Jujutsu Kaisen - Chapter 229 - Inhuman Makyo Shinjuku Showdown 7

Rate this chapter!

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
And keep in mind, Sukuna knows everything Gojo can do bcs of Megumi and Yuji where Gojo doesn't know what Sukuna can do
Yeah he has a significant advantage there. Plus it is also likely that Kenny briefed him on Gojo and the 6 eyes in general.

While apparently these fuckers on Gojo's side discussed Sukuna's domain and stuff but didn't bother to tell Gojo..

Yeah he has a significant advantage there. Plus it is also likely that Kenny briefed him on Gojo and the 6 eyes in general.

While apparently these fuckers on Gojo's side discussed Sukuna's domain and stuff but didn't bother to tell Gojo..

Nah they told Gojo but as they said Gojo probably didnโ€™t know the outcome of clashing with an open barrier domain.

No, reread. Gojo said it, not the narrator. This is what he thinks happened, not necessarily what happened.

It's not a matter of wanking X or Y, but basic logic/reading skills.

We saw that the wheel was active last chapter.

Now we know, as Sukuna does, that he must be directly hit by a CT to adapt Maho through the wheel.

Including IV sur hit.

Consequently Sukuna had to directly experience its effect without being def stunlocked.

0.1 sec was enough for Mahoraga to adapt, but still not enough to get instant fucked up.

Sukuna used a knowledge about Maho's wheel Gojo hadn't.

#outsmarted
Next chapter will make it clear whether it was intentional or not but for now Gojo's words > your theory.

As @Sebastian Michaelis said, "What the point of taking a hit would be when we saw the wheel clicking indicating adaptation last chapter".

Chapter 118: "It was able to recognize dismantle. Both occurred after that wheel on its back turned".

Same thing happened in chapter 228:

So, the wheel rotates after adapting to the technique, hence the reason Gojo said it has already adapted to it.

And it was not 0.1, it was less than 0.01 seconds.

Next chapter will make it clear whether it was intentional or not but for now Gojo's words > your theory.

As @Sebastian Michaelis said, "What the point of taking a hit would be when we saw the wheel clicking indicating adaptation last chapter".

Chapter 118: "It was able to recognize dismantle. Both occurred after that wheel on its back turned".

Same thing happened in chapter 228:

So, the wheel rotates after adapting to the technique, hence the reason Gojo said it has already adapted to it.

And it was not 0.1, it was less than 0.01 seconds.
Unlimited void isnโ€™t spacial manipulation like Red/Purple though so thereโ€™s no way Mahoraga could adapt to it unless Sukuna was hit

I think a nice middle ground for the discussion is this:

Mahoraga's wheel was kept in Sukuna's shadow as a fail-safe - in the off chance Infinite Void hits Sukuna and incapacitates him, Mahoraga would adapt and switch places with Sukuna

Regarding 6. We saw the wheel click last chapter. So I am not sure what the point of taking a hit would be when we saw the wheel clicking indicating adaptation last chapter. He didn't have to get hit by Yorozu's domain to make Maho immune to it.

Fair point.

Though Gojo's IV sure hit is/seems kinda different from infinity-shield/red/blue/purple as it's not related to space/time manipulation but informations overload.

I still don't get the link between infinity and informations, unless it is related to Gojo's 6th eye as some readers think, which would make his domain sure hit different from just his limitless CT (explaining why 6th eye + limitless is so hax).

Now assuming you're right and Gojo is just that strong -which is possible, I'd be disappointed by the Sukuna's entire-serie-fake-hype.

My pov, but I don't like perfect and invincible protags (except Saitama, who's just a walking-joke), nor frauds antags.
Post automatically merged:

Unlimited void isnโ€™t spacial manipulation like Red/Purple though so thereโ€™s no way Mahoraga could adapt to it unless Sukuna was hit
What I think too.

Gege needs to explain this in next chapter.
Yeah he has to.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Fair point.

Though Gojo's IV sure hit is/seems kinda different from infinity-shield/red/blue/purple as it's not related to space/time manipulation but informations overload.

I still don't get the link between infinity and informations, unless it is related to Gojo's 6th eye as some readers think, which would make his domain sure hit different from just his limitless CT (explaining why 6th eye + limitless is so hax).
I mean yes Gege needs to elaborate further on what it is.

What we know is the following

What Gojo says is

โ€œInfinite number of activities are forced upon the act of โ€˜livingโ€™โ€

Infinite number of activities - manipulating time and space I guess? I can't say for certain.

Now assuming you're right and Gojo is just that strong -which is possible, I'd be disappointed by the Sukuna's entire-serie-fake-hype.

