Speculations It's Brook! (In Front of Zoro, and who the Gorosei were talking about.)

Bravo this is a splendid theory and a logically palatable one.. unironically brook is the only one who hasn't "trained" in the TS..

btw Grim reapers "guide souls" so it adds to what you say.. the Revive Revive fruit Hahah who would have thought

bravo again
Hasn't trained. Brook utilizes his soul projection and icy chill as extensions of his DF. Meanwhile Nami has vaguely improved as a navigator and is basically the same as a fighter.

Brook hasn't trained, except he came to the Raid with an insanely important power that he didn't tell the crew about. That's the shittiest idea I've read in a while

Hasn't trained. Brook utilizes his soul projection and icy chill as extensions of his DF. Meanwhile Nami has vaguely improved as a navigator and is basically the same as a fighter.

Brook hasn't trained, except he came to the Raid with an insanely important power that he didn't tell the crew about. That's the shittiest idea I've read in a while
why does telling or not telling matter? did sanji tell SHP about his past while he trusted them pre TS?

nah oda wouldn't just let out such a broken ability and exceptionally surprising ability in such an undesirable and underwhelming fashion.. besides brook has other showings to cover this astral form if it really is that, so no one asks of an "improvement" later on

just give the props for his search he did a good job man

why doe telling and not telling matter? did sanji tell SHP about his past while he trusted them pre TS?

nah oda would just let out such a broken ability in such an undesirable and underwhelming fashion.. besides brook has other showings to cover this astral form if it really is that so no one asks of an "improvement" later on

just give the props for his search he did a good job man
Because Sanji's past was irrelevant to them. Oda makes it a point to show Luffy doesn't give a shit about those sort of things almost every time they come up.

But Brook being able to revive an ally is relevant. It's a game changing power for a group of people who go around getting into deadly combat.

I would give props if they weren't wrongheaded storytelling ideas that I can promise you will not come to pass. Oda doesn't want to display such a power in an underwhelming fashion, but brings Zoro back from the dead without even milking the shock value of his death. Lol

Because Sanji's past was irrelevant to them. Oda makes it a point to show Luffy doesn't give a shit about those sort of things almost every time they come up.

But Brook being able to revive an ally is relevant. It's a game changing power for a group of people who go around getting into deadly combat.
sanji's BS was irrelevant until it was and so is brooks SHP never faced a situation where someone is eventually about to die and even then brook doesn't have to tell he just have to do the job hence his ability is introduce.. there are ways oda introduces them and its redundant to argue why brook hasn't told them about it when it was never necessary and given the type of lot they are it would be pretty fruitless especially as an introduction to an ability

Oda doesn't want to display such a power in an underwhelming fashion, but brings Zoro back from the dead without even milking the shock value of his death. Lol
if what Celestial said is factual then and only then oda will go about emphasizing on zoro's condition.. chopper is already worried as a doctor so this is just a beginning of that route

sanji's BS was irrelevant until it was and so is brooks SHP never faced a situation where someone is eventually about to die and even then brook doesn't have to tell he just have to do the job hence his ability is introduce.. there are ways oda introduces them and its redundant to argue why brook hasn't told them about it when it was never necessary and given the type of lot they are it would be pretty fruitless especially as an introduction to an ability

if what Celestial said is factual then and only then oda will go about emphasizing on zoro's condition.. chopper is already worried as a doctor so this is just a beginning of that route
What? Do you remember that Pedro blew up in the arc before this? The crew is tight enough to where they combine attacks... Luffy knew about 108 Pound Cannon, a move from Skypiea, by the time they hit Water Seven. But they're not gonna know that Brook can bring people back from the fucking dead.

Which is what Revive fruit does. It's not from "about to die." Oda would absolutely show us the death in this chapter and revive him after, not backlog something so important.

