Jujutsu Kaisen, Season 2 Episode 8: Shibuya Incident

Rate the episode:

• Total voters
Apparently, the fight sequence was done right, but studio #ucked it due to some stupid rules in Japan?
https://x.com/Bfaureart/status/1702544614199369911?s=20

@NikaInParis
It's called ghosting ig, and is used to lessen the strain on the eyes and the chance for seizures and epileptic attacks

However, it had the opposite effect lol it almost gave me a seizure, and I don't even have epilepsy

Idk what the difference is between laws during Season 1 and 2. Season 1 had even more gore and the ocassional flashy combo attack, and yet I don't remember there ever being any ghosting

It's called ghosting ig, and is used to lessen the strain on the eyes and the chance for seizures and epileptic attacks

However, it had the opposite effect lol it almost gave me a seizure, and I don't even have epilepsy

Idk what the difference is between laws during Season 1 and 2. Season 1 had even more gore and the ocassional flashy combo attack, and yet I don't remember there ever being any ghosting
😂😂🤦‍♂️
I think a simple content warning would be enough?
Like a cautionary message at the start of the episode.
Anyway, if it helps to solve the problem for kids or adults, I dont mind.

😂😂🤦‍♂️
I think a simple content warning would be enough?
Like a cautionary message at the start of the episode.
Anyway, if it helps to solve the problem for kids or adults, I dont mind.
You know what would also be a viable solution?

Not turning your animation into an EDM-esque flashing piece of garbage.

What happened to less is more?:josad:

Could go either way to be fair, the fight in this episode looked good imo.

They toned it down a lot for some reason

Idk if you read the manga for that part, but, for example:
- Choso straight up rips people apart and uses their blood for that Piercing Blood attack
- Jogo also just rips people apart with his hands, whereas in the anime we get him putting them on fire

They toned it down a lot for some reason

Idk if you read the manga for that part, but, for example:
- Choso straight up rips people apart and uses their blood for that Piercing Blood attack
- Jogo also just rips people apart with his hands, whereas in the anime we get him putting them on fire
I read it like 2 years ago and I think those are fair points but animation/visual-wise it looks good to me.

Got something spoiled on Twitter and I am highkey not interested anymore in the series, the fanbase is fucking annoying at this point why does everyone thinks everyone reads the damn Manga.... and this episode wasn't even that bad if you take away the ghosting ( and let's be upfront here since when did everyone become expert in animation and start casually throwing words like ghosting around lol)