Jujutsu Kaisen, Chapter 249: Inhuman Makyou Shinjuku Showdown, Part 21

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
No it isn't, because i never really relied on Viz the first place.

I relied on Lightning446 on Twitter, a Viz translator for another manga but who also does translation corrections/errors for JJK on twitter & also translated Gojo's death chapter for Viz. Go and check out their work. :kayneshrug:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fGG-miZgBFk-C0zfO8BPWsivqsRHK_3DChXCKDo8ShM/edit?usp=sharing
Lightning is wrong here though, Max discusses it in the video.

It’s over bro…

:josad:

What Lightning says here makes more sense to me tbh.

Sukuna didnt realize his output was falling when he punched Yuji through buildings. It was when he used his CT and started firing slashes.
Sukuna in the actual Japanese never says CT just CE.

It makes no sense, because why would Megumi only limit Sukuna’s CT output?

“I won’t let him kill my friends with slashes. Oh wait punches though? That’s ok.”

And there’s no reason to think Megumi wouldn’t be limiting his entire output.

Also, we’re seeing it right now, Yuji can’t keep up with 20F Sukuna finger in speed at all right now, but he able to catch 15F Sukuna after he took over Megumi.

Unless you think those last 5 fingers massively boost Sukuna’s speed or his Heian body is just way faster ( we haven’t seen the Heian form fly with air stomps yet ).

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Sukuna in the actual Japanese never says CT just CE.

It makes no sense, because why would Megumi only limit Sukuna’s CT output?

“I won’t let him kill my friends with slashes. Oh wait punches though? That’s ok.”

And there’s no reason to think Megumi wouldn’t be limiting his entire output.
I read it as initially Sukuna being confused which he later understands that his CT is being limited by Megumi.

He looks at the problem and is then like "Hmm, my CE output is dropping"

Later on he realizes that its only happening when he uses his CT to target Megumi's comrades which he then adjusts for by cleave-ing the footing.

And technically, a statement like "my CE output is falling" isnt wrong - all i'm arguing is that we got a lil bit more specific info later on.

And even in your argument, do you believe Megumi initially limited Sukuna fully but somehow then let Sukuna use his regular CE output normally?

I read it as initially Sukuna being confused which he later understands that his CT is being limited by Megumi.

Later on he realizes that its only happening when he uses his CT to target Megumi's comrades which he then adjusts for by cleave-ing the footing.

And technically, a statement like "my CE output is falling" isnt wrong - all i'm arguing is that we got a lil bit more specific info later on.

And even in your argument, do you believe Megumi initially limited Sukuna fully but somehow then let Sukuna use his regular CE output normally?
Yep, I think Megumi limited Sukuna fully when targeting allies.

To be honest I feel like a punch from 15F Sukuna with high output CE reinforcement would damn near kill Yuji or Maki so it makes sense to me. Also this:

Also, we’re seeing it right now, Yuji can’t keep up with 20F Sukuna finger in speed at all right now, but he able to catch 15F Sukuna after he took over Megumi.

Unless you think those last 5 fingers massively boost Sukuna’s speed or his Heian body is just way faster ( we haven’t seen the Heian form fly with air stomps yet ).

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Yep, I think Megumi limited Sukuna fully when targeting allies.

To be honest I feel like a punch from 15F Sukuna with high output CE reinforcement would damn near kill Yuji or Maki so it makes sense to me. Also this:
Yuta has already proven that wrong and Maki will also fight Sukuna eventually. :kayneshrug:

Toji downplay is gonna inevitably look clownish.

His fist was hurting just by punching yuji its clear his ce to

With his Current feats Yuji is already stronger than maki what do u mean? They were equal or same lv at the very least when both tag team agaisnt meguna, now as stated by sukuna he grow massively stronger after one month training.
Yuji>maki~hakari
Yuji's current feats? You mean where he fails to stop Sukuna from bullying Higaruma, and he potentially shoots a piercing blood that Sukuna backhands away? Yuji's RCT is not saving him against Maki.

Saying they were on the same level when they jumped Megkuna is a nasty lie. Maki put in the most work and got the best hit in on Sukuna, all while not using any cursed tools. Yuji got one solid hit in, and that's because Sukuna was shocked about his output getting dropped.

Sukuna said ALL the people he fought improved over the month, so to imply that Yuji did and Maki did not is silly. Not to mention, Maki is EXPLCITY called a heavy hitter, while Yuji is not.

I just noticed you put HAKARI there as well, which makes this even funnier. This scan implies that Yuta and Hakari are the next strongest protagonists after Gojo, and Hakari is also called a heavy hitter, unlike Yuji.

Yuta>=Hakari>Maki>>Yuji

Last edited:
Yuji's current feats? You mean where he fails to stop Sukuna from bullying Higaruma, and he potentially shoots a piercing blood that Sukuna backhands away? Yuji's RCT is not saving him against Maki.

Saying they were on the same level when they jumped Megkuna is a nasty lie. Maki put in the most work and got the best hit in on Sukuna, all while not using any cursed tools. Yuji got one solid hit in, and that's because Sukuna was shocked about his output getting dropped.

Sukuna said ALL the people he fought improved over the month, so to imply that Yuji did and Maki did not is silly. Not to mention, Maki is EXPLCITY called a heavy hitter, while Yuji is not.

I just noticed you put HAKARI there as well, which makes this even funnier. This scan implies that Yuta and Hakari are the next strongest protagonists after Gojo, and Hakari is also called a heavy hitter, unlike Yuji.

Yuta>=Hakari>Maki>>Yuji
Yuji can protect his soulf from the sword
Maki has nothing on him

Yuji will become vessel for the merger and sukuna will fight him. Maybe Kenny will be the one controlling merger-yuji. I think it was the plan all along, cause if yuji supposed to be just the cage for sukuna, well, it didn't work. But Kenny didn't care about sukuna release at all
Post automatically merged:

Yuji can protect his soulf from the sword
Maki has nothing on him
The sword cuts body too though. It ignores all defence and etc. So if it damages the body, it also damages the soul. The body is the soul thing

Why do people act like Maki is a carbon copy of Toji? They’re only similar in terms of their fighting abilities. Their personalities are very different. It’s pretty ironic that OP fans are complaining about this when Sabo is literally Ace 2.0

Why do people act like Maki is a carbon copy of Toji? They’re only similar in terms of their fighting abilities. Their personalities are very different. It’s pretty ironic that OP fans are complaining about this when Sabo is literally Ace 2.0
they complain exactly about fighting abilities and not personalities. they complain abot gege's wanking of toji through maki (it was too much tbh, gege overdone it. and i'm toji fanboy, lol).
i agree with you though.
maki's story arc was sad and brutal, and changed her dramatically. but she managed to return to her former self. but that part of games was not so enjoyable overall.

i didn't really care about those katana and sumo guys, and by curse naoya as well. and i'm surelly don't say they was great and all, but curse naoya been foreshadowed, so gege just didnt's drop his world rules.

and i liked so much her becoming toji 2.0 powerwise. it actually shows at what lvl toji was in the verse and shows what can people be, if yuki could achive her goal of the world without cursed energy

Yuji will become vessel for the merger and sukuna will fight him. Maybe Kenny will be the one controlling merger-yuji. I think it was the plan all along, cause if yuji supposed to be just the cage for sukuna, well, it didn't work. But Kenny didn't care about sukuna release at all
Post automatically merged:

The sword cuts body too though. It ignores all defence and etc. So if it damages the body, it also damages the soul. The body is the soul thing
Yuji s can tank sukuna s slashes