Theory Jinbe's True Color - The Revised Color Theory

The kanji used for Seiryu, 青龍 , can technically be translated as either Blue or Green Dragon, but the color kanji is generally read as Ao and taken to mean blue. It's not unheard of for Seiryu to be depicted as green, but most people in my experience tend towards blue, which Oda has clearly done by explicitly labeling Kaido as Seiryu and coloring him blue.

In the Four Symbols, the kirin is on occasion used in place of the Yellow Dragon, which again, I think is would be more fitting as Gold Roger in this scenario.

Still, the idea that Big Mom and Kaido are pulling double duty as the Dragon of the East, one as a true dragon and one as a kirin, is an interesting one, especially since they're the Yonko that are teaming up.
well I saw it in wiki about the colour part LOL. The 青 part is definitely blue, that’s why I’m confused when it’s being mentioned that its colour is green, unless it’s 緑, not to mention that Azure Dragon means that Azure is definitely blue. Well, it’s a wikipedia after all LOL

Yeah, it felt weird seeing there with no explanation, but by strong chances don’t tell me you referring to them joining the crew?
That's what the entire theory is about, yes, who I think is going to join based on the established theme colors of the current crew. I explain in each section who I think fits best for each color and why, though I don't go into too much detail why I think each individual character is a candidate in the first place as I've already gone over those concepts in previous posts. I also provided the relevant links to said previous posts where necessary.

That's what the entire theory is about, yes, who I think is going to join based on the established theme colors of the current crew. I explain in each section who I think fits best for each color and why, though I don't go into too much detail why I think each individual character is a candidate in the first place as I've already gone over those concepts in previous posts. I also provided the relevant links to said previous posts where necessary.
I will go through the previous posts, but don’t you think with Yamato supposedly joining being the end of any other candidates? Cuz it’s only 1 spot left and it’s getting taking.

I will go through the previous posts, but don’t you think with Yamato supposedly joining being the end of any other candidates? Cuz it’s only 1 spot left and it’s getting taking.
So there are two camps among recruitment theorists: 10 Friends and Straw Hat 13.

The former is based on Luffy's statement at the end of chapter 1 wherein he says he thinks a crew of about ten should suffice. Some believers in this theory count Luffy as one of the ten and feel that no one will join past Jinbe, while others do not count Luffy and feel that only one more will join past Jinbe.

The latter is based on two factors: the word "ichimi," meaning crew, being able to be read as 13 in goroawase (Japanese number-based wordplay), and the MFMM pattern wherein four Straw Hats joined in both East Blue and Paradise, suggesting that four will join in the New World as well. Specifically, a male, a female, then two more males. There's also the Alphabet pattern wherein each of the Straw Hats' names starts with a unique letter that can be lined up with one of thirteen pairs of letters (ex: AB=Brook, CD=Chopper, etc.), suggesting that the remaining three Straw Hats will do the same (specifically GH, OP and WX).

I personally fall in the latter camp, though I have my doubts about the MFMM and Alphabet patterns for my own reasons, but based on your comment, I would wager you're in the former camp?

I won't deny that it's possible that Yamato will join, but if you read the theory I posted, you'll see that I explain why I don't currently put much faith in Yamato.

If there is in fact only one slot left, then I think I've made it more than clear both in this theory and every other theory that I've posted that I believe that one will be Monet. If you disagree, feel free to read over my arguments and address them systematically, I am more than happy to discuss them.

Last edited: