Character Discussion Is Yamato a male or female?

Is Yamato a male or female?

• Total voters
male /māl/ adjective

of or denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa, with which a female may be fertilized or inseminated to produce offspring.

Yamato is not a male

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rock that Soul!!!
I don't give a fuck if you have a penis or a vagina. How you live your life is what matters to me.

I like/love Kiku and Yamato because they're beautiful people to me, inside and out.

I didn't vote. Yamato identifies as female, but her gender is confusing based on the way she's been presented so far (being introduced as Kaido's son, and what-not).

I just don't care. What matters to you? Pronouns? Genitals? Or how people actually treat other people?

I don't think Oda has made the point perfectly, but, to me, with Yamato and Kiku in this arc, Oda is trying to say: "Your gender doesn't matter. Living your life with honor, and being loyal to the people you love, is what matters."

It's sad we're just complaining about the character's genders, rather than respecting them for their efforts.

Your efforts as a person should not have their values changed based on what is between your legs, or what you call yourself. We shouldn't compete to be better than other people. We should compete to surpass ourselves, like Luffy. When Luffy fails, he changes himself, rather than complain about others. That's why I love Yamato: she does the exact same thing. To me, Yamato would live her life with the same zeal if she had a dick, or identified as a man with a vagina, or the other way around.

The entire point of this arc is that how you live your life is more important than the lineage you come from and the labels placed upon you. Oden was a "Foolish Lord" often rejected by his own family, but he died doing everything he could to protect his people. Oda isn't perfect, but he's sure as hell trying to love and appreciate people more than some of the crazy hateful takes I see on here (I appreciate everyone who posts/debates with respect/humor).

I believe Yamato is hardcore tomyshish/yankee style female character. The reason why Kaido refers Yamato as his son. He always wanted son to carry out his own ideas. He was very disappointed he had daughter he raised daughter man growing up.

The people who do claim the idea Yamato being a trans male they refuse to go into detail about the person transition female to male. It does kind bother me how fans could they say something like that. They only they will accept the fact yamato male very little reason behind it. I ask them Do you not want to know where the character might be coming from? Do you not want to know their struggle in terms their transition to other gender that is not their own? Their response is your being transphobic for thinking like that. My response If you want a character relates to your struggle you want see their backstory in terms of where they might be coming from. That relates to your problems how they were able overcome it. I Understand everyone struggle different from others. What am saying you need find similarities to that character that you believe is very similar to you.

Last edited:
Wtf, this again?
She is female until she stops saying "I'm Oden, a man" and say something along the lines "I'm a man and my name is Yamato".
First is Oden -> second is man. The order of the factors does alter the product here.