Chopper's worry pairs with the obvious fact that Zoro can only rely on his own ability to survive the ordeal, and that the only real intervention for the damage he took would be supernatural. CD here has no rational ability to explain Brook being there so extrapolation isn't possible.
Post automatically merged:

another perfect coping thread that everyone will forget in 2 weeks :suresure::kuzanshut:
Oh I won't forget this bullshit. I tried to give them an out, too.

Ok, so here me out, because I have an off the wall speculation that's about to transpire, but it fits so perfectly.

So this recent chapter we have learned that there is a figure that has appeared in front of Zoro, that looks exactly like the Grim Reaper. Suspiciously enough, this figure also happens to look exactly like Brook. Now currently, it doesn't make any sense as to why Brook would be standing in front of Zoro, with a giant Scythe, looking like he is ready to attack him. But what if there is a very plausible explanation to all of this? For that, we are going to have to touch upon a few other plot points.

So lets head back to the very last chapter (Chapter 1037). At the very end of the chapter, we have the Gorosei discussing a specific Devil Fruit that hasn't awakened in centuries. There has been many, many different theories as to what Devil Fruit this could be, but I think Oda gave us the clue at the very end of Chapter 1037 as well. While the Gorosei is discussing the prospect of this Devil Fruit awakening, we get a huge panel of Zunisha appearing off the Shores of Wano. One thing that this scene is reminiscent of, is the huge shadows that we saw on Thriller Bark.

I believe that the Gorosei discussing this specific Devil Fruit, in tandem with a scene reminiscent of Thriller Bark, was a clue that we had to head back to Thriller Bark to find the answer, and man did the answer come. So lets go back to Thriller Bark, shall, to a very specific chapter, discussing a very specific detail that we all have forgotten about. And that is chapter 443, where Brook is explaining his Devil Fruit.

Now in this chapter Brook explains that his Devil Fruit serves one purpose. To revive the user from death, only once. Now on the surface, that's an extremely lackluster ability, to where even Brook said that while he was alive, the only thing the Devil Fruit did, was make him unable to swim.

Seems like a pretty shitty fruit if you ask me, with a terrible payoff. You revive once, can't swim, and that's it. Even after 50 years alone, while on Thriller Bark, Brook still never managed to figure out anything special about his Devil Fruit. The fruit was named the "Revive Revive" fruit, and up until that point, it's only purpose was thought to be bringing the user back to life once. This all changes however, since post timeskip, we've learned that Brook has slowly been starting to be able to do more and more things with his Devil Fruit, that him, nor us, nor the people of the One Piece World thought was possible. This is completely inline with what the Gorosei were saying about this mysterious Devil Fruit that hasn't "Awakened in decades", because even though Brook had the fruit for 50 years, he still couldn't do shit with it, other than revive once.

This also fits inline with the naming of the fruit. The "revive revive" fruit, and the user can only revive once. If it's true name is hidden, then nobody is going to think that there is more abilities the fruit possesses. They eat it. They die. They get revived. They later die again. Nobody tries to explore the fruit any further. Brook however, has broken that cycle. He is now doing things with his Devil Fruit, that goes completely against what we were initially told the Devil Fruit can do.

Now lets fast forward back to the present. So in chapter 1037, we see the Gorosei freaking out over a Devil Fruit out of the blue. In the very next chapter, a "Grim Reaper" is in front of Zoro. A very random scene thrown in there, that doesn't really connect to the rest of the chapter. But I think, that scene is meant to connect to the ending of the previous chapter. The Gorosei gets a report that a "Grim Reaper" has appeared in front of Zoro, and all of a sudden, then next chapter, CP-0's orders were changed from capture Robin, to go after ALL of the Straw Hats. Everything is lining up perfectly.

