Rate the chapter:

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Comparing S1 animation to S2:

S1:

S2:

At first glance, it seems the brightness was at 70% in S1 and in S2 to it is increased to 150-200% ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Overall, the flow of movements seems better in S2 (frame rate?). Maybe, the manga panels were just that good and it is not possible to replicate the same "feel".

My only issue is the increased brightness or unnecessary glow.
Hollow Purple was not completely shown, maybe that's why it feels off (to me at least).

@lee33 @NikaInParis @Sebastian Michaelis Thoughts?
Probably has a lot to do with the fact that it's also their second time animating purple. And of course I think the entire season 2 so far has been more vibrant in colours compared to season 1, from the clips I have seen. Just a huge missed opportunity here to play the Purple Theme ngl.

This slaps so hard

Comparing S1 animation to S2:

S1:

S2:

At first glance, it seems the brightness was at 70% in S1 and in S2 to it is increased to 150-200% ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Overall, the flow of movements seems better in S2 (frame rate?). Maybe, the manga panels were just that good and it is not possible to replicate the same "feel".

My only issue is the increased brightness or unnecessary glow.
Hollow Purple was not completely shown, maybe that's why it feels off (to me at least).

@lee33 @NikaInParis @Sebastian Michaelis Thoughts?
Yep I notice it now. The brightness and coloring are definitely different between the two. I do prefer S1 in that respects.

The Toji vs Geto fight ( Gojo vs Toji was cool too) is the best choreographed fight I have seen in the series besides the Movie.Ahh bout to rewatch it a couple more times.

Gojo escaping his death just felt ehh almost boarding reach territory. The Pychotic theatrics from him was a little much too. I am just getting tired of the trope of going psychotic when you bout cause havoc when it's not really part of acharacter.

The Flashback have been peak JJK so far, i am digging how it makes us grounded with the characters instead of making us observe from distant. It almost feel like we are watching a different series with new Protagonists.

Last edited: