Theory Jinbe's True Color - The Revised Color Theory

Those are some good catches there!

I can definitely see the secondary colors being for the non-human recruits, but in my mind that actually makes for a stronger argument for both Carrot and Pudding: Chopper=literal animal, Franky=cyborg, Jinbe=Fishman, Carrot=Mink, Monet=harpy, Pudding=Three-Eyes.

I'm reserving judgment on Yamato for now since we haven't confirmed whether or not Kaido is human. His horns could well be a specific style of horn, similar to Merry's curled sheep horns, Caesar's straighter goat horns, or Hannyabal's devilish horns, but they could also be indicative that he's a unique race. If we find out that Kaido and Yamato aren't human, I'll definitely take that as a strong sign.

As for the Alphabet Theory, I'm not sure if you've read my theory on the matter, but my thinking is that Oda will work around her not fitting through her epithet once she officially becomes a pirate, likely calling her White Rabbit or something to that effect. I've gotten a lot of pushback for that one, but as I've said, Carrot has so much going for her narratively that I'm willing to believe that Oda is bending rules like that to throw us off.

For the MFMM pattern, I wrote another theory specifically detailing why I think the New World is going to have three female recruits, which would make the final total 8 and 5, or 9 and 6 if Vivi and Momo are counted despite being honorary recruits, but I love the idea of there being four girls with different Devil Fruit types.

If you feel that it's gonna be Monet for green and Yamato for orange, do you have any suggestions for who's going to be purple?
Well I guess the epithet thing is different. For example if Carrot will be called “White Rabbit”, that goes same like Nami & Robin, whose epithets are “Burglar Cat (BC)” and “Devil Child (DC)”. The thing is, bringing girls to the ship is considered “bad luck” in Pirate Worlds. Therefore, unless if Carrot changes her name, or if she will have “bad luck” epithet, she most likely won’t join. Not to mention that in current manga, Yamato’s percentage to join rises. Especially in Japanese, 4 is considered bad luck because it sounds similar with “death” (死 & 四 both are “shi)

It’s the New World, Straw Hat Pirates need more heavy hitters, especially on female side. Carrot going out to the world, where her Sulong form exists by moonlight is a bit burdensome. Robin will sure likely use haki, but still she’s more of a brain than brawl of the group. Another thing is that the alphabet theory you’ve posted, have been hinted so much previously. Shirahoshi (S), Rebecca (R), Viola (V) and non of them joins the crew despite the lack of estrogen (LOL) in the crew. Even Bartolomeo (B) where many fans speculated he would join, only become Grand Fleet Captain.

I still have no idea who’s gonna be the purple. Yamato most likely in between deep purple, or deep orange, so the other final male recruit is deep orange / deep purple. Another thing to note is that Jinbe (sea), Yamato (land), and Monet (sky) each represent the nature.

One thing also I also believe that there is another hidden Ancient Weapon. I based this after I watched Sailor Moon, and the thing is 3 Ancient Weapons are based on 3 Outer Senshi; Uranus, Neptune (Poseidon), Pluto(n). I believe if all 3 are awakened, will release the final Ancient Weapon; Saturn. And Jinbe represents Neptune, Yamato represents Pluto (his/her horns are so much like devils/oni), and Monet represents Uranus.

I really hope Monet is alive, and Monet & Yamato is so much better. I’m not a Carrot hater, it’s just that I think we’ve had enough Chopper at the moment. I don’t remember about it but so far I haven’t seen Sanji looks interested in Carrot although they’ve met already. So far only Luffy & Franky already met with Yamato, and Franky only for a mere second. So, back again I believe that Yamato will somehow changes her/his name, which has already hinted in current chapters, that he/she will severe the “chains” that connects him/her with Kaido, and I believe that is his/her name. Maybe Yamato will change his/her name to be “Yamato Oden”, where Yamato is the surname (like Nico, Vinsmoke, Roronoa), and the crew will call him/her “Oden” (Oden-kun for Sanji)

Last edited:
Came here expecting some casual reading.
Found gold.
Very well written and put together.
Hrngh, all of you, bein' so nice to me...

