General & Others Kaido fight is taking way too long

Damn, everyone seems to like seeing Kaido fighting again and again. I kinda changed my mind, it's true that it adds up to the character and it will really feel like a big achievement when he's actually defeated. :finally:

But i can't help but feel a bit tired of seeing the same fights again and again. I mean how many times have we seen Kaido switch forms ? :specialmeh:

I fear that it's gonna be the same fights over and over again, I hope we see new attacks and forms from him. :shocking:

Because he's the only actual legit threat
He carries his own crew

Without kaido, beast pirates would have lost already

But yeah, At this rate Oda should just make SN trio beat Kaido nor force Luffy beating kaido 1v1
To be fair that’s kinda how most crews are looking rn

Kaido and King
Big Mom and Katakuri
Whitebeard and Marco

The only real exceptions are Roger/Rayleigh and Shanks/Beckman

It's just an artificially long fight.

I'm confident the only reason it's taking so long is Oda being unable to choose one plot path (he wants to put everything inside the arc: Scabbards facing Kaido because of Oden, Supernovas because of the whole Old versus New Era narrative, Yamato because of being his son, Momonosuke because of being another dragon...) plus the arc having way too many secondary characters filling endless chapters while Kaido is fighting whoever.

At this point I just want it to be over the sooner, the better. It's a repetitive dynamic and Kaido is too poor as a character to hold it.

Does Kaido deserves this though? He is a lame villain. I would have prefered all this space to be devoted on Blackbeard or Imu.
I think they will likely never have so much space yeah which is a true shame.

I think at least we had some nice development about at least the former I guess, so the former was already treated okish but still in the future things will not be as long as occurring now unfortunately. :S

Nope, I want him to fight more and more, to further cement that he is The Strongest Creature

Idgaf about the miniscule things people are complaining about the character, Kaido is awesome.

Am i the only one who thinks the kaido fight is taking waaaay too long ? :josad:

I know Kaido being defeated too easily would have felt bittersweet but it's legit too much right now... We've seen Kaido fight so many chapters against so many characters that even Oda doesn't have any idea what new attacks he's gonna use. :kayneshrug:

We've seen his hybrid so many times that it doen't feel dangerous or scary anymore, and i'm not even talking about his full dragon fodder form...

At this point i'm wondering if a good old "Luffy 1v1 and finishes the boss by himself" wouldn't have been better. :crazwhat:

What do you guys think ?:few:
Rather than too long, its core problem imo is that it lacks purpose and is being not efficient.

First failure is the hostage flashback and PTSD case. Replace that with utter demolition and Oden totally lost against Kaidou in the flashback, and Kaidou reigning in Wano without a flick or resistance after that.

In the current time, Kaidou shown too much weakness against Scabbards and Supernovas other than Luffy, because Oda want to hype Asura Zoro and also Kinemon as Scabbard leader etc, sacrificing Kaidou's own power depiction in the process. This is the dumbest sacrifice Oda can make, since sacrificing the ultimate primary saga villain is million times worse than showing the loss of alliance members.

If only Oda makes it efficient and gruesome, crushing 3-4 Scabbards into meat in one swing, and also crushing Enma with one munching bite making Zoro recognize his dreadful powerlevel, Law transporting Zoro outta the battlefield but paying the price by Kaidou instantly killing Law with one serious attack, and after that getting extremely bored and going back to as*rape Black Maria that begs him to do that from morning till night, and after that sleeping soundly like a baby without any care about the war or something, and giving King and Queen authority to continue the war without him, let the alliance feel the absolute power and despair of them never being able to do anything,

It will be worthy depiction of WSC. Then, it will be a true wake up call to Luffy to really hone his haxxes to the max, since Luffy by then will know that there won't be any second round, there will be no second chance if he tries to fight this man. Leaving Luffy no choice other than to be more powerful than anything.

This kind of scenario will span no more than 5-10 chapters, and this imo will give some consequences for Luffy to live by, forging Luffy into the worthy PK contender.

Last edited:
Rather than too long, its core problem imo is that it lacks purpose and is being not efficient.

First failure is the hostage flashback and PTSD case. Replace that with utter demolition and Oden totally lost against Kaidou in the flashback, and Kaidou reigning in Wano without a flick or resistance after that.

In the current time, Kaidou shown too much weakness against Scabbards and Supernovas other than Luffy, because Oda want to hype Asura Zoro and also Kinemon as Scabbard leader etc, sacrificing Kaidou's own power depiction in the process. This is the dumbest sacrifice Oda can make, since sacrificing the ultimate primary saga villain is million times worse than showing the loss of alliance members.

If only Oda makes it efficient and gruesome, crushing 3-4 Scabbards into meat in one swing, and also crushing Enma with one munching bite making Zoro recognize his dreadful powerlevel, Law transporting Zoro outta the battlefield but paying the price by Kaidou instantly killing Law with one serious attack, and after that getting extremely bored and going back to as*rape Black Maria that begs him to do that from morning till night, and after that sleeping soundly like a baby without any care about the war or something, and giving King and Queen authority to continue the war without him, let the alliance feel the absolute power and despair of them never being able to do anything,

It will be worthy depiction of WSC. Then, it will be a true wake up call to Luffy to really hone his haxxes to the max, since Luffy by then will know that there won't be any second round, there will be no second chance if he tries to fight this man. Leaving Luffy no choice other than to be more powerful than anything.

This kind of scenario will span no more than 5-10 chapters, and this imo will give some consequences for Luffy to live by, forging Luffy into the worthy PK contender.“

SO FUCKING TRUE. IF ODA doesn‘t show Kaido‘s lethality AP, LUFFY overcoming is absolutely not worth anything. Is Oda so handicapped, that he doesn‘t understand the basic of manga logic?

You can‘t except that your MC is going to be strong, if his antagonist isn‘t competent. ODA needs to make Luffy and co shine through the ridiculous strength and obstacle Kaido is and not the other way around!
Post automatically merged:

SO FUCKING TRUE. IF ODA doesn‘t show Kaido‘s lethality AP, LUFFY overcoming is absolutely not worth anything. Is Oda so handicapped, that he doesn‘t understand the basic of manga logic?

You can‘t except that your MC is going to be strong, if his antagonist isn‘t competent. ODA needs to make Luffy and co shine through the ridiculous strength & obstacle that Kaido allegedly shall be and not the other way around!

T

Tyronejenkins

Wano is my favorite arc so far. I haven't read one piece in 2 years though so catching up and not having to wait chapter by chapter made it enjoyable.

The arc is really good if you read it in it's whole but if you wait agonizing week after week of course it might seem infuriating. That's why if you have the discipline just hold off one piece for a few years and come back to it.

Am i the only one who thinks the kaido fight is taking waaaay too long ? :josad:

I know Kaido being defeated too easily would have felt bittersweet but it's legit too much right now... We've seen Kaido fight so many chapters against so many characters that even Oda doesn't have any idea what new attacks he's gonna use. :kayneshrug:

We've seen his hybrid so many times that it doen't feel dangerous or scary anymore, and i'm not even talking about his full dragon fodder form...

At this point i'm wondering if a good old "Luffy 1v1 and finishes the boss by himself" wouldn't have been better. :crazwhat:

What do you guys think ?:few:
You serious? :kaidowhat::risicheck: