JJK Chapter 262 (Part 2) Spoilers

yeah people just bitch to bitch cause the mangaka isnt doing what they want them to do.
Fan entitlement is always going to take up a major share of the critique for anything popular.

Still, are you loving these choices you've been seeing lately? Do you find the last 20-30 or so chapters to have made for a satisfying read? How do you feel about the direction and final arc of the manga as a whole?

I answer to all of these negatively and I don't have any particular thoughts or strong feelings on what I think Gege should do or should have done, but I do know that I've not liked most of their choices for the past several months at least - with a few exceptions here and there.

That is my idol, yes :myman:
Sukuna, the walking plot armor made a lot of people lose interest lol. Sukuna fans are sticking around, of course. They think this is peak 🀣
Lmfao

the only way sukuna made people lose interest in this manga is by killing everyone’s idolo
Now the Gojosisters can stop with the "Sukuna plot armor" bullshit.
They will never
Gojo sissies have been hurt deep ever since ch 236 dropped

they will hate all the β€œ glazing β€œ sukuna gets but at the same time eat up gojo’s portrayal like nothin

full on hypocrites

Entire fandom: this is repetitive af and extremely predictable

Sukuna fans: you’re just mad gojo died πŸ€ͺ

like ffs take your stan hat off and look at things objectively. Even in Japan people are complaining about how the fight has been going. It’s an universal complaint

There is nothing wrong with Sukuna being OP and characters struggling against him, or Gege throwing everyone at him.

It is just that the fight has been very repetitive.
I would have liked some intense battle chapters of Uraume vs Hikari.

It seems like Gege had planned to end the series, but somehow he is now trying to drag it as much as he can.

Yuta using Gojo's body shows protagonists' hopelessness and how hard they are trying.

The message is there, but it has been going on for too long to leave a lasting impact on readers.

The biggest problem with the Sukuna fight post Gojo is how little of it has been interesting.

Introducing tidbits of information here and there to fill in the various backgrounds of the various characters just isn't going to cut it at this stage of the series. At this stage, people want resolution that they're simply not getting.

I'm not bored by the manga, but I'm getting there, which is bad. Frustration isn't great, but that at least reflects investment. Boredom isn't where I want to be with the manga, and yet we're almost there.

I think the root of it all is Gege trying to stuff 400-500 chapters worth of story into half as many chapters.

There is nothing wrong with Sukuna being OP and characters struggling against him, or Gege throwing everyone at him.

It is just that the fight has been very repetitive.
I would have liked some intense battle chapters of Uraume vs Hikari.

It seems like Gege had planned to end the series, but somehow he is now trying to drag it as much as he can.

Yuta using Gojo's body shows protagonists' hopelessness and how hard they are trying.

The message is there, but it has been going on for too long to leave a lasting impact on readers.
Re read the fight from the start to actual chapter in one row

Indigo

Let the Past Die
β€Ž
It's crazy to think that, when this part of the story gets animated, they are gonna need like one or two seasons of just fighting Sukuna lmao

this is absurd

Seven7

πŸ†ƒπŸ…·πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚ πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚ πŸ…ΌπŸ†ˆ πŸ…΄πŸ†πŸ…°
β€Ž
The biggest problem with the Sukuna fight post Gojo is how little of it has been interesting.

Introducing tidbits of information here and there to fill in the various backgrounds of the various characters just isn't going to cut it at this stage of the series. At this stage, people want resolution that they're simply not getting.

I'm not bored by the manga, but I'm getting there, which is bad. Frustration isn't great, but that at least reflects investment. Boredom isn't where I want to be with the manga, and yet we're almost there.

I think the root of it all is Gege trying to stuff 400-500 chapters worth of story into half as many chapters.
Not disagreeing there

Pacing has been my biggest problem too
Jjk has the op effect
Somehow rushed and dragged at the same time

I know why mangakas insist on bait cliffhangers,
it's just that they just get stale real fast.

Not disagreeing there

Pacing has been my biggest problem too
Jjk has the op effect
Somehow rushed and dragged at the same time
It feels rushed and dragged at the same time because it feels like you've had a 3 course meal but you didn't get to finish any of your plates.

Too much of Gege's worldbuilding is after the fact and ad-hoc. His overuse of textboxes to explain and expound and contextualise, etc. are all reflective of him not doing the legwork to communicate his story without crutches.

So much of this manga, imo, comes down to how well the cast of characters have been received. I think this is a series where less is more has been misunderstood, and I don't think it's going to age well.

Last edited:
Unfortunately fake spoilers regarding Yuji for chapter 263, Gege should wrap this Yutajo fusion stuff soon and finally show Yujis true power, unbelievable how you can fumble a Shonen MC this much by him doing so little over 263 chapters (i don't mind him being somewhat underpowered or i wouldn't read World Trigger).

I feel like I was robbed of good ol shonen villain arcs and power ups. Gege hates his MC, like actually. How are you gonna give your MC a powerup and reveal his important bloodline at the VERY END of the manga? Yuji has basically been given nothing in terms of relevant growth. Yes he has soul punch, yes he has Shrine. Who cares? The author doesn't. Soul punch seems to be an excuse of a powerup thats basically like,"If Yuji didnt have it then Sukuna would be beating everyone's ass with 10% less effort than he is now!" Him getting Shrine was a joke. He can't damage Sukuna with it. Him learning Blood CT was cool, still inconsequential. If he does something crazy with Shrine now it'd be an asspull because why wouldnt he just show it to us when he revealed it? King of Black Flashes seems to also be a meaningless title because now Black Flashes from both sides do no damage...
If he got any of these PU's in literally any of the fights BEFORE Sukuna maybe they would have had more impact. Gege picked the worst time to give his MC a glowup.
I do hope that this manga ends with everything concluded with a neat little bow on top, because there's just wayyyy too much missing as a proper story for it to end by the end of this year. JJK stocks down real low.