Post automatically merged:

Well I guess the epithet thing is different. For example if Carrot will be called “White Rabbit”, that goes same like Nami & Robin, whose epithets are “Burglar Cat (BC)” and “Devil Child (DC)”. The thing is, bringing girls to the ship is considered “bad luck” in Pirate Worlds. Therefore, unless if Carrot changes her name, or if she will have “bad luck” epithet, she most likely won’t join. Not to mention that in current manga, Yamato’s percentage to join rises. Especially in Japanese, 4 is considered bad luck because it sounds similar with “death” (死 & 四 both are “shi)

It’s the New World, Straw Hat Pirates need more heavy hitters, especially on female side. Carrot going out to the world, where her Sulong form exists by moonlight is a bit burdensome. Robin will sure likely use haki, but still she’s more of a brain than brawl of the group. Another thing is that the alphabet theory you’ve posted, have been hinted so much previously. Shirahoshi (S), Rebecca (R), Viola (V) and non of them joins the crew despite the lack of estrogen (LOL) in the crew. Even Bartolomeo (B) where many fans speculated he would join, only become Grand Fleet Captain.

I still have no idea who’s gonna be the purple. Yamato most likely in between deep purple, or deep orange, so the other final male recruit is deep orange / deep purple. Another thing to note is that Jinbe (sea), Yamato (land), and Monet (sky) each represent the nature.

One thing also I also believe that there is another hidden Ancient Weapon. I based this after I watched Sailor Moon, and the thing is 3 Ancient Weapons are based on 3 Outer Senshi; Uranus, Neptune (Poseidon), Pluto(n). I believe if all 3 are awakened, will release the final Ancient Weapon; Saturn. And Jinbe represents Neptune, Yamato represents Pluto (his/her horns are so much like devils/oni), and Monet represents Uranus.

I really hope Monet is alive, and Monet & Yamato is so much better. I’m not a Carrot hater, it’s just that I think we’ve had enough Chopper at the moment.
I hear what you're saying, Carrot definitely doesn't really fit a lot of the patterns that have long been accepted by the fandom. For me, though, while I have a ton of fun analyzing patterns, I will always prioritize the flow of the narrative over patterns, and Carrot's role in the narrative just makes her feel like such a natural fit in the crew to me.

Of course, I've been wrong about that before. I've publicly stated before that even rereading Water 7, I'm always shocked that Paulie didn't join on the basis that his arc was nearly beat for beat the same as any given recruitment arc. Still, Paulie had only been around for about a year at the time, whereas Carrot has been with the Straw Hats for about four now. Only time will tell, of course, but I'm perfectly willing to bet that Oda is going to start throwing curve balls in the patterns.

Last edited:
Hrngh, all of you, bein' so nice to me...

I hear what you're saying, Carrot definitely doesn't really fit a lot of the patterns that have long been accepted by the fandom. For me, though, while I have a ton of fun analyzing patterns, I will always prioritize the flow of the narrative over patterns, and Carrot's role in the narrative just makes her feel like such a natural fit in the crew to me.

Of course, I've been wrong about that before. I've publicly stated before that even rereading Water 7, I'm always shocked that Paulie didn't join on the basis that his arc was nearly beat for beat the same as any given recruitment arc. Still, Paulie had only been around for about a year at the time, whereas Carrot has been with the Straw Hats for about four now. Only time will tell, of course, but I'm perfectly willing to bet that Oda is going to start throwing curve balls in the patterns.
Carrot’s been 4 years now, but her spotlight immediately taken by Yamato once Yamato appeared. Carrot feels more like Vivi at this moment, an honorary member. If Carrot can’t use haki, or doesn’t have any DF that makes her power a lot stronger, she’s more like a Vivi. And she needs to change her name to fit the alphabet pattern. That’s my opinion anyway.

And about Monet, although many One Piece fans believe she has died, I’ve seen your theories why she hasn’t died. One crazy idea from me is: Vegapunk. Although Monet is “dead”, Vegapunk being the most prominent scientist in One Piece world may as well be reviving Monet. And after being revived, Monet still retains her Devil Fruit powers but she loses memory about her previous life, and somehow becomes Vegapunk’s “slave”. That connection with Vegapunk, will make Straw Hat crew wants to help her and once she got helped, she will join the crew with new name fitting the alphabet pattern. One thing for sure about female nakamas: they were bonded to the antagonists at some point. Nami to Arlong, Robin to Crocodile, Yamato to Kaido. Monet being revived from the death, becoming Vegapunk’s slave sounds a lot more logical.

