JJK 198 Spoilers

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
light isnt gonna like this chapter
I don't have a problem with Maki being strong. My argument was that upon her awakening she was not as strong as Toji, which was proven correct without a doubt, while people were arguing she was as strong if not stronger than Toji back then lmao. I've always said that she'd end up being as strong as him one day.

Anyway, like I always said, Maki is just a cheap knockoff of Toji. I had hoped this would change but nah. She's just a Walmart version of Toji. Less likable, less enjoyable, less interesting, etc.

D

Deleted member 83

This arc has been dragging on for too long, and this is the worst one yet
What’s even the point of making a Maki Sue
and don’t get me started on those two that basically have “plot device” written all over them

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Told you not to hype naoya :myman:

Also gege did a mistake by making him come again.
Frankly yes, if it was just for this Gege made a mistake. The fight overall was quite bad and uninspired
It could have been great but it fell flat

And no, I was 100% right. The guy pushed Maki + Kamo to the brink and Maki needed a training + help from two strong guys + PU to beat him.

Naoya with evolved form super speed + human form and DE is a beast.

thinking Naoya was here just to be low diffed again was crazy

Again, the mindset thing isn't an issue at all, we've seen it numerous times in the series. Some break through it and achieve greater heights (Yuji, Gojo etc) others never do (Nanami).

But the execution of her becoming free is bad. With Todo and Yuji, we got Todo's introduction an arc before he fought with Yuji, and then a couple of chapters of them fighting and talking. For Gojo it was his own breakthrough, by himself, due to being near death.

For Maki we get a rushed introduction of two powerhouses who somehow just fit the mold of who she needs as a teacher.

An equivalent of that would have been if Kusakabe was introduced in the Sister School Event, and in the next chapter he teaches Yuji how to fight without a CT. Or if Todo didn't have a CT but was a prodigy in using CE so he's the perfect teacher for Yuji. And all that so Yuji can transcend and be the equivalent of some former sorcerer.

Maki needs to distance herself from Toji as a character. It doesn't help that they have the same sword, same look, and now are outright said to be the same.
The only off thing was the intro of sumo and katana guys. But even then we saw a bit of background and it makes sense how they ended up there. Before them Kamo and Maki were losing and Naoya was flaming Maki. Her doubt and confusion led up to that moment. She got 2-3 whole chapters dedicated to finding out what she lacked and how to experience it. Compared to Gojo whose growth was literally off-screened and then he comes back or Yuji who did 5 BFs in like 2 chapters while starting to fight Hanami.

The pacing was good, two random dudes aside. I agree she needs to be less like Toji in those respects but she’s already more than you realize. She destroyed everything while Toji ran away, has friends she cares about, her PU was due to the loss of her important person. Powerwise they are same but character motivation they are like night and day.

The only off thing was the intro of sumo and katana guys. But even then we saw a bit of background and it makes sense how they ended up there. Before them Kamo and Maki were losing and Naoya was flaming Maki. Her doubt and confusion led up to that moment. She got 2-3 whole chapters dedicated to finding out what she lacked and how to experience it. Compared to Gojo whose growth was literally off-screened and then he comes back or Yuji who did 5 BFs in like 2 chapters while starting to fight Hanami.

The pacing was good, two random dudes aside. I agree she needs to be less like Toji in those respects but she’s already more than you realize. She destroyed everything while Toji ran away, has friends she cares about, her PU was due to the loss of her important person. Powerwise they are same but character motivation they are like night and day.
You're showing clear bias here.
Yuji's Black Flashes were a result of his prior training that spanned through couple of chapters. With an established character.

Gojo's power up happened of screen because he was near death, dude. It was about him descovering RCT and through that refining his CE control even more.

But you just brush that away, especially the Yuji example, to make the recent developments seem better than they are.

Katana and Sumo have spent their WHOLE time in the manga teaching Maki. Todo existend unrelated to Yuji before they even met, and then interacted with Yuji extensively both physicaly and mentaly all on page.

Maki got half a chapter of on page training and we are supposed to call that equal and deserved?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yuji mastering black flash (something really hard to master) in no time and spamming it like no tomorrow wasn’t amazing too
A bit too shonen cliche mc like

Yuji mastering black flash (something really hard to master) in no time and spamming it like no tomorrow wasn’t amazing too
A bit too shonen cliche mc like
It was explaind why tho: with the way Divergent Fist works, Black Flash is easy to grasp (theoretically). And once you land the first one you are closer to the "core" of CE; you're in the zone