Speculations It's Brook! (In Front of Zoro, and who the Gorosei were talking about.)

Basically an interesting theory. It was an exciting read. If your guess is correct, I would like to understand some things that will give me a headache. Brook's devil fruit is therefore able to revive every living being once. Isn't it overpowered ?

Is Brook immortal?
I'd say it would have to be within reason. Like Brook has to be there as the soul is leaving the body. Once the soul is gone from the area, and reaches whichever destination it is heading, then it would be too late.

Although it would be pretty cool if he could temporarily bring a soul back in order to converse with the spirit he is summoning. There has been speculation of something like that happening during Wano with the premise of the Fire Festival.
Post automatically merged:

“Bringing a human back to life is something strange isn’t it? If a mangaka decides to revive (a character) who has died, then he shouldn’t have to kill that character in the first place. My characters don’t die even when they are in the most difficult of situations. Most importantly, I really hated (the idea) of resurrecting a character that was dead since I was a child. This made me doubt the mangka, and thought that ‘the main reason why this mangaka evokes a certain character is probably because the character is so popular’”
(Eiichiro Oda, 2007)
Theres a big difference between "reviving a dead character" like Goku being wished back to life after long being dead, and preventing a person from dying by stopping their soul from leaving the World.

I give him credit that this speculation is kind of entreating still in one or 2 weeks this shit will go straight in the forgot cope thread that we all know about Zoro.:suresure:
Don't know why people are taking this as a Zoro "Cope" thread. In the spoiler thread I was in favor of and hoping it would be the actual Grim Reaper.

I thought about the premise of this thread because so many people were talking about it being Brook and some kind of "gag" scene, which I was against. But I was thinking about how it could be Brook, and not be a gag scene, but rather something that would be great for his character, and overall development, and the idea hit me when I was thinking about how his Devil Fruit could play a role in it, and then it hit me that it could possibly be the Devil Fruit the Gorosei was talking about.

Not everything is meant to be some kind of knock against Zoro. Are we really at the point now where people actually feel threatened at the prospect of Brook getting some shine? Zoro still no diffs him.

Oda: draws a panel of a grim reaper
Retard: oh yea. it must be brook cuz both brook and grim reaper are made of skeletons.
Yeah a grim reaper from the underworld appearing to meet Zoro vs the grim reaper being the work of a df related to death, wrap your head around that

Don't know why people are taking this as a Zoro "Cope" thread. In the spoiler thread I was in favor of and hoping it would be the actual Grim Reaper.

I thought about the premise of this thread because so many people were talking about it being Brook and some kind of "gag" scene, which I was against. But I was thinking about how it could be Brook, and not be a gag scene, but rather something that would be great for his character, and overall development, and the idea hit me when I was thinking about how his Devil Fruit could play a role in it, and then it hit me that it could possibly be the Devil Fruit the Gorosei was talking about.

Not everything is meant to be some kind of knock against Zoro. Are we really at the point now where people actually feel threatened at the prospect of Brook getting some shine? Zoro still no diffs him.
Right, man they are so fking insecure about their Zoro

Could also be the case that the theory just doesn't make enough sense. You shouldn't necessarily take criticisms of this as people in denial just to keep their ideas of Zoro alive. There are real issues with it being Brook imo. It's not like people don't want Brook to have shine, but why throw away the potential being built up with Robin/CP0/poneglyphs for this? It isn't necessary to the story to have Zoro die, and having Brook save him won't do much anything either.
Remember Oda didn't need to have Zoro block the hakai attack and break all of his bones, or spontaneously create the mink medicine with the drawback. Oda essentially came up with this asspull medicine for no reason as he could have had Zoro leave the rooftop fairly healthy like law or kidd, but he found it important enough that he made him break his bones and then put a time bomb on him. If Oda's going to create this wonder drug out of thin air I'd hope it was for better reason than to reveal this poorly-built-up power for Brook.

Ok, so here me out, because I have an off the wall speculation that's about to transpire, but it fits so perfectly.