And about Monet, although many One Piece fans believe she has died, I’ve seen your theories why she hasn’t died. One crazy idea from me is: Vegapunk. Although Monet is “dead”, Vegapunk being the most prominent scientist in One Piece world may as well be reviving Monet. And after being revived, Monet still retains her Devil Fruit powers but she loses memory about her previous life, and somehow becomes Vegapunk’s “slave”. That connection with Vegapunk, will make Straw Hat crew wants to help her and once she got helped, she will join the crew with new name fitting the alphabet pattern. One thing for sure about female nakamas: they were bonded to the antagonists at some point. Nami to Arlong, Robin to Crocodile, Yamato to Kaido. Monet being revived from the death, becoming Vegapunk’s slave sounds a lot more logical.
I could see that, though I think it might be interesting if rather than a controlling and manipulative relationship like the other girls have had, Monet has a more amicable relationship with Vegapunk. I get the impression that Vegapunk is a much kinder person than we've been led to believe by things like cyberizing Kuma, so I'm not so sure that he'd intentionally enslave Monet. I also don't think that she needs reviving myself, but again, that's definitely an interesting angle. Having amnesia would definitely explain why she didn't hightail it to Dressrosa.

I could see that, though I think it might be interesting if rather than a controlling and manipulative relationship like the other girls have had, Monet has a more amicable relationship with Vegapunk. I get the impression that Vegapunk is a much kinder person than we've been led to believe by things like cyberizing Kuma, so I'm not so sure that he'd intentionally enslave Monet. I also don't think that she needs reviving myself, but again, that's definitely an interesting angle. Having amnesia would definitely explain why she didn't hightail it to Dressrosa.
Ah yes I forgot that Vegapunk is far more morally good. Or maybe Vegapunk does revive her for him to achieve new purpose as him being a scientist, but seeing Vegapunk’s success, World Govt / Celestial Dragon wants Monet as their “slave”, as it’s one of Vegapunk’s success to defy death (and also Monet’s unique Harpy physical appearance). Vegapunk doesn’t have any other choice but to obey, and he has to delete / unintentionally delete Monet’s past life but retaining her devil fruit power, giving her new identity. I thought about this because it’s one of the possible ways for Oda to bring back Monet in canon way, after what anime did. Because some OP fans are anime based not manga based. The stab to the heart thing is a bit of plot hole, and “reviving” Monet is the most logical way to integrate Monet more into the future story.

Ah yes I forgot that Vegapunk is far more morally good. Or maybe Vegapunk does revive her for him to achieve new purpose as him being a scientist, but seeing Vegapunk’s success, World Govt / Celestial Dragon wants Monet as their “slave”, as it’s one of Vegapunk’s success to defy death (and also Monet’s unique Harpy physical appearance). Vegapunk doesn’t have any other choice but to obey, and he has to delete / unintentionally delete Monet’s past life but retaining her devil fruit power, giving her new identity. I thought about this because it’s one of the possible ways for Oda to bring back Monet in canon way, after what anime did. Because some OP fans are anime based not manga based. The stab to the heart thing is a bit of plot hole, and “reviving” Monet is the most logical way to integrate Monet more into the future story.
That would definitely make sense, though I think that there's an easy workaround that wouldn't require the manga to conform to the anime: the anime could justify it as Caesar's imagination. Remember, even in the manga, he's sure that he stabbed the heart thoroughly enough to kill Smoker. In the anime, we see the shrapnel embedded straight into Monet's heart, lining up with Caesar's intentions. If he hallucinated that part though just because he was so sure it happened, it could be justified that we were shown that happening even though it wasn't true.

Holy fuck. All of this only to prove that Jinbei is blue?
The opposite, actually! All of this because it was proven that Jinbei isn't blue!

That would definitely make sense, though I think that there's an easy workaround that wouldn't require the manga to conform to the anime: the anime could justify it as Caesar's imagination. Remember, even in the manga, he's sure that he stabbed the heart thoroughly enough to kill Smoker. In the anime, we see the shrapnel embedded straight into Monet's heart, lining up with Caesar's intentions. If he hallucinated that part though just because he was so sure it happened, it could be justified that we were shown that happening even though it wasn't true.

