Jujutsu Kaisen, Season 2 Episode 17: Thunderclap, Part 2

Rate the episode:

• Total voters
Could barely tell what was going on and as an anime only I wouldn't even understand what happened at the end.

The soundtrack at the end also wasn't fitting at all.

Fucking incredible.

Obviously parts of it were unfinished, thanks to the fucking HORRID schedule the animators had.

But it still is one of, if not THE best, episodes of the year.

Just pure artistry and cinema.

Just makes you wonder what could've been if they had more time.

Shoutout to all the JJK animators

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
this episode was not good, it felt like a completely different anime

art style aside what was that with sukuna and maho throwing trains at each other. Sukuna was acting out of character too which I first noticed a bit with the last episode but didn’t think too much about it. It was so blatant this episode.

Him eating random popcorn? Throwing trains then laughing like a maniac? Swinging around a crane like Spider-Man??
Sukuna bowing at the fire destruction??? That part was so cringe.

Yea he is sadistic but they made him look like some self absorb egoistic warlord. Sure Sukuna liked flexing his abilities but never has he been out there celebrating and patting himself on the back over destruction or killing ppl in the entire manga. Even after killing Gojo he just talked some shit with a smirk and that’s it. He wasn’t out there bowing like it’s some type of show cuz to Sukuna it’s just another Tuesday.

I get they want to milk this fight and make it the whole episode but it sucked and completely missed the point of explaining Maho or Sukuna’s domain expansion. Not to mention inconsistency with things like Maho’s size, animation that was confusing, THAT FINAL SHOT WITH YUJI (what was that lmao it looked so bad)

But still I think overall the art style wasn’t bad and I enjoyed some parts but I wish they put it to good use instead of showing blurry people throwing buildings at each other. I was really looking forward to the malevolent shrine panel but they glossed over it and didn’t deliver :((

They should really just stick to the manga like last episode instead of writing their own fanfiction smh

Yeah all the feats are being increased by a lot

Characters are erasing city blocks, can physically launch cars and trains like missiles etc etc

a bit too much
Considering yuji can throw cars like nothing
I don’t think sukuna or Maho throwing trains or building is out of powerscaling
It’s just anime flexing their strength

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Considering yuji can throw cars like nothing
I don’t think sukuna or Maho throwing trains or building is out of powerscaling
It’s just anime flexing their strength
Nan, Yuji who is among the peak of physical strength can only throw a car like 10/15 meters away at best

Here we are talking about throwing a train like a meteor hundreds of meters away

The anime is going too far lol

Nan, Yuji who is among the peak of physical strength can only throw a car like 10/15 meters away at best

Here we are talking about throwing a train like a meteor hundreds of meters away

The anime is going too far lol
Among what?
Bro is a fodder :suresure:
Do not compare him with gojo sukuna or mahoraga