So that brings us to, what is Brooks ability, and why is he standing in front of Zoro, looking like he's about to attack him. This is going to be a lot of speculating, but again, it fits. So one of the abilities that we've seen Brook be able to use since post timeskip, is the ability to be able to manipulate his own soul. But what if that kind of soul manipulation doesn't just stop at his own soul? What if he can see, and even manipulate the souls of other people? Now I know this borders on the edge of the exact same thing of Big Mom's devil fruit, but we also have to remember, that there are many fruits out there that bare similarities, that Oda has confirmed they are more so lesser/greater versions of each other. Oda has even already gone out of his way to pit Brook against Big Mom, and showcase that he possesses the ability to actually damage her soul based homies. Something, no one else alive can do.

So what is Brook doing in front of Zoro? Well, I think he is saving his life. I think Zoro is basically at the point where his soul is about to leave his body, and Brook can see it. The image we see of the "Grim Reaper" standing in front of Zoro, isn't actually the "Grim Reaper" nor is it Brook in his physical form. It is Brook in is astral. He's there to actually prevent Zoro's soul from leaving his body.

We already know souls leave their bodies once a person dies. We know Brooks devil fruit shows us a soul can be put back into a body, even after death occurs. So why can't the man whose own soul left his body after death, and then re-entered it, do the same for others? This also fills in all those "Death flag" theories that people have been talking about for Zoro for years. In essence, Zoro will have "died" but Brook will have brought his soul back to his body.

It all fits. Way to perfectly to be honest. That would only leave the question as to what else Brook can do with his Devil Fruit, and what is the devil fruit's name?
the gorosei told to go after nico robin :lawsigh:
Post automatically merged:

Oh I won't forget this bullshit. I tried to give them an out, too.
I gona enjoy your slander then :cheers::ihaha:

arc before this? The crew is tight enough to where they combine attacks... Luffy knew about 108 Pound Cannon, a move from Skypiea, by the time they hit Water Seven. But they're not gonna know that Broo
brook was in sugar so he couldn't do shit anyway.. and what is Brook gonna do.. piece pedro together and get the guy his soul, tf lol

it doesn't matter Luffy knows zoro more than he know brook period

Chopper's worry pairs with the obvious fact that Zoro can only rely on his own ability to survive the ordeal, and that the only real intervention for the damage he took would be supernatural. CD here has no rational ability to explain Brook being there so extrapolation isn't possible.
CD is not trying to anticipate what and how exactly oda is going to do things he's just piecing things where it makes sense.. if it happens oda will use reason to explain depending on how he does you'll have the right to critique atm you haven't any grounds to dismiss this theory
all you're doing is trying to make it fit in to the plot you're exposed to with the meager info you have..

which CD doesn't necessarily have to do since thats not even the point of his thread he's just posing a possibility that doesn't contradict to what we know as things stand

brook was in sugar so he couldn't do shit anyway.. and what is Brook gonna do.. piece pedro together and get the guy his soul, tf lol

it doesn't matter Luffy knows zoro more than he know brook period

CD is not trying to anticipate what and how exactly oda is going to do things he's just piecing things where it makes sense.. if it happens oda will use reason to explain depending on how he does you'll have the right to critique atm you haven't any grounds to dismiss this theory
all you're doing is trying to make it fit in to the plot you're exposed to with the meager info you have..

which CD doesn't necessarily have to do since thats not even the point of his thread he's just posing a possibility that doesn't contradict to what we know as things stand
Luffy might not know Brook's attacks. Hell I don't either. He's also not really gonna give a shit about parts of Brook's past. But he is gonna know if this mother fucker has the ability to raise the dead just sitting in his back pocket.

Which, guess what, is something you might even expect from a fruit titled Revive. They'd probably cover it up just a little bit more thoroughly if that was true.

and yeah, because Brook probably wouldn't use the cause of death as an excuse to not revive someone. Or at least he'd mention it at that point.

you can't call something possible if it makes zero sense. That's why I'm telling you it won't happen and I will absolutely be right. I'd bet my account on that, it's a stupid ass idea even if we don't know what happens next. It has nothing to do with Zoro's trajectory.

