Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
Luffy got couple of hits in before Katakuri realized what's happening, sure. From that moment Katakuri dominates the fight, you can see on panels which you posted that Luffy lands 1 hit while Katakuri lands 2. He dances through his Black Mamba and impales him head-on. Diced Mochi wrecked Luffy more than all other Snakeman hits from Luffy combined did to Katakuri. Katakuri kept dominating the fight, it is clear.
Bro seriously what are you reading. Look in thr right corner middle panel. Luffy hits Katakuri in the stomac, the face, and then they both sent each other flying at the sametime. Stop making shit up.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Bro seriously what are you reading. Look in thr right corner middle panel. Luffy hits Katakuri in the stomac, the face, and then they both sent each other flying at the sametime. Stop making shit up.

Luffy got in 1 hit, Katakuri got in 2 hits. What am I reading? What are you reading?

This thread derailed too much.

This isn't Zoro's arc, but at the same time this arc belongs to Zoro since Luffy can't solo Kaido and the Grandmaster is by far the only true valid support he can get. :sabogood:

The fuck would onimaru have done to stop killer killing hiyori
Offer up his flesh when his stamina ran out lol

Killer escaping after Kaido wrecked them was a bonus. It's not like anyone in the prison had a reaction as to how he ended up back in custody.

You say Zoro hasn't been important yet he saved Oden's daughter. The story is written the way it is because Oda wrote it that way.

Based on your way of thinking Oda could have left out WCI and gave Sanji a different background story. He could have created another era to take place of WCI for Big Mom to be mad a Luffy.
It's not a hypothetical argument so much as an exaggerated point to compare to WCI, where the entire plot centered around the Vinsmoke Charlotte marriage. Sanji hit every development checklist and Zoro's role in Wano doesn't compare. WCI was also the third important arc for Jinbe who technically isn't with the crew yet.

Zoro had the shortest recruitment arc and shortest flashback, and his only real follow up was Thriller Bark. Compared to Nami joining and getting Along Park, or Robin joining and getting EL not to mention an obviously big future plot. Zoro has been around the longest and hasn't wavered, so I would hope you're really not trying to disagree that he should have a lot more if this is the "year of Zoro."

He hasn't been important. The problem is that you can even argue taking him out. Luffy and Kiku could have fought Hawkins, Yasu's path was already clear of enemies, Onimaru was already at Ringo if Killer showed up and Kawamatsu eventually surfaced, the fight with Kyoshiro was a wash, Enma and Shusui made an even swap... even if Ryuma shows up Klabautermann style it'll be after the arc.

WCI for comparison falls apart if you exclude Sanji.
Nahh.... Zoro is connected to many plot points this time (first time since ts) but Oda doesn't seem to explore his character for whatever reason...maybe he will a little maybe not but Zoro is gonna be a big part of Wano plot either way

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
This:
You clearly do not understand how FS work.
LoL... It is you who refuses to believe the truth...
Future sight isnt permanent, it is off from the moment of intervention until the next time user re-sees the future.
The benefit in the Snakeman form is very low due to high attack frequency.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Why did you cut the panel. He hit him above too. Bro Your not fouling anyone. First it was he dominated Snakeman, then it was after he relized what snakeman was doimg. Their was no domination in that chapter.
I am not trying to fool you. Katakuri has hit him "up" as well. My cut out proves that Katakuri was landing more hits.
You forgot Katakuri drilling a crater in the ground with Luffy? He was clearly dominating, it is not a debate.
He was never dominated by Snakeman, it took him 2-3 hits to understand what was happening and then he got back to delivering him a beating.

I am not trying to fool you. Katakuri has hit him "up" as well. My cut out proves that Katakuri was landing more hits.
You forgot Katakuri drilling a crater in the ground with Luffy? He was clearly dominating, it is not a debate.
He was never dominated by Snakeman, it took him 2-3 hits to understand what was happening and then he got back to delivering him a beating.
Like i said it was no domination if Snakeman is landing hits too and hurting him. Domination is what Katakuri did in the first half of the fight. Thats dominating somebody.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Like i said it was no domination if Snakeman is landing hits too and hurting him. Domination is what Katakuri did in the first half of the fight. Thats dominating somebody.

d.o.m.i.n.a.t.i.o.n.
Feel free to present anything close to this from Luffy's side who apparently was equal according to you.
Despite pulling a speed form that Katakuri's FS cant fully track(nor Luffy himself) he was still being wrecked.

It is you who refuses to believe the truth...
Sure sure.

Future sight isnt permanent
What do you mean with "isn't permanent"? Future Sight works at the exact same way like regular CoO; subconciously which Luffy was later able to.

it is off from the moment of intervention until the next time user re-sees the future.
Do you remember that conversation between Luffy and Kata - before Luffy went on Snake Man - when each of them exactly knew what the other one is going to tell about?

FS users literally see entire moments in the future in several steps.
That's why they exactly know how someone is going to move at the next moment and thus they can hit them before they move properly.

During the battle, Katakuri also explained the same when fighting Luffy.
If Luffy dodges from right, he'll exactly aim where Luffy is going to dodge.
If Luffy blocks with his arms, Kata is going to aim for the shoulders.

After that Mogura incident, Luffy subconciously dodged Kata's barrage of attacks but when Luffy was going to charge for him, Kata aimed on his legs to prevent this move and thus stopped Luffy's movement.

The benefit in the Snakeman form is very low due to high attack frequency.
No, this is a fallacy.

Snake Man perfectly can scheme the re-direction of his Python - after all, it predicted that Kata was going to dodge the first hit but it redirected its Python and managed to hit Katakuri this time.

This accuracy is a prime example of Snake Man's usage of FS.