Character Discussion Is Yamato a male or female?

Is Yamato a male or female?

• Total voters
Yamato is female...she is not even like Kiku who we can say is transgender. Yamato just pretends to be boy because Oden is male.
And Oda can just add her to his fanservice fetish :whitepress:
Think about it...why is he not doing fanservice with Kiku?
Tits too small

The reason why I've got no complaints about people with genuine reasons is that society isn't yet ready to accept people for what they are, which is why people are generally forced to choose a gender that does not align with their biological sex. I am not gonna speak for everyone, but from what I've seen, if you're a male and act like a woman around men, they consider you wired and talk shit about you behind your back—Some people even attack you directly.

This behavior somehow drastically drops, if the same person were to change his gender and becomes a transwoman. The insults don't magically disappear all of a sudden but they'll decrease significantly and some people will even start sympathizing with you. A person who's used to getting trashed for being what he is would obviously enjoy this change.

I don't think it's the right solution for the issue in the grand scheme of things. But if transitioning is gonna make life less miserable for the person suffering, then I don't see why I should complain.
short term you can say to some extent but how is forcing people who ridicule them for acting slightly feminine to accept them any better

lets face it, this matter is much more convoluted than just merely "oh ye i feel feminine hence i am a woman" there are myriad of things influencing people to think and behave in a certain way.. and just suggesting gender change seems radical

it also show that how worthless people think being either a man or a woman is to the point that they rather opt gender change than educating and helping the person with their dilemmas and promoting them to value what they fundamentally are.

it shows how the society is conditioned to think really.

At the moment, her situation and O-Kiku's one are completely different.
Yamato is just a woman with the mind of a child obsessed by the hero of a book she read over and over for decades. A hero who happens to be a man. She should be helped now that her abusive father isn't there anymore.
When this Oden crap will end, if she still see herself as a guy, I'll be more than willing to consider her a man.