So this recent chapter we have learned that there is a figure that has appeared in front of Zoro, that looks exactly like the Grim Reaper. Suspiciously enough, this figure also happens to look exactly like Brook. Now currently, it doesn't make any sense as to why Brook would be standing in front of Zoro, with a giant Scythe, looking like he is ready to attack him. But what if there is a very plausible explanation to all of this? For that, we are going to have to touch upon a few other plot points.

So lets head back to the very last chapter (Chapter 1037). At the very end of the chapter, we have the Gorosei discussing a specific Devil Fruit that hasn't awakened in centuries. There has been many, many different theories as to what Devil Fruit this could be, but I think Oda gave us the clue at the very end of Chapter 1037 as well. While the Gorosei is discussing the prospect of this Devil Fruit awakening, we get a huge panel of Zunisha appearing off the Shores of Wano. One thing that this scene is reminiscent of, is the huge shadows that we saw on Thriller Bark.

I believe that the Gorosei discussing this specific Devil Fruit, in tandem with a scene reminiscent of Thriller Bark, was a clue that we had to head back to Thriller Bark to find the answer, and man did the answer come. So lets go back to Thriller Bark, shall, to a very specific chapter, discussing a very specific detail that we all have forgotten about. And that is chapter 443, where Brook is explaining his Devil Fruit.

Now in this chapter Brook explains that his Devil Fruit serves one purpose. To revive the user from death, only once. Now on the surface, that's an extremely lackluster ability, to where even Brook said that while he was alive, the only thing the Devil Fruit did, was make him unable to swim.

Seems like a pretty shitty fruit if you ask me, with a terrible payoff. You revive once, can't swim, and that's it. Even after 50 years alone, while on Thriller Bark, Brook still never managed to figure out anything special about his Devil Fruit. The fruit was named the "Revive Revive" fruit, and up until that point, it's only purpose was thought to be bringing the user back to life once. This all changes however, since post timeskip, we've learned that Brook has slowly been starting to be able to do more and more things with his Devil Fruit, that him, nor us, nor the people of the One Piece World thought was possible. This is completely inline with what the Gorosei were saying about this mysterious Devil Fruit that hasn't "Awakened in decades", because even though Brook had the fruit for 50 years, he still couldn't do shit with it, other than revive once.

This also fits inline with the naming of the fruit. The "revive revive" fruit, and the user can only revive once. If it's true name is hidden, then nobody is going to think that there is more abilities the fruit possesses. They eat it. They die. They get revived. They later die again. Nobody tries to explore the fruit any further. Brook however, has broken that cycle. He is now doing things with his Devil Fruit, that goes completely against what we were initially told the Devil Fruit can do.

Now lets fast forward back to the present. So in chapter 1037, we see the Gorosei freaking out over a Devil Fruit out of the blue. In the very next chapter, a "Grim Reaper" is in front of Zoro. A very random scene thrown in there, that doesn't really connect to the rest of the chapter. But I think, that scene is meant to connect to the ending of the previous chapter. The Gorosei gets a report that a "Grim Reaper" has appeared in front of Zoro, and all of a sudden, then next chapter, CP-0's orders were changed from capture Robin, to go after ALL of the Straw Hats. Everything is lining up perfectly.

So that brings us to, what is Brooks ability, and why is he standing in front of Zoro, looking like he's about to attack him. This is going to be a lot of speculating, but again, it fits. So one of the abilities that we've seen Brook be able to use since post timeskip, is the ability to be able to manipulate his own soul. But what if that kind of soul manipulation doesn't just stop at his own soul? What if he can see, and even manipulate the souls of other people? Now I know this borders on the edge of the exact same thing of Big Mom's devil fruit, but we also have to remember, that there are many fruits out there that bare similarities, that Oda has confirmed they are more so lesser/greater versions of each other. Oda has even already gone out of his way to pit Brook against Big Mom, and showcase that he possesses the ability to actually damage her soul based homies. Something, no one else alive can do.