Luffy might not know Brook's attacks. Hell I don't either. He's also not really gonna give a shit about parts of Brook's past. But he is gonna know if this mother fucker has the ability to raise the dead just sitting in his back pocket.

Which, guess what, is something you might even expect from a fruit titled Revive. They'd probably cover it up just a little bit more thoroughly if that was true.

and yeah, Brook probably wouldn't use the cause of death as an excuse to not revive someone. Or at least he'd mention it at that point.

sorry, but you can't call something possible if it makes zero sense. That's why I'm telling you it won't happen and I will absolutely be right. I'd bet my account on that, it's a stupid ass idea even if we don't know what happens next. It has nothing to do with Zoro's trajectory.
look bro you're being very unreasonable and dismissive on no basis

lets just say it doesn't make sense to YOU and end it there.. if it happens then judge oda for how he executes it not CD lol aight?

tc

look bro you're being very unreasonable and dismissive on no basis

lets just say it doesn't make sense to YOU and end it there.. if it happens then judge oda for how he executes it not CD lol aight?

tc
It's all good. Seems like he's just salty that he made a thread about how it can absolutely no way be Brook, and then I dropped a thread explaining how it could possibly be Brook, so his only recourse is to throw a temper tantrum, and claim it doesn't make sense, etc.... etc.. etc... But somehow it being the actual Grim Reaper makes a boatload of sense, because Zoro said he'd become "The King of Hell.", so obviously Oda is going to bring in Death itself so Zoro can defeat it, and really make him the King of Hell.

It's all good. Seems like he's just salty that he made a thread about how it can absolutely no way be Brook, and then I dropped a thread explaining how it could possibly be Brook, so his only recourse is to throw a temper tantrum, and claim it doesn't make sense, etc.... etc.. etc... But somehow it being the actual Grim Reaper makes a boatload of sense, because Zoro said he'd become "The King of Hell.", so obviously Oda is going to bring in Death itself so Zoro can defeat it, and really make him the King of Hell.
it makes ALOT more sense that it is a grim reaper manifestation than Brook.

Do you mean to say you think Brook can actually stop death/revive people whenever he wants? And since Zoro will have died of injuries and not natural causes, does that mean his body will be more like Brook's - he's alive but there's no logical way he should be? His bones and organs must be fucked up and we know the revive-revive fruit doesn't heal people

1. Reporting King's defeat has nothing to do with pinpointing Zoro. You are saying that witnesses who report to the gorosei AND Brook somehow saw this or know enough to find Zoro. They saw where Clear Lance took him and kept watching that spot without actually doing anything? You really wanna die on that hill?

2. It's not lackluster though. Oda never made it sound that way, he merely didn't explain what else it could do. By the same token he hardly touched the abilities Luffy would gain from Gomu, but that's not the same as making it lackluster. We already know that Brook has decent powers, he's overall just a decently capable pirate, but now you're trying to pull a god tier ability outta his ass?

3. Zoro owns a masterpiece sword designed to kill the shit out of everyone it can. In taming it he learned how to apply adv Haohshoku, and now he's faced with the avatar of the underworld. Oh but it's actually fucking Brook?

4. He could appear as Brook or at least pull the hood down. But he raises a scythe above Zoro? Do you know what Death means, btw?

If you cut this bullshit immediately I'll be merciful when the next chapter drops.
Amd robin and brooks plot is tied with poneglyph

The poneglyph is at the basement

Do you mean to say you think Brook can actually stop death/revive people whenever he wants? And since Zoro will have died of injuries and not natural causes, does that mean his body will be more like Brook's - he's alive but there's no logical way he should be? His bones and organs must be fucked up and we know the revive-revive fruit doesn't heal people
Why not? Lao G died on the battlefield, and through the sheer power of Will pulled his own Soul back into his body. Do you think a Devil Fruit wouldn't be capable of something like that?