
Nope...you get over it....

first, Oda didn't say anything about "Wano is Zoro arc, like WCI is Sanji arc"
second, Wano didn't revolve around Zoro so far like it revolved around Sanji in WCI
third, every SH and every SN has their role to play in the defeat of Bigmom and Kaido.....and story is not built around Zoro like I said before....irrespective of what Zoro did in his own adventure, the arc has been moved forward without any significant effect on the main story.....

so, yeah...it is not "Zoro specific" arc.....but Zoro is major player in this arc....he will have a major role that will turn the situation potentially in the allies favor...he may becomes MVP of the arc just like Usopp in dressrosa or like Brook in WCI....but it doesn't mean that it is his arc.....Wano is not just land of samurai...it has pirates also....

I think Zoro is important to Wano. Of course he is. We're surrounded by samurai and sword lore.

But I do not think this is Zoro's arc. Wano has been built to free Wano from Orochi's clutches - not built around Zoro finding out he's the long lost great-great-great-great grandson of Ryuma.

Also: Oda never, ever said this was Zoro's arc, not like he said WCI was built around Sanji.
It isn't but all suggests only he has to strenght to tag team Luffy and take on Kaido.

Unless Law/Kidd learn a better haki as per magic. Would be bad writing given Luffy and Zoro trained like pack animals to achieve that.

H

Haoshoku

If he does the second biggest amount of damage to Kaido, yes, he will be the second most relevant character. It's as simple as that. Beating Kaido is the only thing that matters in the long run

This is the most foolish and ludicrous statement I have read on this forum. Since when did being one of the more significant characters in a given arc had anything to do with “doing the second biggest amount of damage” to the big bad? Wut?