The opposite, actually! All of this because it was proven that Jinbei isn't blue!
Hallucination thing might be good, but the contrast thing for people who doesn’t want Monet to be alive/to be nakama is that if it’s a hallucination, why both manga & anime shows Monet coughs up blood? If the stab is shallow because of the hallucinations, Monet shouldn’t be shown coughing out blood & seemingly passed out. I was thinking the way the cons think. So far I still have 70-80% faith that Monet is alive, because so far nobody has eaten / shown having her Devil Fruit. It’s either that she’s still alive (like you suggested) or she died, but being resurrected (like I suggested)

And I have a theory, although it’s a bit far-fetched, but somehow Mugiwara girls (or future Mugiwara girls) are somewhat similar to X-Women of Marvel. The connection is like this:

Nami - Storm

Both are the de facto leader of each respective group if the leader/captain (Luffy/Cyclops) is not available, and most likely they are the ones who gives decisions. The other connection is that both powers involves weather.

Robin - Rogue

Coincidentally, both name started with “Ro” and have 5 letters. Both need to have physical contact to attack the enemy, where Robin sprouts her limbs & Rogue need to punch / skin to skin contact. Coincidentally too, Rogue’s real name is Anna Marie, and Robin’s full name is Nico Robin. Both are 9 letters, with 4 then 5. This connection leads to my theory about Robin’s power development (I still don’t know how to connect the link here LOL sorry)

Monet - Phoenix

Both connections are about birds, and both are the strongest of their kind (Monet being a Logia user, and Phoenix is an Omega Level mutant). And if my theory about’s Monet’s “revival” were true, it would have been more fitting with Phoenix’s back story. On the other hand, their powers are quite contrary; Monet is snow Logia, while Phoenix is telepath, telekinetic, and Phoenix Force avatar which allows here to control cosmic fire. The other thing: both signature colours are connected with green.

Yamato - Psylocke

Both can be far / close combatant, and Psylocke have identity issue swapping bodies with ninja Kwannon, same case with Yamato having identity issue as Oden. They are also somehow being connected with Japanese theme, and Yamato’s ability of Nari Kabura (which is invisible) is pretty similar with how Psylocke uses her telekinesis / telepathy. Not to mention Yamato’s hair is gradation from white to Aqua to blue, and Psylocke has been known dyeing her hair from black, to dark purple, to purple back and forth.

And if we want to consider them on more details, all of them have long hair.

Last edited:
Enjoyed reading @Tokiro Oumaga, not gonna argue any points, just to ask about Hancock. If she were to join, which color would be hers? She wore both red and purple, so there is the two options in my opinion. Vermilion which is right next to red (Luffy) and most similar to red fits, especially with her Pirate Empress epithet

The other option is bthe color between Sanji and Robin, a variation of purple. I think if she were to join tho, it would be the red

Your theory was very good and enjoable however I think that Ocher belongs to shades of brown and not to yellow/orange category.
Personally I'm not convinced that the future Mugiwaras will be associated to "obscure" colours such as vermillion, Saffron or others. I Think that Oda will go with "simple" colour such as Black or White, Gray, Magenta or Violet. I know that Brook is associated with both Black and White, but nothing is written in stone. For example, before volume 99 Franky was "the father" of the Strawhat family. With Jinbe's entry he was moved to "pervy old hag" role and Jinbe credited as father. So Oda can choose to associated Black or White with another strawhat and change Brook association.
If I have to go with my personal speculation baed on colours I'll say

- White: Vivi. She was already associated with white and she is also associate with number 5.5. So 5+5=10. She can be the 10th Strawhat. Even the sign she shared with the rest of the crew was an X that is the roman number for 10. She is quite weak but she could have eaten the Nikyu nikyu no mi as others theorized I think she could not online move very fast to Wano but also substain a fight in the New World. She can be the lookout of the crew. Vivi can also fit the alphabet theory as Miss Wednesday or simpli ViVi as W. She probably will have a dream involving the overthrow of the World Government (she will not join revolutionary knowing that she can achieve her dream only reaching Laugh Tale...)

- Magenta: Pekoms. I think magenta based on Fishman Island, Zou and Whole Cake Island outfit. He fit the alphabet pattern with P letter, and also has some parallelism with Usopp and Franky. For example he was a troublemaker in his hometown, he wore a mask with a star shape, he had an alter ego identity (Sogeking, Franky and Nazoms) and he has sun glasses such as Franky and Usopp's googles. He can be the broker/informer of the crew and give other crewmembers upgrade and weapons the same way Usopp and Franky did. He can have a dream involving the Dawn of the world.

