General & Others Is Zoro the main reason you read One Piece?

Read One Piece for Zoro?

• Total voters
Nah I'm indifferent, it is absolutely the reason I'm came here tho clearly the absolute most mental concentration of zori fans, most of them are cool tho. Also oda kinda written him out for most of the plot points post-ts

Zoro's my goat but no lol
>no you see i hate the series i invest time in I just read so my drawing needs my mental support
absolute state worse than k-pop stans:josad:

Naturally. He’s one of the primary reasons. Not because there isn’t much to dive into in the OP world, but because Oda is largely underwhelming in a lot of areas and he doesn’t give a shit about the rest of the Straw Hats outside of Luffy and Zoro. Nico Robin is one of my fave characters but she has been completely useless since Enies Lobby.

And there are too many side characters. It’s hard to invest in a lot of Oda’s characters, so I might as well look forward to the cool shit Zoro does. At least he still gets some love. Everyone else is fodder to Oda.

Im a Sanji fan but genuinely like both characters.
I personally think they are both more interesting than Luffy and wish Oda would give them slightly more shine (especially Sanji).
I do wish that pre time skip Zoro came back though.
Post skip it feels like he is just an edgy stoic swordsman who can do no wrong.

After timeskip, yes.

Just waiting for the conclusion of Mihawk vs Zoro.

Everything else I've grown indifferent.

Fk. I got so hyped back then with all the development of all the SHP at the time skip.

But after timeskip..

Oda can't even make Sanji shine without being a hypetool next panels he appear.
:pepemotion:

Never cared much for Zoro until everything else started getting worse, where zoro has become one of the few things I still care about in the series.

Originally, I was fully in for the story and especially the villains.
My fav arc is Marineford, where strawhats weren't even a thing.
My most fav characters in the series are all the main arc bosses - Doflamingo, Enel, Rob Lucci, Crocodile.
Was hoping and prepared for Kaido to be the next guy for me, but unfortunately Loda dropped the ball HARD on this character.

So here i am now, lol.
Few things I still care about and look forward to are Zoro, Shanks, Mihawk, Akainu and maybe Blackbeard.

Last edited:
Well at the very beginning I started one piece because I wanted to know what the one piece is. The intro of the anime hyped it up. But then 1000 Chapters happened and we still don‘t know. So I kinda lost interest in knowing what the one piece is.

One Piece became an never ending anime series for me.

Pre Time skip I had my top 3 favs

Zoro/Luffy
Luffy/Zoro
Sanji

I only started liking and wanking zoro the most when nothing happened moment happened. I always loved how zoro was always the voice of reason for luffy and crew. Just like when ussop vs luffy happened for example. He showed his vice captain capabilities there.

Now I only watch one piece for zoro, reason being:

Wano ruined both sanji and luffy for me. Sanji should have stayed an failed experiment being a real human with no super human durability. Why did oda write while cake when he shits on sanji right on the next fucking arc?! Sanji should have become an haki specialized fighter, even an conqueror. He is a prince and has royal blood. He had enough will power to face off his father and deny him. But yeah, oda really hates sanji.

Luffy became invincible with G5. No matter who he faces off with G5 he cannot be hurt seriously at least angainsr brawlers. Oda would never make luffy face off an top tier swordsman and make him lose. He is fucking retardedly obsessed with luffy. He forces him to become an mc who cannot lose due to plot armor. Any good anime has an MC who faces an threat that cannot be defeated alone. Imu will get the gorosei and kizaru treatment unless he is a serious swordsman. Luffy becoming immune to blunt damage is beyond stupid. I can not take any fight of him against a blunt damage type fighter serious anymore.

Im so pissed the only reason I am not dropping one piece is zoro at the moment. And even he disappointed me a lot at least storywise in wano. I wanted to learn about the connection between him ane ryuma. I wanted him to visit his grave. I wanted to know more about his lineage in the anime, not in an fucking sbs.

It doesn‘t need much anymore for me to drop one shit.