Bougya It's time to fully admit this

Peroroncino

πŸ…·πŸ…°πŸ…»πŸ…° πŸ…ΌπŸ…°πŸ…³πŸ†πŸ…ΈπŸ…³
β€Ž
Nor has she shown any interest to pursue her actual dream either :kobeha:

which is arguably even harder than training to keep up with Zoro or beat the WSS

:risitameh:
her dream is probably harder to achieve than being pk tbh, just look at all the guys who got supreme blades for example she's never gonna get those

people forget every swordsman stronger than zoro is a rival to his dream, which includes the red rat
Clearly yes.
But then you also have a character, Tashigi, whose whole purpose of existence is to have a swordsman who grows as the story progresses to mirror Zoro's journey. Like an actual battle shonen rival.

No other Straw Hat can say to have it, only Luffy and Zoro (protagonist and deuteragonist).

which is arguably even harder than training to keep up with Zoro or beat the WSS

She is literally saying "I am gonna beat all the best swordsmen and taking their swords".
If you beat all the best, what does that make you?

But clearly this dream has no correlations to Zoro's, and she is not a Zoro rival anyway cause she is "weak" πŸ‘

Last edited:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
β€Ž

What a wack character, with a wack dream.

"Oh no the weapons made to kill are being used to kill, I will collect all of the graded swords so they can be used as kitchen utensils."

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
What a wack character, with a wack dream.

"Oh no the weapons made to kill are being used to kill, I will collect all of the graded swords so they can be used as kitchen utensils."
She's got the hardest dream in the world.
Especially when roger was alive

A murders row of fights

Tashigi showed interest in beating Zoro and being better than him, since Zoro aims be the WSS, that's enough for her to be in the competition for the title and a rival to Zoro. So far she's been a PokΓ©mon game level rival? It doesn't make her any less of a rival.
I know that she always berates Zoro as she (rightfully) assumes that he looks down on women, but when did she show interest in defeating Zoro as of recent?

I wouldn't call her out like this yet. She was exponentially stronger when she reappears in Punk Hazard, and nothing suggest she won't have an even more impressive growth the next time we meet her. She is just like Koby for Luffy.
Yet she got easily handled by Monet, and unlike Tashigi, Koby had consistent focus in the narrative and power since Marine Ford. Tashigi hasn't been relevant for a decade, and has no impact on the narrative. I should also mention that Koby had more exponential growth and is stronger than even Smoker at this point. There's no reason to believe Tashigi will be in any way notable in strength.

I know that she always berates Zoro as she (rightfully) assumes that he looks down on women
We already argued about this, and if you keep up with this idiocy I will put you on my ignore list.
This trully was unnecessary since unrelated with the point I am making, with which I simply want to aklowledge Tashigi as one of Zoro's rival in his journey, and you typed it just to knowingly provoke me.

unlike Tashigi, Koby had consistent focus in the narrative and power since Marine Ford. Tashigi hasn't been relevant for a decade, and has no impact on the narrative. I should also mention that Koby had more exponential growth and is stronger than even Smoker at this point. There's no reason to believe Tashigi will be in any way notable in strength.
You can't be serious. The last thing you can describe Koby's growth with is the word "consistent": he is an inept kid on vol. 1, appears 400 chapters after Ennies Lobby later and he suddenly has grown up, but all the way to Marineford combat-wise he stays patetic. Then reappears now and has a huge growth in fighting capability and ap.
He is obviously more important than Tashigi because he is related to Luffy and not Zoro, that's not rocket science, but narratively wise? Both have the same role, rivals to the protagonists of the opposing faction.
You are simply holding double standards for them.

- And I will go as far as saying, so far the most important of the two has instead been Tashigi. Koby didn't have an active role in any of the Straw Hats arc, while Tashigi had two (Alabasta, Punk Hazard), and she had interactions not only with Zoro but also Nami and Sanji, while Koby only talked with Luffy and only barely knows Zoro, he is unknown to the rest. -

Tashigi hasn't been relevant for a decade
This doesn't take away anything from her character. There are countless of characters in One Piece that do not have relevant screentime for decades and more, it does not harm their role in the story taken as a whole, nor does it invalidate what they have been.

when did she show interest in defeating Zoro as of recent?
You are grasping for straws here.
What does it matter of the last time was recent, in Punk Hazard, in Logue Town or at Ipponmatsu's shop? Tashigi and Zoro interactions at Logue Town are as important as anything that comes after, you can't belittle it for simply being not recent...

Tashigi declared that she will defeat Zoro and take from him the Wado Ichimonji, then with the latest interactions between them it only became much and more personal, especially from her, who justifies him looking down on her on the fact that she is a woman, but the truth is simply that she is not a threat for him, YET.

So what exactly do you need more? Or are you just denying it for the sake of it?

Last edited: