JJK 217 Spoilers

Weird chapter, i don't see the point of this, Megumi should already be in shambles knowing his whole life has been a lie with his sister not being his siter but a curse from 1k years ago.....Sukuna should just be going around clapping cheeks rn ( yeah he's doing it but still....)
His whole life? But Yorozu only incarnated in Tsumiki recently? She was completely normal before

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Weird chapter, i don't see the point of this, Megumi should already be in shambles knowing his whole life has been a lie with his sister not being his siter but a curse from 1k years ago.....Sukuna should just be going around clapping cheeks rn ( yeah he's doing it but still....)
Disagree.

I was thinking the same but once we got to find out that Megumi is fighting from the inside to lower Sukuna's power for Yuuji and Maki to get hits in. You know that bro is fighting.

Now we are in suspense and waiting for who will save him from this.

Before Sukuna kills Yorozu in Tsumiki's body, someone will arrive.

Yeah but does Megumi know that ?
I mean he probably figured it out due to the amount of incarnated sorcerers in the CG.

When Yorozu revealed himself Megumi's shock was twofold:
- he was shocked that Tsumiki had an incarnated sorcerer in her
- and he was shocked that his quest for points in order to get her out of the game was futile

Jjk lost the plot after shibuya arc imo
The manga had so much potential at the beginning though
All these new gen manga ( kimetsu , chainsaw man, my hero ,jujutsu kaisen ect ) they all started good but fell of so fast
Atleast the old gen like naruto bleach one piece start to fell off after 600 chapters

JJK hasn't had a great chapter in a while. You can tell everything is immensely rushed and things just fail to live up to what was set. I wish Gege would take it a slower, regular pace, but seems he's deadset on ending it as soon as possible.
I think the opposite. Gege learned from the big 3 main mistake: their horrible pacing fulled with useless subplots, flashbacks, over-repetitive scenes, endless moralizing/emo dialogues about good and evil...

On the other hand Gege took the fast and furious path avoiding those inflated boring forced extensions.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I think the opposite. Gege learned from the big 3 main mistake: their horrible pacing fulled with useless subplots, flashbacks, over-repetitive scenes, endless moralizing/emo dialogues about good and evil...

On the other hand Gege took the fast and furious path avoiding those inflated boring forced extensions.
To each their own, but I said I wish Gege kept it at a regular pace, his regular pace. I didn't like the last few chapters at all. I was looking forward to the bath and it was hyped for a few chapters only to be resolved within a few pages with nothing grandiose coming out of it. Sukuna appearing in front of Ryu just like that, and then a page later, Yorozu is there. I don't mind fast pace, but this is clearly rushed. We wasted an entire volume on Maki becoming Toji again, with two plot devices, whose names I don't even remember any longer, but things are rushed now and weird.

Edit: And it's weird because these are the things we want to see in detail. These are the things that are necessary. If the Heian era flashback is rushed like this, it will be a massive flop. If there is any at all lol, with how fast Gege is trying to end it.

Gege said he wants to finish this year. Let's take his word for it and even extend it a few months. Even if we give him an entire year from now, that'll be around 40 chapters. 40 chapters for the Heian era flashback, freeing Gojo, Gojo and Sukuna fighting, beating Kenjaku, potentially fighting against Sukuna again, freeing Megumi, dealing with Tengen, figuring out what it is Sukuna wants, and the aftermath. Not to mention finding out more about Kenny, Yuji's parents, Kashimo fighting Sukuna, what happens with the rest of the gang, where and what's going on with Nobara, what was the plot with Miwa wondering around in colonies, etc.

And that's with me extending it. And taking into account December as well having a regular month schedule and not those typical breaks.

If we take Gege's word and he wants to end it by the end of the year, that's somewhere from 20-30ish chapters.