So what is Brook doing in front of Zoro? Well, I think he is saving his life. I think Zoro is basically at the point where his soul is about to leave his body, and Brook can see it. The image we see of the "Grim Reaper" standing in front of Zoro, isn't actually the "Grim Reaper" nor is it Brook in his physical form. It is Brook in is astral. He's there to actually prevent Zoro's soul from leaving his body.

We already know souls leave their bodies once a person dies. We know Brooks devil fruit shows us a soul can be put back into a body, even after death occurs. So why can't the man whose own soul left his body after death, and then re-entered it, do the same for others? This also fills in all those "Death flag" theories that people have been talking about for Zoro for years. In essence, Zoro will have "died" but Brook will have brought his soul back to his body.

It all fits. Way to perfectly to be honest. That would only leave the question as to what else Brook can do with his Devil Fruit, and what is the devil fruit's name?
Wow this actually sounds plausible.

It reads like a knock on Zoro because it has nothing to do with strength. It has to do with character trajectory... you give him a low ceiling.

He finds adv Haohshoku by calling himself the king of hell and your response is that he isn't really, it's just talk.

He's confronted with death after we've been beaten over the head with his destiny and you think it's up to Brook. Which aside from Zoro's role to play just doesn't make sense. Franky is right there and Brook is helping Robin, the target of a very critical attack. I mean don't forget that the Yonko want her as well. But Brook has a game breaking power in his back pocket to whip out and it overrides the rest of the story?

Could also be the case that the theory just doesn't make enough sense. You shouldn't necessarily take criticisms of this as people in denial just to keep their ideas of Zoro alive. There are real issues with it being Brook imo. It's not like people don't want Brook to have shine, but why throw away the potential being built up with Robin/CP0/poneglyphs for this? It isn't necessary to the story to have Zoro die, and having Brook save him won't do much anything either.
Remember Oda didn't need to have Zoro block the hakai attack and break all of his bones, or spontaneously create the mink medicine with the drawback. Oda essentially came up with this asspull medicine for no reason as he could have had Zoro leave the rooftop fairly healthy like law or kidd, but he found it important enough that he made him break his bones and then put a time bomb on him. If Oda's going to create this wonder drug out of thin air I'd hope it was for better reason than to reveal this poorly-built-up power for Brook.
I think you guys fail to realize that Zoro being confronted with the prospect of dying right now is the result of Enma burning through an excessive amount of his Haki, to the point where even he says if it keeps up, theres a good chance he will die. This currently has nothing to do with Hakai, as Zoro has yet to receive double the damage of all the pain he has suffered prior to taking the Mink's medicine. That is still yet to come.

It leaves room for both Zoro and Brook to get some really good character development. Brook showcases a new ability that elevates him to a higher status provided he is the person who has this fruit that is being so hyped it is a myth to even the Gorosei, and Zoro still gets his badass moment down the line where he does get hit with double the pain of the damaged he's received so far, and powers through it. It's a win win for both characters.

Feels like we are reading too much into this and this feels like the case with Oden in 1008 where there's like the gazzilion explanations about it and turns out it's the most obvious of them all that being Kanjuro's drawing
So, while anything is possible, I bet is it's just Zoro's hallucinating.
But personally I'd like it to be some kind of spirit form of Enma (or 3 of his swords). Oda purposely hid his swords from our view in this chapter for some reason.

I think you guys fail to realize that Zoro being confronted with the prospect of dying right now is the result of Enma burning through an excessive amount of his Haki, to the point where even he says if it keeps up, theres a good chance he will die. This currently has nothing to do with Hakai, as Zoro has yet to receive double the damage of all the pain he has suffered prior to taking the Mink's medicine. That is still yet to come.

It leaves room for both Zoro and Brook to get some really good character development. Brook showcases a new ability that elevates him to a higher status provided he is the person who has this fruit that is being so hyped it is a myth to even the Gorosei, and Zoro still gets his badass moment down the line where he does get hit with double the pain of the damaged he's received so far, and powers through it. It's a win win for both characters.
We don't know if the medicine has taken effect yet or not. If Zoro's revived then takes all the damage it will just kill him again (the revive fruit doesn't heal your body or give you magical resistance) so no, there can't logically be another cool badass moment for Zoro if he's already died.
Of course it has to do with hakai as that was the major source of Zoro's injuries prior to the mink medicine, whether your theory includes it or not doesn't change that it is definitely relevant to Zoro's situation. As far as Brook's character development goes he has plenty of potential plot points like I said. Before this chapter no one would have guessed this would happen for Brook. Why? Because it makes no sense and so far has no reason for happening in the story.