My pov, but I don't like perfect and invincible protags (except Saitama, who's just a walking-joke), nor frauds antags.
I mean Sukuna being weaker than Gojo does not mean he's a fraud lol.

Throughout the entire story we've been told Gojo is the strongest. By Gojo himself, by others, by Gege too.
Using this panel because that's the correct translation.

Gege about Gojo
Gege about Gojo
Gege about Gojo

There's probably more, these are just off the top of my head right now.

Sukuna being weaker than Gojo does not mean he's a fraud. And vice-versa is true too.

With what we've been told, it makes sense to have Gojo>20f Sukuna. Or at worst them being equal or just a tiny tiny tiny edge towards Gojo. And Gojo being stronger than OG Sukuna has mostly proven to be true thus far. But again this is a manga and Gege can freely change his mind, it's his work afterall. Do I think Gojo is stronger than Heian Era Sukuna? Yes. Can I be 100 percent sure without a doubt? No. Cuz I said this is a manga first and foremost, not the real world. Anything can happen.

I mean yes Gege needs to elaborate further on what it is.

What we know is the following

What Gojo says is

โ€œInfinite number of activities are forced upon the act of โ€˜livingโ€™โ€

Infinite number of activities - manipulating time and space I guess? I can't say for certain.

I mean Sukuna being weaker than Gojo does not mean he's a fraud lol.

Throughout the entire story we've been told Gojo is the strongest. By Gojo himself, by others, by Gege too.
Using this panel because that's the correct translation.

Gege about Gojo
Gege about Gojo
Gege about Gojo

There's probably more, these are just off the top of my head right now.

Sukuna being weaker than Gojo does not mean he's a fraud. And vice-versa is true too.

With what we've been told, it makes sense to have Gojo>20f Sukuna. Or at worst them being equal or just a tiny tiny tiny edge towards Gojo. And Gojo being stronger than OG Sukuna has mostly proven to be true thus far. But again this is a manga and Gege can freely change his mind, it's his work afterall. Do I think Gojo is stronger than Heian Era Sukuna? Yes. Can I be 100 percent sure without a doubt? No. Cuz I said this is a manga first and foremost, not the real world. Anything can happen.
I meant a fraud as a char (his portrayal/hype), not inverse, in which he's the strongest bar Gojo.

I want at the very least that Sukuna gives real difficulties to Gojo by himself, cause so far he doesn't look like an actual threat from a reader pov.

Until now, anytime Sukuna does something Gojo basically just adapts and does better.

No tension at all.

Gol D. Roger

ศถษฆษ› ึ„ษจส€วŸศถษ› ำ„ษจีผษข
โ€Ž
It looks like I am probably one of the only people who doesn't mind the pacing, the spectator comments, and the way the fight's happening.

I meant a fraud as a char (his portrayal/hype), not inverse, in which he's the strongest bar Gojo.

I want at the very least that Sukuna gives real difficulties to Gojo by himself, cause so far he doesn't look like an actual threat from a reader pov.

Until now, anytime Sukuna does something Gojo basically just adapts and does better.

No tension at all.
While it's true Gojo maintained the upper hand so far, he's been frying his brain trying to one-up Sukuna. He's pushing his limits way beyond what he's normally used it. That's the reason why he's got a nosebleed. If we're strictly talking about their physical condition, Gojo's in a worse condition than Sukuna before Infinity Void.

But we didnt see the wheel turn this chapter.

Gege needs to explain this in next chapter.
We didn't see the wheel turn when Sukuna adapted to Gojo's other abilities, but we know for a fact that he's already adapted to all of em. Maho already adapted to Infinity Void before its summoning, so one of two things must've happened: 1. Sukuna must've adapted to it when he was hit during the 0.01-second delay, or 2. it adapted when Sukuna was hit the second time when his domain was broken. I bet it was the first time.

Possible, because Gojo didnt see it in 228, did he?
He didn'tโ€”it's the author hinting to the readers that it's happening internally or behind the shadows.

Last edited:
We didn't see the wheel turn when Sukuna adapted to Gojo's other abilities, but we know for a fact that he's already adapted to all of em. Maho already adapted to Infinity Void before its summoning, so one of two things must've happened: 1. Sukuna must've adapted to it when he was hit during the 0.01-second delay, or 2. it adapted when Sukuna was hit the second time when his domain was broken. I bet it was the first time.
Still what I think.

Would make more sense than any other options.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Look at Gojo's eyes. My man is in the zone.

He's hitting that sweet Black flash on Mahoraga's ass soon.

No tension at all.

On the real tho, Sukuna has proven himself to be a major threat even to Gojo. And will continue to do it too.