- Violet: Bellamy. I think the color is based on his pre time skip cape and post time skip jacket. He can fit the aplhabet patter as Bellamy the Hyena (a little stretched). He has an artistic ability such as Sanji (cooking) and Brook (music) as he's a dyer/painter. His role in the crew can be the Rigger, especially using his bane bane no mi power to jump from one point to another. His dream can be reaching Emerald City (such as All Blue and Twin Cape) or create an indestructible flag that will conquer the Grand Line.

Also Oda can go with a Gray option but I can't find a suitable candidate (Crocodile, Gin, Smoker.....I don't think they will join).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, but I'm not a native english speaker.

I personally agree but a bit disagree with your theory about colours. Here’s the thing: if you notice, the main 6 colours of rainbow are the 6 “human” members of Straw Hat Pirates:
Luffy (red), Nami (orange), Usopp (yellow), Zoro (green), Sanji (blue), and Robin (violet).

It’s a clue that Brook’s colour is “black & white” referring to the deep/light colored version of the human members, as balance. Chopper is pink, Luffy’s lighter shade. Franky is cyan, Sanji’s lighter shade. Jinbe on the other hand, is ochre, which we can assume is Usopp’s deeper shade. So I guess that the ones left are Zoro’s shade, Nami’s shade, and Robin’s shade.

since the RGB are coincidentally Monster Trio, the ones with “lighter” shade are literally the “weaker” version of them. Chopper is weaker than Luffy, and Franky is weaker than Sanji. So in this case, Nami, Usopp, Robin have deeper shade / stronger crew member to represent them. Jinbe is stronger than Usopp, right? So I guess for Yamato, he/she will get “deeper” shade of Orange, because his/her horns are shade from red to orange.

And also I am quite a believer of nakamas with alphabet theory. Carrot most likely won’t join since SHP already has Chopper; both have initial names started with C. If the alphabet theory is right, we have GH, WX, and OP left open. Yamato will most likely to change his/her name to be Oden, like how Franky’s real name is Cutty Flam. Not to mention that we haven’t known if Carrot is str

And for Monet’s case, I also believe that she’s somewhat alive. Her devil fruit is too good to be wasted. I won’t believe she’s dead until someone eats her DF. Another thing is that I read about your theory that Monet & Sugar’s name are not their real names, which might be true. It’s a bit weird that their names sound so “far”, because although not related by blood, Nami & Nojiko has similar “N” to their names. And for Monet if she joins SHP, she will fit the “light green” colour, well because although a Logia she is “weaker” than Zoro.

Another fun thing to note is that the pattern MFMM isn’t that obvious. 10 - 3 comparison is too much, 9 - 4 is more like it. Imagine Luffy in the middle, with 6 crew members on each side of him consisting of 4 male and 2 females. If Yamato is considered a “male”, then the MFMM pattern is broken. And also, 4 “females” (including Yamato) is being hinted by their powers. Nami is non DF, Robin is Paramecia, and Yamato is probably a Zoan. The only one left is Logia female (I assume Monet)
Great points especially with the distincition between human and non human SHs. Id like to add that also on the Alphabet pattern, you can see a separation, with Brook, Chopper, Franky, Jinbe all being above Luffy, in the A-J half. Then you have the human members below Luffy, from M-Z (Nami, Robin, Sanji, Usopp, Zoro). If you add Yamato as Oden, the you arguably have
A-J non humans (animal, cyborg, merfolk, skeleton)
Then the captain at KL
Then M-R you have the female members
And then S-Z the male humans

And i agree with you, id like there to be 4 females (if there is 13 final members), which would then break this mini pattern but i dont mind

Your theory was very good and enjoable however I think that Ocher belongs to shades of brown and not to yellow/orange category.
Personally I'm not convinced that the future Mugiwaras will be associated to "obscure" colours such as vermillion, Saffron or others. I Think that Oda will go with "simple" colour such as Black or White, Gray, Magenta or Violet. I know that Brook is associated with both Black and White, but nothing is written in stone. For example, before volume 99 Franky was "the father" of the Strawhat family. With Jinbe's entry he was moved to "pervy old hag" role and Jinbe credited as father. So Oda can choose to associated Black or White with another strawhat and change Brook association.
If I have to go with my personal speculation baed on colours I'll say

- White: Vivi. She was already associated with white and she is also associate with number 5.5. So 5+5=10. She can be the 10th Strawhat. Even the sign she shared with the rest of the crew was an X that is the roman number for 10. She is quite weak but she could have eaten the Nikyu nikyu no mi as others theorized I think she could not online move very fast to Wano but also substain a fight in the New World. She can be the lookout of the crew. Vivi can also fit the alphabet theory as Miss Wednesday or simpli ViVi as W. She probably will have a dream involving the overthrow of the World Government (she will not join revolutionary knowing that she can achieve her dream only reaching Laugh Tale...)

