JUMP FESTA 20 Will Be Held on Dec 21-22 2019!

This is Artur (with EtenBoby's help) translation:

This one says Wano is "reaching its core". I think it's pretty clear at this point that Oda doesn't plan on finishing Wano next year. The main draw of his comments is Sabo, Vivi, and Hancock, characters that appeared only in the Act transition chapters. Just like last year Oda talked about "returning to Reverie" and it was the Act transition chapters, not really involved in the plot of Wano but it will be nice to get an update on them.

I believe 2020 will end somewhere in Act 4. The real question is, what does Oda plan to do with something as epic as chapter 1000? Maybe a Kaido and Big Mom moment?

Last edited:
Here is a better translation by Artur until Sandman comes out:

I don't see any language about "sacrifices", just some stuff about the meaning behind Luffy and the Strawhat's fights becoming clear. Also, no suggestion Wano will end in 2020 or else Oda would hype something like Luffy vs Kaido again or at least the epic final war that will eclipse Marineford.

The "meaning behind their fights" likely refers to the motivates behind the battle in Wano becoming clear. Up until now, "open the borders of Wano" was a just a very vague historical reference to isolationist Japan. What is the Kozuki family hiding? Were they protecting Wano and its ancient secrets from the risking the wrath of the World Government? Or is it more of a hold hands and Kumbaya thing with Wano joining the international order? Could be both.

I do expect the opening of Wano will for some reason shock and force the World Government to act in a way it hasn't done since the Void Century. Maybe I'm-sama is only targeting Vivi for now, but after Wano a global purge could begin as their worst kept secrets start coming out from Wano, Toki, etc.

So many great things are coming for the next years, we can really feel that Luffy's adventure is coming to his final stage.
Oden's flashback is indeed enjoyable, we get to see so many legends and he is a likeable guy.
Also can't wait to see the raid in onigashima and the start of the war against kaido's forces.
And the outcomes of vivi, sabo and Hancock situations.

I expected Wano would be a massive arc. There's just so much to get through, and a lot of information to reveal, but I'm glad Oda is still going to cover Reverie. By the sounds of it there's some amazing events going to unfold. Perhaps Sabo will rescue Vivi? Either way, I can't wait.

M

MD Zolo

I've been looking forwards to drawing Wano Kuni a lot, so I'm psyched! And once it's over, things are going to be grim. Sabo will...!! Vivi will...!! Hancock will...!!
I need clarification on this part. Artur's translation says it will be an interlude but this one says that Wano will be over. Artur's translation is more logical story-wise but I suspect that Artur is doing some embellishments.

They'll soon be faced with the reality that you have to bring sacrifices to fight for the things you believe in!! Well, of course,
Nothing about sacrifices in Artur's translation.

I've been worried about revealing spoilers in this arc, so I've been super careful drawing it. If I don't keep myself in check, I'll end up plotting out the entire rest of One Piece's story right there.
Drawing carefully!! He is carefully drawing well-crafted ester eggs.

I bet Weevil and Mihawk are going to wreck the Marines fleets good enough, maybe taking out some vice admirals.
Vice admirals can be replaced nonchalantly and they come in all categories....

The marine would not make a huge fuss.

But admiral damm the marine would do everything to avoid the news coming out.

Maybe BB does it.... remember he went somewhere where the marine will be.

Is he now ???

This is why pre timeskip Luffy is the best. Luffy has been watered down into an idiot who doesnt think things through.

And now this is the type of shit he be saying
:believe::pepedoffy:

This is really dumb. These arent the same thing. Luffy acknowledging that death is an inevitability of war and you cant prevent people from dying in a war like the Alabsta civil war isnt the same as thinking deeply about the sacrifices needed to win this war. And your screenshot doesnt contradict any established characteristic of Luffy. This whole Luffy got dumbed down bullshit came outta no where and ironically the opposite of what actually happened.