Speculations Jinbei's new appearance - what changed ?

What kind of change occurred ?

• Total voters
Hello everyone
So it's been quite a long time since Jinbei parted with the WCI rescue team crew members by rearguard saving them : a few weeks in OPverse time, a year or so in real life.
Facts : Oda stopped drawing Jinbei in whole crew depicting cover pages because, as he said in an interview, he did not want to spoil readers about Jinbei's physical changes. We last saw him being threatened with soul pocus on the seas. We know he likely was obliterated, since Mama was shown alive and well -yet angry - quite shortly afterwards, reading news about Luffy's so-called victory on her.
In 959 we saw that Luffy, resting from his chaotic first weeks in Wano, at long last started worrying about his nakama's condition.

What do you think happened to Jinbei ?
How is it physically going to affect him ? Will he still be as strong in fighting and as a helmsman?
What's gonna be Luffy's reaction to it all ?

I'm really distressed about it all and would like to hear your insights on this matter. What outcome would you find likely ? Satisfying ? Acceptable ? Plot-armored?
Have a good start of the week,
Usopp334

hope he is dead , we have better fishman as replacement

I am a Kawamatsu fan - the whole cute, bird-looking face gets me every time, right- but his lack of stature - the whole FI hero, older, wiser nakama status Jinbei has - can in no way put him as a fitted replacement. For all we know, Kawamatsu is a mere underling that at most took care of Hiyori..before she was taken away anyway. Not saying he is not strong but his character looks pale in front of Jinbei's

if Oda want him as nakama then he will not lose anything , maybe only some scars
I would find it a bit disappointing storywise ; how can we believe that him staying at the rearguard was a sacrifice who put the team out of a deadly harm's way if there are no consequences?
I personally wish for him to lose an arm just like Shanks did, maybe the opposite arm

I am a Kawamatsu fan - the whole cute, bird-looking face gets me every time, right- but his lack of stature - the whole FI hero, older, wiser nakama status Jinbei has - can in no way put him as a fitted replacement. For all we know, Kawamatsu is a mere underling that at most took care of Hiyori..before she was taken away anyway. Not saying he is not strong but his character looks pale in front of Jinbei's
I'm aware of this , Jinbei is the the closer character in one piece to join strawhats ,he has everything needed to be one of them . while Kawamatsu is a mere side character .
but the thing that i dont like Jinbei neither i hate him , maybe after he join and interact with Sh, will change my mind as with franky

In total honesty I don't think at all he would die soon but I don't want him in the crew so an heroic death works well for me
Makes sense, point taken.
Post automatically merged:

I'm aware of this , Jinbei is the the closer character in one piece to join strawhats ,he has everything needed to be one of them . while Kawamatsu is a mere side character .
but the thing that i dont like Jinbei neither i hate him , maybe after he join and interact with Sh, will change my mind as with franky
Oh, thanks for your opinion. He probably made a better impression on me than he did on you. I recall not being attracted to Franky's character at the time - went from an outright disgust such as "out of all the amazing shipwrights we end up with that pervert ?" to a slow acceptance of his humour and strength- but that never happened with Jinbei as he was such a great asset since MarineFord ; always calm, strong and perfect, the Katakuri of the Straw Hat Pirates

I would find it a bit disappointing storywise ; how can we believe that him staying at the rearguard was a sacrifice who put the team out of a deadly harm's way if there are no consequences?
I personally wish for him to lose an arm just like Shanks did, maybe the opposite arm
I will not expect this from oda , after what he did , how he humiliate big mom vs nami, chopper , brook and Jinbei only non SH who will be sacrifices even no one got scar or lose arm , Jinbei the same , Aladdin or his crew who can oda mess with them

In total honesty I don't think at all he would die soon but I don't want him in the crew so an heroic death works well for me
He has already missed 2 oppotunties for a heroic death by far, once in MF then potentially WCI as well. Lol

I guess he'll say something like I'll sacrifice my life for Luffy's shake once more again this arc and ended up fine. This type of shit is already part of jimbe just like Ussop's lies become true...:suresure:

Iirc, that “interview” by Oda was fake. Regardless, he’s not going to have lost any body parts, nor is he going to die. He’s probably going to be imprisoned, but will get released in time to help. He’ll be with the crew the rest of the way after the arc, having already joined.

The interview was fake. Oda's not said anything about Jinbei's fate on WCI at all.

If he was caught, and had to spin the wheel, I think we can expect peg leg Jinbei in the future. Big pirate trope, barely touched so far in One Piece- there's a random mook with one that Whitebeard wrecked and that's about it. Kuzan has an ice leg, Inu and Kyros just left it a stump. Would make sense the Strawhats got such a piratey thing.

And it could set up Jinbei dying EoS. He isn't going to die until then, but if Oda really wants to tug the heartstrings for the ending he might pull Jinbei's lifespan running out after FI has equality and Luffy is the Pirate King.