- Magenta: Pekoms. I think magenta based on Fishman Island, Zou and Whole Cake Island outfit. He fit the alphabet pattern with P letter, and also has some parallelism with Usopp and Franky. For example he was a troublemaker in his hometown, he wore a mask with a star shape, he had an alter ego identity (Sogeking, Franky and Nazoms) and he has sun glasses such as Franky and Usopp's googles. He can be the broker/informer of the crew and give other crewmembers upgrade and weapons the same way Usopp and Franky did. He can have a dream involving the Dawn of the world.

- Violet: Bellamy. I think the color is based on his pre time skip cape and post time skip jacket. He can fit the aplhabet patter as Bellamy the Hyena (a little stretched). He has an artistic ability such as Sanji (cooking) and Brook (music) as he's a dyer/painter. His role in the crew can be the Rigger, especially using his bane bane no mi power to jump from one point to another. His dream can be reaching Emerald City (such as All Blue and Twin Cape) or create an indestructible flag that will conquer the Grand Line.

Also Oda can go with a Gray option but I can't find a suitable candidate (Crocodile, Gin, Smoker.....I don't think they will join).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, but I'm not a native english speaker.
Actually brown is a combination of red, yellow, and blue, and furthermore what we are talking about here is the ochre (or ocher) color which actually belongs to Yellow, and it’s deeper shade of yellow, thus the name is Yellow Ochre. Hence in Japanese, Ochre color is written as “黄土色“ or Oudoiro, and Oda also stated this in current SBS, which Ou/Ki is Yellow, Do is Earth, Iro is color. So basically speaking Oudoiro means “Yellow Earth colour”

for Bellamy, that still doesn’t count. Remember that epithets are different than names, hence Bellamy the Hyena, Hyena stands for his epithet, same case like Nico Robin the Devil Child, etc.

Actually brown is a combination of red, yellow, and blue, and furthermore what we are talking about here is the ochre (or ocher) color which actually belongs to Yellow, and it’s deeper shade of yellow, thus the name is Yellow Ochre. Hence in Japanese, Ochre color is written as “黄土色“ or Oudoiro, and Oda also stated this in current SBS, which Ou/Ki is Yellow, Do is Earth, Iro is color. So basically speaking Oudoiro means “Yellow Earth colour”

for Bellamy, that still doesn’t count. Remember that epithets are different than names, hence Bellamy the Hyena, Hyena stands for his epithet, same case like Nico Robin the Devil Child, etc.
Yeah I'm not convincere a Out the Hyena part too. Maybe Bellamy is the surname as the real life Samuel Bellamy? Probabily not but I see him as the perfect 13th strawhat. For the Ochre part my point is I think Oda won't choose colours difficult to depict Mugiwaras so I think the colours I proposed are more probable than Saffron, Vermilion, Turquoise or others, but is only my convincement 😀

Great points especially with the distincition between human and non human SHs. Id like to add that also on the Alphabet pattern, you can see a separation, with Brook, Chopper, Franky, Jinbe all being above Luffy, in the A-J half. Then you have the human members below Luffy, from M-Z (Nami, Robin, Sanji, Usopp, Zoro). If you add Yamato as Oden, the you arguably have
A-J non humans (animal, cyborg, merfolk, skeleton)
Then the captain at KL
Then M-R you have the female members
And then S-Z the male humans

And i agree with you, id like there to be 4 females (if there is 13 final members), which would then break this mini pattern but i dont mind
Actually if Yamato changes her name, it’d in between Oden, or Hannya, because she uses Hannya mask before. If you think that above Luffy are non human members, then Yamato as Hannya will fit the GH pattern & above Luffy pattern

Actually if Yamato changes her name, it’d in between Oden, or Hannya, because she uses Hannya mask before. If you think that above Luffy are non human members, then Yamato as Hannya will fit the GH pattern & above Luffy pattern
Why she has to change her name? I can understand Oden but Hannya is very speculative also beacuse she doesn't use the mask anymore. Also I see that more as an epiteth than a proper name. Furthermore if you think, Franky fit the pattern with his real name Cutty Flam and not only with the nickname