Brook having a legendary fruit used to revive everyone and give them immortality only makes end-game one piece look bad. Oh and Law's fruit already does the whole immortality thing. And Oda clearly views immortal life as a power that should have a heavy drawback.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
The chance that it's Brook are certainly there, but I don't think he'll do anything to "revive" Zoro or solve his current dilemma. This is an ordeal Zoro must overcome. His spirit was renewed during his battle against King, and he exudes more confidence than he has before. So much so, he now refers to himself as the "King of Hell." That new resolve is effectively being tested right now. It's cheapened if Brook is the one who wraps it up for Zoro.

We don't know if the medicine has taken effect yet or not. If Zoro's revived then takes all the damage it will just kill him again (the revive fruit doesn't heal your body or give you magical resistance) so no, there can't logically be another cool badass moment for Zoro if he's already died.
Of course it has to do with hakai as that was the major source of Zoro's injuries prior to the mink medicine, whether your theory includes it or not doesn't change that it is definitely relevant to Zoro's situation. As far as Brook's character development goes he has plenty of potential plot points like I said. Before this chapter no one would have guessed this would happen for Brook. Why? Because it makes no sense and so far has no reason for happening in the story.

Brook having a legendary fruit used to revive everyone and give them immortality only makes end-game one piece look bad. Oh and Law's fruit already does the whole immortality thing. And Oda clearly views immortal life as a power that should have a heavy drawback.
We do know the medicine hasn't worn off, because we can see Zoro, and he does not have the look of a man who just got hit with twice the pain he has so far received.

Of course the situations can be entirely different, and Zoro can get a separate badass moment later on. Enma was killing Zoro because of what it was doing to Zoro's Haki. King's Haki, is the embodiment of the users "Spirit". Spirit and soul are interchangeable. Zoro has essentially been having the life/spirit/soul drained out of him at a rapid pace while he was wielding Enma. Oda can easily spin it, that, that is what Brook is there to help with.

The big moment of Zoro getting hit with double the pain can still come later down the line, which would be a test of Zoro's toughness, and whether or not he can withstand and survive getting hit with that much pain.

And where on earth do you get the idea that Brook being able to stop a persons soul from leaving the plane of Earth, somehow gives them immortality? That was nowhere in any of my posts.

this is what happens when people use headcanon instead of manga facts to make future predictions
I literally bring up panels, and situations directly correlating to the manga, that fit perfectly to prove my point.

The other alternatives yourself and others believe.

*Its the real Grim Reaper.*

*It's CP0*

*Zoro is hallucinating*

"It's Brook playing a joke."

We need manga facts, not headcannon.

:okay:

Last edited:
And where on earth do you get the idea that Brook being able to stop a persons soul from leaving the plane of Earth, somehow gives them immortality? That was nowhere in any of my posts.
With Brook manipulating their souls, the person can't die. What else would you call it?

And "that's what Brook's there to help with"? So basically Zoro's going to be bailed out for using Enma? Let's not have Zoro rise above the challenge and wield it without dying despite the risks, let's instead have him saved by Brook with no build up whatsoever. Genius. You mean Zoro should still not be strong enough to wield Enma after fighting King, as if it's so far-fetched that he managed to win before draining his stamina? I could understand if there was a requirement in the narrative for Zoro to die as a result of Enma, but there really isn't. If your theory includes a decent reason for Zoro having not one, but two situations putting him on death's door please let me know. If not, there just isn't a good enough reason for Zoro to have died here.

If Oda really wanted to showcase this change in Brook, he would build it up and put it in Brook's plotline, not have him magically appear in Zoro's as shock value - and it only being shocking because it was done in such random and illogical fashion.