General & Others Jujutsu Kaisen - General Discussion

Your favourite characters?

• Total voters

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
It’s a pity, he had potential to make something worthwhile, but I guess we can’t grasp the pressures of giving a chapter each week.
Yep.

This was never a groundbreaking manga tbh, Gege is like a Dollar Store Togashi - pays attention to a complex powersystem & with narrative beats centred around societal critique. Togashi does this in a fictional universe, but Gege chose modern day Japan as his setting with a horror twist.

The similarities are also not surprising, JJK has dozens of references to HxH tbh. You could even say this entire manga itself is a homage to Togashi's way of storytelling from a fan (Gege Akutami).

Yep.

This was never a groundbreaking manga tbh, Gege is like a Dollar Store Togashi - pays attention to a complex powersystem & with narrative beats centred around societal critique. Togashi does this in a fictional universe, but Gege chose modern day Japan as his setting with a horror twist.

The similarities are also not surprising, JJK has dozens of references to HxH tbh. You could even say this entire manga itself is a homage to Togashi's way of storytelling from a fan (Gege Akutami).
I think he just wanted to do one vague "Battle Shounen" since he was a kid who read HxH and Bleach, I think he never expected the manga to be such a success, which he confirmed when he said he was preparing for the axe to happen anytime by the Death Womb Paintings arc.

I am not even sure if he would pick JJK as his favourite if he was asked to pick between JJk0 and Kamishiro Sousa/ Nikai Bongai Barabarujura

It was never a Passion Project, just him living out his teenage fantasies of "Writing a Reconstruction of Bleach" that he eventually got tired of.

In hindsight his main mistake will be the Timeskip and how it hurt reader investment in the characters

Yep.

i do agree tho :shame:
Post automatically merged:

But he has pretty good teeth... Even heian era of sukuna. Unless he had them done. Maybe that's why he needed Kenny :risicheck:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
I think he just wanted to do one vague "Battle Shounen" since he was a kid who read HxH and Bleach, I think he never expected the manga to be such a success, which he confirmed when he said he was preparing for the axe to happen anytime by the Death Womb Paintings arc.

I am not even sure if he would pick JJK as his favourite if he was asked to pick between JJk0 and Kamishiro Sousa/ Nikai Bongai Barabarujura

It was never a Passion Project, just him living out his teenage fantasies of "Writing a Reconstruction of Bleach" that he eventually got tired of.

In hindsight his main mistake will be the Timeskip and how it hurt reader investment in the characters
Can't stress how much I agree with this

Especially that timeskip, god that was a bad decision....

This one

I wish it didn't happen.... maybe if it didn't we would finally have gotten definite answers on Nobara lol

who are your favs btw?
Post automatically merged:

Anyone else remember the triple domain expansion panel? That was so hype lol
Oh that short timeskip? Why do you dislike it? It’s whatever for me. I’m glad Sukuna and Gojo had time to prepare, and they took it gladly.

My fave is Geto - not Brainman, Geto :blush:

Followed by Sukuna and Yuji.