Yeah I'm not convincere a Out the Hyena part too. Maybe Bellamy is the surname as the real life Samuel Bellamy? Probabily not but I see him as the perfect 13th strawhat. For the Ochre part my point is I think Oda won't choose colours difficult to depict Mugiwaras so I think the colours I proposed are more probable than Saffron, Vermilio, Turquoise or others, but is online my convincement 😀
Bellamy is already a part of Straw Hat Grand Fleet, and the pattern is kinda a bit obscure. In East Blue, all recruited crews are humans without Devil Fruit, in Grand Line are combination of human (Robin) and “weird humanoid creatures” (Chopper being half human as he ate Hito Hito no Mi, Franky being half robot, and Brook being half alive & dead), and in New World are special race.

Although in East Blue & Grand Line the pattern is MFMM, Oda might want to “reverse” it this time. Yamato is physically a female but she wants to be as Oden and pronounced as a male, and Bellamy as another Paramecia user may sound a bit off since we have 3 Paramecias already.

For the color part, I think Oda might be overshadowing things with choosing Ochre as deep yellow, because there are plenty of more familiar color than Ochre as shades of Yellow. Maybe Oda wants to differentiate things with Jinbe is a bit “darker” and for merchandise to be easily distinguished between Jinbe and Usopp. And I’ve mentioned before that coincidentally, the lighter shade of color are the “weaker” version of Monster Trio. So far Luffy & Sanji’s color have “lighter” version of them; which is Pink & Cyan, who are Chopper & Franky respectively, and both Chopper & Franky are “weaker” than Luffy & Sanji, therefore only lighter shade of Green (Zoro) left, in which we can assume is Monet’s colour. Jinbe being Ochre or “deeper/darker” shade of Yellow is a hint that Jinbe is stronger than Usopp, so there should be deeper shade of Orange, and for Robin I still don’t know if it’s deeper/lighter shade of purple because Robin is strong enough as a fighter, but I could assume that it’s deeper shade of purple, since we can see in Mugiwara 56 color spread they are wearing their official color. Below is the example.

Why she has to change her name? I can understand Oden but Hannya is very speculative also beacuse she doesn't use the mask anymore. Also I see that more as an epiteth than a proper name. Furthermore if you think, Franky fit the pattern with his real name Cutty Flam and not only with the nickname
In my theory, because currently she says that she wants to “severe” her chains with Kaido, and that could possibly be her name. I’ve mentioned above that only Luffy knows “Yamato”, as Franky has seen her but had no idea who she is and he just believed that Yamato is an ally. Other Mugiwaras haven’t met with Yamato and don’t know that Yamato is physically a female, because she’s been mentioned as Kaido’s son.

Franky’s real name Cutty Flam had always been mentioned Cutty Flam, he was never mentioned as “Flam” only, different case like Robin, Chopper, Zoro, or any Mugiwaras with surname. So Yamato changing her name to be Oden (this is the most likely one) or Hannya sounds like it, if you have read Tokiro’s alphabet theory. Yamato changing her name only to fit with the theory, if she doesn’t change is fine. Or maybe Yamato will change her name as Otamay? That sounds weird though LOL

Robin, Franky and Brook race is still Human, the same for Monet. Even Kaido and Yamato can be human such as Magellan, Moria, Hannyabal and so on.
Franky & Brook are indeed still human, basically, but they are on special case unlike Robin who is still human inside out. Franky as half Cyborg, Brook as living skeleton. Both are under the circumstances of “weird humans”. What I meant as “humans” here are they are humans both inside & out physically, like Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Robin. For Monet, Kaido, Yamato and else I don’t consider them as human. Humanoid? Yes. 100% human? No.

Last edited:
Cutty is the surname and Flam the name. Japanese language works as this. Still not convinced by the Yamato name change although she is a good new nakama candidate.
I know that Japanese names work like that, that’s why I gave example. Either way Yamato changing name or not doesn’t matter for me. It’s just that changing her name would fit with the alphabet nakama pattern. I don’t mind actually, as long as she truly joins the estrogens and Sanji having weird obsession on her (probably Sanji will call her Yama-kun or Yama-dono)