Last edited:
Jjk lost the plot after shibuya arc imo
The manga had so much potential at the beginning though
All these new gen manga ( kimetsu , chainsaw man, my hero ,jujutsu kaisen ect ) they all started good but fell of so fast
Atleast the old gen like naruto bleach one piece start to fell off after 600 chapters
Jjk lost your expectations after Shibuya arc.

It's a matter of expectations. A I see it Gege's story/plot is all about Sukuna, his return and his definitive death/destruction.

Chars and world buildings arn't his stuff. Jjk side chars are what they are: side chars and hype tools for the MCs (basically Sukuna, Kenjaku, Yuji, Gojo and maybe Megumi).

As in GoT, beloved and apparently important chars die as brutally than unexpectedly.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Absolutely. The lowest point of JJK. I was even deterred from reading weekly at that point lmao. I somehow forced my way through it tho, but it was tough.
It was lame from the beginning to its end.

Only cool concept was monster Naoya but everything around it and even its execution was lame as fuck

- Kamo doing nothing
- Naoya getting weaker and weaker and more stupid / plot nerfed
- the two guys saving Makiโ€ฆ.. waste of space
- maki training in the middle of the fight while Naoya doing nothing โ€ฆ..
- maki bullshit PU after PU

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
It was lame from the beginning to its end.

Only cool concept was monster Naoya but everything around it and even its execution was lame as fuck

- Kamo doing nothing
- Naoya getting weaker and weaker and more stupid / plot nerfed
- the two guys saving Makiโ€ฆ.. waste of space
- maki training in the middle of the fight while Naoya doing nothing โ€ฆ..
- maki bullshit PU after PU
Yeah I absolutely agree. I was fighting to read the chapters lmao. I honestly can't remember the names of those guys, one I think was Daido or something like that and I don't even have a clue what the 2nd's name is at all. Naoya standing there not doing anything while Maki is having fun was ewww.

I like Toji, a lot, he's my 2nd favourite character, but did we really need an entire volume about Maki becoming like him soon after the Zenin incident?? It could have easily been added there and saved enough room for other more interesting things.

Gege said he wants to finish this year. Let's take his word for it and even extend it a few months. Even if we give him an entire year from now, that'll be around 40 chapters. 40 chapters for the Heian era flashback, freeing Gojo, Gojo and Sukuna fighting, beating Kenjaku, potentially fighting against Sukuna again, freeing Megumi, dealing with Tengen, figuring out what it is Sukuna wants, and the aftermath. Not to mention finding out more about Kenny, Yuji's parents, Kashimo fighting Sukuna, what happens with the rest of the gang, where and what's going on with Nobara, what was the plot with Miwa wondering around in colonies, etc.
These are your (legit) expectations though, not Gege/JJK's core plot which is, still imo, Sukuna's return and defeat.

Besides, I've always thought that trying to explain/show everything was many mangakas' biggest mistake. They always get bogged down in asspulled and inconsistent explanations.

My opinion.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
These are your (legit) expectations though, not Gege/JJK's core plot which is, still imo, Sukuna's return and defeat.

Besides, I've always thought that trying to explain/show everything was many mangakas' biggest mistake. They always get bogged down in asspulled and inconsistent explanations.

My opinion.
Well I obviously disagree about it. These are all plot points that need to be addressed. Basic Chekhov's gun. Don't introduce stuff that has no relevancy at all. All of those plot points that I've wrote there are major plot points, maybe with a few exceptions that I could grant you like Miwa and stuff, but the rest is a necessary part of the story.

For instance, Gege said in an interview that Gojo will be the one to tell Megumi about Toji. Ipso facto, Gojo needs to be freed to have that talk with Megumi in a way or another.

Gojo vs Sukuna is the battle that's been teased from the first chapters.

Kenjaku needs to go down, and it will most likely be Yuta that does it.

We need to see Sukuna and his story. How he came to be, what happened, and that's been teased as well.

Nobara's state needs to be addressed clearly. You build up this mystery to resolve it. Etc.